pasngr
+50|6616
Ever since i got a new lcd, the brightness is ridiculous.  It's a samsung syncmaster 226BW and, yes, I have tried lowering the monitor's brightness level.  I've tried every adjustment I can think of on the monitor and the video card, but the test pattern still is indistinguishable for the four white boxes on the far right.   You know how you're supposed to see slight gradations in brightness all the way across?  Well, I don't.  Just plain cracker-ass whiteness for the four rightmost boxes.  Please help!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Most Sammys work best on contrast 30% brightness 50%. might be 50, 30 memory is bad lol.

I'm assuming you installed the drivers on the CD? Half the features don't work on windows default drivers.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-11-24 19:54:30)

pasngr
+50|6616
Yea, I downloaded drivers from samsung's website.  Tried the 50/30 or 30/50 thing and that didnt work either.
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5970|UK
My samsung syncmaster is at 80 and 80.

Whats your gfx card?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

Try the gamma adjustment on your graphics card's settings.
pasngr
+50|6616

SamTheMan wrote:

My samsung syncmaster is at 80 and 80.

Whats your gfx card?
7800GS (AGP).  I used the display optimization wizard that is provided on the nvidia control panel, and I tried altering the gamma, as Pessimist suggested.  Unfortunately, I still can't get the brightness down.
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6345|Southampton
My bubblescreen Mitsubishi Diamond plus 92 gives me a headache if i put "fine picture mode" on.
pasngr
+50|6616
I updated my video card drivers from nvidia's website and this resolved the problem.  Don't know why it worked this time and not the last.

Last edited by pasngr (2008-01-20 16:31:44)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

pasngr wrote:

My monitor is too bright
My monitor can outsmart you too.

(sorry, had to get in a pun)
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
do you have a pair of sunglasses near by?

like someone said... try brightness 50 percent and contrast 100 percent
Love is the answer
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

pasngr wrote:

I updated my video card drivers from nvidia's website and this resolved the problem.  Don't know why it worked this time and not the last.
Problem solved.

Good work men!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard