DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Ty wrote:

I don't mind paying to send it back to Finland so don't worry too much about the cost on my part.
Send yourself over aswell!

Bernadictus wrote:

Uhm, what would be handy is that you include a CD holder in the package like this:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9457/photo1oq4.jpg

To ensure the disc survives. And also, please close the disk or insert a Flashdrive, so we could put a picture of ourselves on it, holding the cd.
Flashdrive would be the win.
I need around tree fiddy.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

DonFck wrote:

Ty wrote:

I don't mind paying to send it back to Finland so don't worry too much about the cost on my part.
Send yourself over aswell!
Would but then the cost becomes an issue. I'll catch up with you one day mate, you've got my cellphone number.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

Bernadictus wrote:

Uhm, what would be handy is that you include a CD holder in the package like this:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9457/photo1oq4.jpg

To ensure the disc survives. And also, please close the disk or insert a Flashdrive, so we could put a picture of ourselves on it, holding the cd.
The origional idea of this is to see how many pieces the disk gets round the world in.

Of course, putting it in a protective case is kinda stops this

We also had a discussion about writing to the disc n stuff..... but the reality is, there is a high chance of the disc getting broken-> files are lost
Adding a flash drive is a nice idea- but again, there is a good chance of it getting broken.
Also, the biggest problem with using these methods if that is the envelope never reaches a destination, all the files are lost.

What I was thinking, prehaps, was to include some FTP details in the envelope, and people just upload it to there. Sure, it won't be as "epic"* as writing to disk or drive, but its more realistic- it adds no extra weight to the envlope, and it can't get broken- also, if the evelope gets lost, we still have the files from the journey.

*Its still going to be epic anyway..... people write their names physically on the disk (with a pen!), and can write messages on the piece of paper that is going round with it.

Ill see what DU thinks about the FTP idea....

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-11-28 04:43:09)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Or we create a thread, in which we update with a picture once the disk reaches you
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

Bernadictus wrote:

Or we create a thread, in which we update with a picture once the disk reaches you
Exactly.... all ideas of putting files in places is pointless
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|NÃ¥rvei

Titch2349 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Exactly.... all ideas of putting files in places is pointless
That should be closed thread witch a mod takes care of the posting to reduce the spam, better to have an own chatterthread about it separately imho ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
Oregon! Eugene, Oregon!
COUNT ME IN!
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
Titch, you mismarked Selangor. Google Earth it pl0x.
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
info PM'd

mayble i'll add an memory stick micro (size half a finger nail) filled with pics of me with the CD up my ass ^^
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|6001|UK

']['error wrote:

info PM'd

mayble i'll add an memory stick micro (size half a finger nail) filled with pics of me with the CD up my ass ^^
Please do
Lai
+186|6152

Bernadictus wrote:

To ensure the disc survives.
But that's the whole point isn't it, to see what happens if it's ordinairy mailed?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
I like the FTP idea

Oh!

One request!

Switch me with Jimmany (the guy below my name) so I can send to my beloved FatherTed ^^

Last edited by FFLink13 (2007-11-28 13:15:44)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6238|Uk
damn it, im being sent it by a complete prick
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

mkxiii wrote:

Infact, the chances are, I will be sending it to you.

O wait.... that doesn't make a difference
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6238|Uk

Titch2349 wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

Infact, the chances are, I will be sending it to you.

O wait.... that doesn't make a difference

now thats a reply and a half
Lai
+186|6152
What about those miniscule data cards, like micro SD, but smaller, the ones you can use to extend your cellphone's memory? They weigh almost nothing (thus they won't contribute to the cost), they are to small and to thin to get broken and most people have some device that can read it. Either one has to link one's cellphone/digital camera/mp3 player to a PC or use a cardreader.

Last edited by Lai (2007-11-28 14:23:18)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
One request that I have is that nobody do the following:
-stick it up their ass
-pee on it
-anything involving the smell of shit or anything of the like
-"douchebaggery" (just heard that word yesterday HAHA)
you get the point.  nobody do anything ridiculously stupid to it that it will ruin the fun.

other than that, we should definately take pictures and have a seperate closed forum topic.  We send the pics/vids to a mod, and he/she posts it in the topic for everyone to see to stay organized.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
Thanks for squeezing me in to only sending to England
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

Funky_Finny wrote:

Thanks for squeezing me in to only sending to England
That isn't the posting list- that just a rough order of people by country.

The route will be created over the weekend.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Ersguterjunge wrote:

Oh, and freezer, dont forget to send me a ram stick, kthx.
I will

Lai wrote:

What about those miniscule data cards, like micro SD, but smaller, the ones you can use to extend your cellphone's memory? They weigh almost nothing (thus they won't contribute to the cost), they are to small and to thin to get broken and most people have some device that can read it. Either one has to link one's cellphone/digital camera/mp3 player to a PC or use a cardreader.
I think a usual SD card will work out better... Meybe even MMC? They're too big and beefy to break. I've got one in stainless steel

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-11-30 10:30:50)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

ooh can i be the last person or at least send it to europe somewhere
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ersguterjunge wrote:

I will

Lai wrote:

I think a usual SD card will work out better... Meybe even MMC? They're too big and beefy to break. I've got one in stainless steel
Remember not everyone has SD card readers.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6260|Basel, Switzerland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ersguterjunge wrote:

I will
Srsly? <3
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

FFLink13 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ersguterjunge wrote:

I will

Lai wrote:

Remember not everyone has SD card readers.
They're a lot more popular than the ones in cellphones... And less likely to get lost.

@Erse: Srsly

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-12-01 08:47:07)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
As i see i will have to send the envelop to Terror. I just offered him (via karma) that i send him a beer
Or if you smoke you can get a package of some cheap Hungarian cigarettes. If i send something i dont mind to send something plus. Only a disc and some massage on a paper ?

What about we all put in a postcard. SO at the end there would be a collection of postcards from all the cities where the envelop was.
What do you guys think ? Or the envelop would be too heavy at the end ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard