Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
jamiet757
Member
+138|5238
I remember when I first loaded up Half-Life 1 and thought "Holy shit, this looks amazing!"

Then when HL2 came out, it blew my mind...

Now, some games are making HL2 look like crap.

What about you, what was the first game to make you say "Holy Shit!"?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|4957|Atlanta, Georgia
007 Golden Eye (N64)
jamiet757
Member
+138|5238

NeXuS4909 wrote:

007 Golden Eye (N64)
oo I remember that one, the poorly mapped faces and low detail textures made me saw wow too!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|5135|Adelaide, South Australia

Max Payne.
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|4841|Mildura, Aus
perfect dark, gotta love those blood splatters on the walls
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|5006

Serious?
Mario, black and white.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|4957|Atlanta, Georgia

jamiet757 wrote:

NeXuS4909 wrote:

007 Golden Eye (N64)
oo I remember that one, the poorly mapped faces and low detail textures made me saw wow too!
Graphics just dont make a game. Look deeper into 007 then reply once you understand.
Pyrri
Member
+7|5239
Age of Empires. Coming from games like Red Alert and C & C it was just so... fresh. Totally changed the way I looked at graphics.
jamiet757
Member
+138|5238

NeXuS4909 wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

NeXuS4909 wrote:

007 Golden Eye (N64)
oo I remember that one, the poorly mapped faces and low detail textures made me saw wow too!
Graphics just dont make a game. Look deeper into 007 then reply once you understand.
I understand I played that game for years, it was sarcasm it is a great game!
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|5191
Wouldn't it be weird to go into a comma and wake up 15 years later to find games that make Crysis look like the 1st doom game.
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|4841|Mildura, Aus

daffytag wrote:

Wouldn't it be weird to go into a comma and wake up 15 years later to find games that make Crysis look like the 1st doom game.
coma*
jamiet757
Member
+138|5238

daffytag wrote:

Wouldn't it be weird to go into a comma and wake up 15 years later to find games that make Crysis look like the 1st doom game.
yes

thats what I feel like thinking the past games I have played were AWESOME! I feel like an idiot because by today's standards they were crap

I can't believe I used to play games on the Atari and thought they looked cool
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|4841|Mildura, Aus
Alan Wake blew my mind away TBH
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|4852|Uk

NeXuS4909 wrote:

007 Golden Eye (N64)
This man speaks the truth people!!!!

i still have nostalgic thoughts of the complex level on multiplayer and hiding in that secret closet in the pillar room

*drifts off*
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|4918

NeXuS4909 wrote:

007 Golden Eye (N64)
We have a winner.

I loved that game.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|5124|Bournemouth, South England
Lemmings, the original one. That was awesome.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|5172|Kent, UK
Shame they won't be re-releasing it on the Wii Virtual Console, that would be amazingly cool

EDIT:
GoldenEye 007, that is

Last edited by Buckles (2007-08-08 05:25:09)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|4851|S.A. Australia
Max Payne 2, the first game was pretty awsome, but Max's second coming not only blew off my socks, it set fire to my ankles as well....
Serious Flex
Sabr1y0
Member
+10|4740
Starcraft
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|5316|MoVal So-Cal
Tie-fighter


at the time nothing came close to what I experienced when I popped that game it, defending several star destroyers while also trying to take out several mon calamari cruisers WITH fighter escort was amazing. At the time the screen seemed flooded with ships and lasers. I was floored
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|5160|Sverige (SWE)
A old square pixel computer/Tv-game ( Philips G 7000 ) ; U played one of 2 cowboys and u cud buns your shots of obstacle's so you hit the other and so on......

Last edited by znozer (2007-08-08 05:48:20)

maef
Member
+67|5299|Tulln, Austria
Hitman actually.

Not because of the graphics, but because it was one of the first games (that I played) that had "interactive" environment.
Leaves would move if you went by them, when you dropped someone in the gutter and didn't drag him far enough, only his chest would hang down and the rest would still be lying up there.
It was stuff like this that really blew my mind back then.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|5004|New York
Goldeneye.
or C&C Red alert.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|5150|Valhalla
Soldier of Fortune the first one
Skullcleaver
Member
+7|4773|Michigan
Final Fantasy 7. My first wife and I got into the story line on that in a huge way. She would get so mad if i started to play it before she got home because she didn't want to miss anything. She ended up crying on and off for over a day when Aeris died.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard