NOGGIN
God.
+40|6538
When he/she knows what to do in the game. =/

Last edited by NOGGIN (2007-12-09 00:06:43)

studplaya1114
+1|6732

Nanten wrote:

Why do people allways think that using unlocks makes someone a noob? It's really a matter of your personal preference. Someone likes AK, someone likes l85, someone likes the G36. Who cares? The people that bitch about the unlocks, are the people that get killed with unlocks. They bitch because they don't have the skill to use them. If using G36/ak/what ever gets the job done, who the fuck cares?

Just because you get killed with G36, doesn't really mean the killer is a noob. Think about it. There were two of you, you ended up dead. Whos the noob/less skilled? Yeah, sure you could say that "hes using G36, blind monkey could kill with it". If blind monkey could kill with it, then why not use it yourself? Because it takes no skill? BS, every single weapon takes skill in BF2, even the G36. Just because it's accurate gun with small recoil, doesn't mean it's not a good weapon or is only for noobs. It does the job. Simple. The goal in BF2 is to kill your opponent, not to "learn how to use AK efficiently".

Sheesh!

Oh, and i myself prefer AK over G36 just because AK is sexier ;P But i don't flame people that use G36. If i get killed by G36, i try to learn from the mistake and deal with the situation better next time.
good post
it doesnt really matter what weapon u use, or what map you play, or whether or not its IO. i think experienced players are more aware of their surroundings and able to outthink the enemy.
masculata
+24|6694|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West
Never really stopped to think about it, but there are a lot of little things that make someone no longer a noob:

When they pay attention to HUD/UAV and not rush before checking for OpFOR UAV. Making sure to check for teammates capping flag before tossing nades at it.
When squadded up, paying attention to how your squad mates play, and what squad goal is. When playing support or medic, they are aware  of who is calling for ammo or medi feedbags. Situational kit choice. Understanding map choke points and how to exploit them (attacking or defending).

Last edited by masculata (2007-12-09 00:45:25)

mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6201
hmmm when is a noob no longer a noob?  i think... when he is proficient at everything there is to do in the game, and knows everything there is to know, about every level, weapon, vehicle, etc. 

so basically you dont suck at anything in the game.  i have a  niche, piloting jets and choppers @ wake, and commanding @ karkand. 

i know how to do very few things in the whole scheme of things.  I suck at IO, and pretty much every other map besides those above.  I'm a noob when im out of my element, like a fish out of water.
A3G15
+27|6583
You're no longer a noob when:

You're first (or only) method of attack doesn't consist of throwing hand grenades or spamming claymores.
You can use any weapon, and don't rely on the same gun/kit/method repeatedly.
You don't become unglued when a commander is actually commanding and spotting.
You care more about playing the game / having fun / winning than some score/stats.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6239|Finland
You are less nooob when

A3G15 wrote:

You're first (or only) method of attack doesn't consist of throwing hand grenades or spamming claymores.
You can use any weapon, and don't rely on the same gun/kit/method repeatedly.
You don't become unglued when a commander is actually commanding and spotting.
You care more about playing the game / having fun / winning than some score/stats.

But is it being noob when everything is going wrong, or is it just bad day?
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6604|Sweden
you are no longer a noob when you play like me. Check my stats!!

Sacrifice for the team ftw!!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6641|EU

NOGGIN wrote:

When he/she knows what to do in the game. =/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard