phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6183|c-c-c-Canada
For starters, when i started playing BF2 all i cared about is getting the lowest deaths, and the highest kills.. I have still achieved since the beginning.. i am 10,000 kills away from my deaths and consider myself a REAL BF2 player, i dont think that the badges really mean anything thought.. cause if your in a really high rank and have almost all the badges/ribbons, but have a shitty K/D score then your basically still a freshmen (noob) at the game..

what do you think?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
I like to set a specific KDR and try to get higher than that in most games I play.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada
I agree. My goal is to have the highest kdr as possible and play in every maps in every situation. So basically I've to be good in every vehicles and on every map.

I'm not the best player but I achieve to maintain a ~2.2, which I find not bad at all considering I try to play on every maps.

Secondly, as I like ranking up within the shortest time possible, Ive given myself the goal to get a medal at each round, which would mean I've a good spm. That's why I've something like 0.4 medal/round.

So these are my 2 main goals at bf2.

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-08-10 20:14:19)

MetaL*
Banned
+188|6157|Anaheim, Mexifornia

phil-12-12 wrote:

For starters, when i started playing BF2 all i cared about is getting the lowest deaths, and the highest kills.. I have still achieved since the beginning.. i am 10,000 kills away from my deaths and consider myself a REAL BF2 player, i dont think that the badges really mean anything thought.. cause if your in a really high rank and have almost all the badges/ribbons, but have a shitty K/D score then your basically still a freshmen (noob) at the game..

what do you think?
I too agree but your actually 5353 kills away from your deaths...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
I like watching it rise (See my history), and I occasionally check on my kits. But my main goal is to get good at each kit until I get a gold badge, then I just play for fun.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6596|Toronto-Canada
play chopper(with a good pilot/gunner of course)
u'll get a massively high K/D ratio
keyoshi
+28|6420
I keep atleast a 3:1 constant. When I 'keep' a 3:1 constant, I'm usually doing pretty freakin bad. It's usually 5 / 6 : 1
phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6183|c-c-c-Canada

MetaL* wrote:

phil-12-12 wrote:

what do you think?
woops, forgot.

interesting comments so far guys.. im surprised thought, that not one protested yet.
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL

keyoshi wrote:

I keep atleast a 3:1 constant. When I 'keep' a 3:1 constant, I'm usually doing pretty freakin bad. It's usually 5 / 6 : 1
its good ratio but because you are a chopper whore and thats why
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6709|th3 unkn0wn

MetaL* wrote:

phil-12-12 wrote:

what do you think?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
I think their are lots more variables involved in determining a 'good' player. I have said it before and I'll have to say it again, no 1 stat can give you an indication of how good a player is and either can stats in general. All stats can be misleading and warped, depending on many many factors. I have got purple hearts, yet won gold medals and been the main reason our team won in that round and have gone 50-0 in a jet or tank and still lost the match.

Depending on the map, the number of people in that game and how things are getting played out determines how a good player will react (play). The great players are the ones who can turn a match and do what is required to win, not the ones who can kill the most.

KD ratio mean very little, and with the introduction of IO they mean even less. There are and were always stat padders who can have great looking stats, but this hardly makes them a good player. You can have people who prefer to stay safe and rack up a good KD ratio but wont do the hard work required to capture an important flag.

Stats can be used as a very simple guide, but don't be fooled into comparing people, it just can't be done.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

phil-12-12 wrote:

...i am 10,000 kills away from my deaths...
What made you post this when you're actually not?

Your KDR is 1.3, which is pretty average. Seriously, if your goal is to play for a high KDR (there are worse things to aim for so it's not a bad goal as far as that goes) your ratio should be much higher. You should be aiming for at least 2.0.

As far as the "REAL BF2 player" thing goes... there are many ways of playing the game, far more ways than the number of kits, and a guy using any number of 'em could consider themselves to be a 'real' player.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

-=raska=- wrote:

I agree. My goal is to have the highest kdr as possible and play in every maps in every situation. So basically I've to be good in every vehicles and on every map.

I'm not the best player but I achieve to maintain a ~2.2, which I find not bad at all considering I try to play on every maps.

Secondly, as I like ranking up within the shortest time possible, Ive given myself the goal to get a medal at each round, which would mean I've a good spm. That's why I've something like 0.4 medal/round.

not that it really matters, but how have you not gotten 10 Heals in a Round at 250 Medic hrs?
keyoshi
+28|6420
Recondo I am FAR from a chopper whore. Yes I get in the chopper on Mass Destruction and Gator, but I play in infantry only karkand dude. Since I got expert chopper, flying is REALLY boring. I put 70+hrs in the chopper in my 400 or so in SF, too much chopper time.

I'd say global KD gives a pretty decent idea of how good a player is.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6844|Waikato, Aotearoa
i try and not get killed TOO many times, but like all battle plans, it generally goes to shit @ 1st enemy contact.

On the +side, its been a good 6 months since i last got a PH which is something i guess
t0mhank5
+319|6712|Surge

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

i try and not get killed TOO many times, but like all battle plans, it generally goes to shit @ 1st enemy contact.

On the +side, its been a good 6 months since i last got a PH which is something i guess

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

AAAAhhhh double post!!!

AAAAhhhh huge sig!!!!

someone call the mods!

Last edited by t0mhank5 (2007-08-10 22:31:16)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6653|pimelteror.de

DrunkFace wrote:

I think their are lots more variables involved in determining a 'good' player. I have said it before and I'll have to say it again, no 1 stat can give you an indication of how good a player is and either can stats in general. All stats can be misleading and warped, depending on many many factors. I have got purple hearts, yet won gold medals and been the main reason our team won in that round and have gone 50-0 in a jet or tank and still lost the match.

Depending on the map, the number of people in that game and how things are getting played out determines how a good player will react (play). The great players are the ones who can turn a match and do what is required to win, not the ones who can kill the most.

KD ratio mean very little, and with the introduction of IO they mean even less. There are and were always stat padders who can have great looking stats, but this hardly makes them a good player. You can have people who prefer to stay safe and rack up a good KD ratio but wont do the hard work required to capture an important flag.

Stats can be used as a very simple guide, but don't be fooled into comparing people, it just can't be done.
AMEN!

At least, it is the question, which personal goals you have in game. Do you prefer to watch your stats, so you camp on spawns and use cheap tactics to get the easiest kills, or do you enjoy to fight alongside your team and try to win the match at all costs, even when this means, that you have to die more, just to get an important flag?
i know "good" players of stats, who would only fly the j10 or switch to the winning team, or would leave the server, if the opponent is too strong. those guys have nice stats - cause they keep them out of very challenging situations - so are they good players, only because they try to fight more noobs, than experienced players and leave the server if their k/d is in danger?
or is the good player some guy, who tries to work with and for his team? and what about the medals and badges and stuff? is someone a good player, who tries to get experience in all kits and vehicles and maps, or is it the infantry only karkand medic whore with the 1337 k/d ratio?

the k/d of my main account isnĀ“t very well with 1,69, but i have nearly all badges and had a lot of fun in earning them. it gives you many more perspectives on gameplay, then just throwing nades and medpacks onto the dusty streets of karkand...
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada

genius_man16 wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

not that it really matters, but how have you not gotten 10 Heals in a Round at 250 Medic hrs?
lol good question.. bad circumstances I guess. I've to say that playing on big maps doesnt help. Secondly, I always join a squad but I've to admit that I won't spawm on the squad leader unless the spawm point advantages me. Most of the time the leader is a tard and will be in some useless place so I'll spawm on a CP and go on my own.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
I'm serious in that I use it as a judge of how well I have played. If it goes up, good; down, bad. It usually goes down when I play IO or China maps but then I get one good round in a vehicle or on foot and it's back up. I feel having a respactable K/D is part of making your player "presentable" (however for what, I have no idea).
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6165
I have a 5.70/1 KDR right now.... Unrea|_Annihi|ation ownz youz!
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
I TRY, but this game is hard to play outside of IO mode without dying every minute or two, and I'm not serious enough to play IO.

Instead, I've taken to hanging around on top of tanks. The tank driver actually wants you there most of the time, as you can spot things and keep infantry off, with points spilling over onto him. In return, you get armour, a huge effing gun to use, supreme accuracy, a target-rich environment, and a steady supply of points from the driver's cannon and treads.
SniperPoppa
+20|6153|Gisborne, Australia
Play for fun, and if your good enough your K/D will be naturally high.
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6694|Norfolk, England

My only real goal was to maintain a global K/D ratio of more than 2:1
I don't really care about any other stats to be honest.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

Unreal_Insanity wrote:

I'm an idiot and like to brag about mah bf2 skillz kekeke
fixed

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-11-24 16:51:14)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard