l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6839|Dundas, ONT, Canada
I know it's kind of silly but I miss dram roll when you get awards or promotions. What about you?

Last edited by l=l-Oneill-l=l (2007-08-07 22:26:16)

Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
I agree with you, awards/promotions sounds more exclusive in BF2.

What else, yeah, I think the AT rockets in BF2142 should be way faster.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6577
Jets
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6558|Kent, UK
nade spammers, noob tubers and kark
Nah, i just treat 2142 as a completely seperate FPS to BF2

no dissapointment or comparison then
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6536|Valhalla

daffytag wrote:

Jets
The F15 for me
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

I don't play it anymore, but I couldn't understand, with the technology of 2142, that the Gun Ships couldn't Barrel Roll.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Jenspm wrote:

I don't play it anymore, but I couldn't understand, with the technology of 2142, that the Gun Ships couldn't Barrel Roll.
Lawlz. The guns are inaccurately as well.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Yeh, strangely 150 years of technology allowed helicopters to get WORSE....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6558|Kent, UK

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Well yeah, they listened to all the Arab whiners during Iraq.

"Deese jets and helos are wai overpowered, Nerf them USA!!"
Mennechet
+1|6160|In front of my PC...
I miss the MEC voices, there was nothing like jihaading a tank while hearing this language !
Balok77
+28|6150
Yeah now its in Russian or sumthing lol, takes the fun away really
ZCaliber
+12|6513|Between Canada and Iowa

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I find straight down shooting rather useful actually... Something Helos couldn't do. But it isn't that the 'Helos' are worse, it's just the vehicles they're up against have better protection. ;P RGMs may not outright kill in 1 hit, but they still set any vehicle down to flaming and destroy aircraft in 1 hit. (Plus they can destroy commander assets... Something I don't think BF2 Helos could do.)

That aside, I miss the maps of BF2. I wasn't too fond of Karkands play style, but I liked the variety of buildings... And there's nothing like Mashtuur in 2142. I also miss the Chinese style maps like Songhua, Daqing and that powerplant one, which I admit would be a little silly considering 2142s setting, but still... BF2 easily has the edge in building variety.

2142 is so... Cargo containers and like 7 buildings.
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst
I truly wouldn't mind an actual fighter/bomber for 2142.  Considering the AA capabilities in the game, it would be far more risky to fly around at your leisure looking for juicy target.  Plus I'd hunt the bastard down with my SAAW 86 if he actually managed to bomb me.  *grins* you're mine now, jet whore!
greensprite
awsm
+13|6168|Germany
nothing because i never played 2142
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6444
I'm in line with the O.P. but more so in that in BF2 everyone was informed of your award. So the guy you just killed to get that award knew it was him that allowed you to get it. I remember one time a guy said "Congratulations ... Noob!" when he saw he got GOT and I was awarded due to it.
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
My L96 and AK-101
CC-Marley
+407|6830
A good gaming experience. That is why I stopped playing 2142.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2007-08-08 13:58:40)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6747|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Sniping.... It was just more enjoyable with BF2 and Jets!
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

I know it's kind of silly but I miss dram roll when you get awards or promotions. What about you?
yea the good old drum roll when you rank up
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA

ZCaliber wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I find straight down shooting rather useful actually... Something Helos couldn't do. But it isn't that the 'Helos' are worse, it's just the vehicles they're up against have better protection. ;P RGMs may not outright kill in 1 hit, but they still set any vehicle down to flaming and destroy aircraft in 1 hit. (Plus they can destroy commander assets... Something I don't think BF2 Helos could do.)
Agreed.  The "helis" arent worse, their more balanced and you need some teamwork to use them, you cna no longer hop into a gunship and get 150+ points whoring the hell out of it.  I personally love it, and you can do all sorts of fancy manuvuers in it if you know how.  A barrel roll is pushing it, but I dont believe modern Helicopters really perform barrel rolls either, I doubt its a valid combat technique

As for missing, I miss the bombers, sure they were cheap, and wouldnt really fit in 2142 but Id still like to have one for killing those walkers.  Also missing are diversity in the maps, as much as I love the game, the maps are either vehicles orinfantry, no really combos, like Ghost Town or Karkand(with vehicles).  Map either favors one or the other, not a balance of both.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-08-08 15:26:47)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
For all of you who misses Karkand from BF2 here is a video from Youtube

Sorry for being to long

I'm in this tournament, and we got Karkand and Wake island as they where made fro BF2.

Last edited by l=l-Oneill-l=l (2007-08-08 23:44:55)

AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6549|inside your nose.
omg i want to download that map!! lol
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I only played the demo and i hated it! Especially the Heli/Engy relationship. It takes so long to take down a vehicle.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

AirForceOne1 wrote:

omg i want to download that map!! lol
Go to this site http://www.conflict2142.com/ and download their mod. This is tournament and a lot of people are playing it. Not like you be doing it solo.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6222|cs_connecticut‬‭

Cursed You wrote:

My L96 and AK-101

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard