- Upgrading the webserver software
- Installing and using Memcache to speed up the site
- more as it gets done...
- Ahem...

Code:

ranks:
pid      score skill accuracy kills deaths suicides
43917103 21303 0     146000   25841 46731  24068
- and with that drool factor complete, you'll now have to wait for dec 26th for anything more as I have shopping and celebrating to do

- Updated home page to feature Wiki and IRC channel.
- Initial programming for browsing rankings set up (not public yet...)

- Upgraded to MySQL 5 (reason being that I hoped to get some bad queries to perform better -- seems it's not mysql4, but something else.)
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6812|Belgium

Respect...

- more as it gets done
R
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra
i have noticed the site will load right away instead of the 2-3 second laoding time it had last week.
keep it going...
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6729

the_heart_attack wrote:

i have noticed the site will load right away instead of the 2-3 second laoding time it had last week.
keep it going...
Right on, same here. its faster.
Keep up the good work and take ur time man. Gotta have a life.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

keep it going...
Right on, same here. its faster.
Keep up the good work and take ur time man. Gotta have a life.
Same for me as well. Agreed. Take it easy, have a Merry Christmas man.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Random Curiosity: How often do you backup chuyskywalker?
Er, well, never?

I mean, I have all the database schemes and shit on my home machine, as well as all the source -- so if shit really hit the fan, I could just start the system over and everyone would be back in the queue. I'd lose tracking data, which would be sad, but not the end of the world.

I supposed I should automated it since my server has a 120 gb backup drive
kmkz
+7|6700
I presume your hosting company has some sort of raid configuration or other backup setup, correct?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

I have a backup 120gb (system drives are dual 36gb scsi's) and I have a NAS backup that I have yet to use.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6726|cairns australia
on fire no long wait for stat retrieval either well done
midgetspy
+3|6820
Backing up to the other drive is as simple as a cron job of a bash script that mounts it, rsyncs to it, and unmounts it :0)

Nic
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
Chuy, any info on the ranking system calculations?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Rakasan wrote:

Chuy, any info on the ranking system calculations?
There will be disclosure once I implement them. Preview:

Some of it will be pretty simple and lot like what EA is doing, e.g. just "who has the most kills/deaths/whatever".

Some of them will be different -- for example, a "Sniper Ranking" which would factor in the sniper kit time, your accuracy with it (and overall), sniper rifle kills (kdr maybe), and claymore kills. All rolled into a weighted value to establish a little bit more accurate stance of your performance as sniper. This number would then be used to rank you against the other 550,000 people in my database and hopefully pull out the best snipers.
ReconSOC
+0|6760
Chuy -

Do you have data on W:L ratio while playing a certain kit?  It would be nice to factor that in as well, granted your team has a lot to do with W:L, however someone with a consistantly good W:L ratio is obviously helping their team win on a consistant basis.  Something to think about.

Also, Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals should be a large factor.  Getting Gold as a sniper is pretty impressive.

Last edited by ReconSOC (2005-12-24 10:50:19)

tF-afrojap
+124|6839|SF
Medals are deceptive because you can be sniper and still fly a plane the whole round. W/L could be interesting but I'm pretty sure they don't track that. Anyway, nice update dude.
ReconSOC
+0|6760
Very true - but vehicles are a huge part of BF.
kmkz
+7|6700
yeah but saying that a guy with 500 gold medals as a sniper is better than someone with no gold medals isn't necessarily true. the guy with the medals could have been raping with the ah1z and still get credit for being a sniper
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Good, correct points. Also, I only get overall wins/losses -- not by class. I get them by map which will come into play for determining map rankings, but that's about it.
ReconSOC
+0|6760
Ahh that's too bad.  In any case, for overall ranking I think that WL should be a factor.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812
Will infantry skills be determained using the primary weapon? For example, if a sniper has 5,000 kills, but only 300 with sniper rifles, then you can assume that less skill was involved when using grenades/claymores/vehicals for the other kills. While this may be a little innacurate when certain kits use the same primary (assault/medic), you could largely determain infantry skills this way by subtracting other weapons from primary.

Personally I don't think vehical stats should be 'integreated' with the rankings for a class like it is already, but rather, make it seperate. Although some skill is required and justifies the kills, like a good jet pilot, it shouldn't be, again, directly integrated with say, infantry skills or whatever.
kmkz
+7|6700
I don't think he can see stats for each individual weapon, it's just the way EA coded the statistics tracking in the first place

Last edited by kmkz (2005-12-26 08:16:56)

-[SB01]-BONESDEM
+0|6739
hey you have the sf ribbon ranking wrong its not 5hrs play in each kit to get ribbons i think its 50 hrs .
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812

kmkz wrote:

I don't think he can see stats for each individual weapon, it's just the way EA coded the statistics tracking in the first place
Uh.. there are stats for every weapon in the game dude. I'm just going to assume you misunderstood what I meant, even though I find it hard to belive you could.
kmkz
+7|6700
When I say every weapon, I mean each individual primary weapon, like AK-47 vs. AK-101 vs. M16. For the EA tracker it's all under the category of "Assault Rifles". Don't believe me? Check. Go to /Battlefield 2/python/bf2/stats/stats.py. If you know any python whatsoever you'll be able to look at that and see very clearly that they aggregate stats by KIT, VEHICLE, and WEAPON CATEGORY. Therefore, there are no "primary weapon stats". Since BF2s is based on EA the same holds true from this site.

As I look back to your original post, I was indeed off the mark. You were talking about sniper rifles vs. claymores vs. pistols. I just saw "primary weapon" and thought you meant each sniper rifle individually. In the case of a sniper what I originally said makes no sense, but if you were talking about the engineer kit, for example, it would be impossible to see what shotgun kills were attributed to the engineer because the DAO-12 (AT kit) also counts as a shotty. Therefore, you could not determine how the x number of shotgun kills were distributed amongst the various shotgun weapons.

Anyway sorry for the confusion
wonkey20
+18|6701
Site looks good nice job
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6830|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I woke up to a brandnew BF2S Homepage!

Good job again, Chuy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard