fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA
Some of you know, or might not know, but I am a rabid SF Giants fan!!

I have gone to World Series games in 89' and in 02', countless playoff games, and hundreds of regular season games. . . . .

I witnessed the record breaking 756 home run from the left field bleachers last night, and it was fucking bad ass!!!  That place was pandemonium, similar to when Kenny Lofton hit the basehit to win the Pennant in 02' (was at that game as well!!).

Regardless of what people think of Barry Bonds, the record is amazing!!! Barry IS the greatest player of his generation hands down, steroids or no steroids!!!  I have said in previous posts that I am not a huge Barry fan (which I am not), but I have revised my opinion on the steriod matter.  This is the USA, and people are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.  I think Barry has handled himself brilliantly this year, and has really managed to play despite all the media frenzy/bias against him.  Bud Selig however is a fucking joke, wait. . . . how about an absolute PRICK!! He has been like "Deer in the headlights" when talking about Barry Bonds, and for that he should be ashamed!!

I personally dont care one way or the other about the steroids anymore!! Because bottom line, you still have to hit the frigging baseball which is one of THE most difficult things to do in sport!!!  If anything the steroids should have made him slow and cumbersome, and unable to swing the bat through the zone to get maximum "wood" on the ball. . . . . Not only that, Barry HAS taken urine tests the last few years and has had no positive tests whatsoever. . . .

Anyway, last night was a magical night for Giants fans (even though we are the shits this year), and baseball fans the world over!!
https://i16.tinypic.com/5xnmlmq.jpg
This is a pic from last night as he hit the homerun (from SFGATE.com)

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-08-08 09:35:18)

Sabr1y0
+10|6134
it's like the 3rd topic about that
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA
Yea but I was there. . . .

So I have more authority on the matter!!! lol
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6299|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

And who caught the ball?

One of us, thank you very much.

1 New York Mets fan fended off a bleacher's worth of San Franciscans.

Owned.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6649|Your moms bedroom
how can anyone continue to support Barry Bonds, regardless of Steroids, the guy is a fucking prick, he leaves the bench when the game goes into extra innings what a fucking joke. I bet every player on San Fran will be glad when Barry is done, just like when sammy sosa left the cubs

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-08-08 10:59:40)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6570
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

cowami wrote:

And who caught the ball?

One of us, thank you very much.

1 New York Mets fan fended off a bleacher's worth of San Franciscans.

Owned.
Someone won the lottery
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6188|Wisconsin

rawls2 wrote:

My thoughts exactly
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6649|Your moms bedroom
i wonder how much the value of the ball will decrease once the whole Balco thing finishes up, isnt Barry's trainer still in jail?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6751|FUCK UBISOFT

anyone see mr 3000?

that movie sucked.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
IRONCHEF
+385|6500|Northern California
Agreed - "*" will always be by the loser's name.  With any luck, he'll be made an example of legally.  But the way things go these days with accountability (lack thereof), he'll continue to be embraced and I'll live.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

I am a baseball fan, I despise Barry Bonds.  You know why?

1) He was on steroids at some point in his career, probably HGH too.
2) The guy is a fucking asshole.  Period.  Listen to him talk to the media.  Try to get his attention at a fucking game!  Douchebag.
3) He cheated to break a historic record.

He is/was a good player.  He was an MVP before he went to the Giants.  In fact, I remember watching the Pirates lose to the Braves in (I think) '92.  The guy is a fucking asshole to the media, fans, any skeptics, his own players, etc.

By the way, Steve, I cheered and jeered as your beloved Giants lost to the almighty Halos in '02.  In the immortal words of William Golding, "sucks to your assmar!"
IRONCHEF
+385|6500|Northern California
https://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg
Before - After

OTHER BEFORE/AFTER JUICERS!

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2007-08-08 11:33:54)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Clearly he hasn't played enough at that stadium where there IS A FUCKING BIG GREEN WALL PREVENTING ALL HOME RUNS, EVER thus making any game played at that FUCKING BORING.

I am going to suicide bomb that wall.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Mekstizzle wrote:

Clearly he hasn't played enough at that stadium where there IS A FUCKING BIG GREEN WALL PREVENTING ALL HOME RUNS, EVER thus making any game played at that FUCKING BORING.

Fenway?  Please.  That wall is 300 feet from home plate.  I could probably hit one over that wall.  Its harder to hit one over in right field of Pacbell/Cingular/SBC Park.
too_money2007
+145|6318|Keller, Tx
Stop crying about Bonds and the record. Who fucking cares, when A-Rod will take it in a few years anyways. Did Bonds take steriods? We're not the ones that can judge it. The tests have all be negative and over 20 years, of course the guy is going to put on muscle. God. It's like take your infant picture and comparing it to when you're 10. Idiotic.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6487| Texas

Mekstizzle wrote:

the Green Monster? please, get the name right at least
too_money2007
+145|6318|Keller, Tx

Darkfire wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

the Green Monster? please, get the name right at least
I think he was being sarcastic. If he knows baseball, he obviously knows people jack it over the Monster on a routine basis.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
lol yeah I watch Baseball. It's like Test Cricket. I like it because it's not all Glamorised like other American sports. There's also a lot of subtle factors you have to deal with. I'm not a boring guy who likes his Baseball/Cricket/Golf. I also like Nascar/F1/Football (Soccer) & Tennis too, before anyone says anything.

Baseball needs a "hard hitting" style of game though. Like how Cricket has Twenty20 for the big fast slogging action.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6496|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

too_money2007 wrote:

Stop crying about Bonds and the record. Who fucking cares, when A-Rod will take it in a few years anyways. Did Bonds take steriods? We're not the ones that can judge it. The tests have all be negative and over 20 years, of course the guy is going to put on muscle. God. It's like take your infant picture and comparing it to when you're 10. Idiotic.
Yes, your body will change... but for a 40yr old to put on 20lbs of muscle in the span of a couple of years, the bull shit flag is being raised. I was working out twice a day, eating right, and taking every thing but juice, it took me 6yrs to put that on and that is when I was in my younger 20s.

Bonds is full of shit when he says "I took the clear, but I didn't know what it was", I don't take anything that I don't know what it is.

Edit: A-Rod is a great player, and a nice guy.

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-08-08 12:11:12)

too_money2007
+145|6318|Keller, Tx

SgtHeihn wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Yes, your body will change... but for a 40yr old to put on 20lbs of muscle in the span of a couple of years, the bull shit flag is being raised. I was working out twice a day, eating right, and taking every thing but juice, it took me 6yrs to put that on and that is when I was in my younger 20s.

Bonds is full of shit when he says "I took the clear, but I didn't know what it was", I don't take anything that I don't know what it is.

Edit: A-Rod is a great player, and a nice guy.
Well, Bonds does have more money than all of us on these forums combined, so if he did it legit, I'm sure getting the best of the best of everything helped out.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6448

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

2) The guy is a fucking asshole.  Period.  Listen to him talk to the media.  Try to get his attention at a fucking game!  Douchebag.

He is/was a good player.  He was an MVP before he went to the Giants.  In fact, I remember watching the Pirates lose to the Braves in (I think) '92.  The guy is a fucking asshole to the media, fans, any skeptics, his own players, etc.

By the way, Steve, I cheered and jeered as your beloved Giants lost to the almighty Halos in '02.  In the immortal words of William Golding, "sucks to your assmar!"
1.  Prove it.  Oh that's right you can't.  Stop assuming and wait, cause as of now, he HAS NOT.  No failed tests, no evidence other than hearsay. 
2.  Well when the media vilifies your dad right in front of your childish eyes, you would hate them too.
3.  Every record in baseball that has been broken was helped by cheating of some sort, why do you care now?

And finally...Sports don't matter.  Your rent doesn't get paid, your woman will still fuck another guy, and you still don't know for what reason we are even on this planet.  Start caring about something that matters, please.

Edit....not just @ Ken, I just quoted yours to answer.  The rant is directed at anyone who gets their panties in a bunch over such inconsequential things like sports.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-08-08 12:38:13)

l41e
+677|6658

oChaos.Haze wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

1.  Prove it.  Oh that's right you can't.  Stop assuming and wait, cause as of now, he HAS NOT.  No failed tests, no evidence other than hearsay. 
2.  Well when the media vilifies your dad right in front of your childish eyes, you would hate them too.
3.  Every record in baseball that has been broken was helped by cheating of some sort, why do you care now?

And finally...Sports don't matter.  Your rent doesn't get paid, your woman will still fuck another guy, and you still don't know for what reason we are even on this planet.  Start caring about something that matters, please.

Edit....not just @ Ken, I just quoted yours to answer.  The rant is directed at anyone who gets their panties in a bunch over such inconsequential things like sports.
1 and 3 and your edit all contradict each other. You deny it, and yet say it doesn't matter. And then you say none of it matters.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6448
No they don't but nice try.  1 = innocent until proven guilty.  3 = cheating is part of the game, why care now?  Edit = it doesn't matter.  Now where are the contradictions?  Oh yeah, NOT THERE.  Knitpick some more...

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-08-08 12:40:17)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

It doesn't matter.  Kkkk.  Tell that to the companies (and sports owners) that invest hundreds of millions of dollars in team sponsorships, athlete endorsements, etc.  Tell that to Michael Vick that sports don't matter.  I'm sure he is the first person to be charged with dogfighting and animal cruelty.  Dragged through the media.

Sports may not matter to you, but they do to me.  I have been going to Angel games for 20 years now.  It is a part of me.  I go to at least 15 games a year, I have season tickets, I actively support the Angels.

You do make a point though...I  can't prove he (Bonds) took steroids.  I can only look at his trainer sitting in jail for refusing to testify about what he gave Bonds, and his Nutritionist who admitted to giving Bonds steroids.  As opposed to looking at tests administered years later and his own testimony.

As for your point about the media vilifying his dad, WTF is that about?  He hates the media for some reason, whatever.  He gets paid millions of dollars to PLAY BASEBALL!  Part of playing baseball is conducting interviews with the media.  He needs to grow up and deal with it.  He doesn't have to like them, but not acting like an asshole would go a long way.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-08-08 12:47:40)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard