RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6477|Somewhere else

My girlfriend thinks gaming is an incredible waste of time.  I tried to explain to her the fun factor of gaming and how its not JUST playing video games, its about doing something that is alot of fun.

I asked her about life in general.  Isn't life about having fun, no matter what it is?  We  got into this debate about doing things that make you happy.  My point was that even though there are more memorable ways to spend spare time, gaming was just one thing ALOT of people do to have fun.  Plus, it doesnt cost money (time wise).

Anyway we were talking about things we both like to do, and I have tried, just for the hell of it, to get her to try BF2.  When I asked her, she had a look on her face like I just asked her to eat my shit.

So, anyway, Who here has a girlfriend/Wife/whatever that they game with?
ddknight31
+12|6649
My woman thinks that when I play BF2 it's to escape her. Not that I need some venting frustration.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6477|Somewhere else

ddknight31 wrote:

My woman thinks that when I play BF2 it's to escape her. Not that I need some venting frustration.
its kinda the same for me too.  I just want some of my own time, nothing against her.
Mr.Dude2
+13|6321| Bay Area Calif. USA
Sounds like you need a new girlfriend...whats her number?   
k.one
+22|6192|Finland
when my gf comes to my house i stop playing because i know then i get better things to do than playing bf2
keyoshi
+28|6417
My parents think it's a waste of time.......

My neighbor though, him and his wife play WoW together. He's tryin to get her into Forza lol.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6477|Somewhere else

k.one wrote:

when my gf comes to my house i stop playing because i know then i get better things to do than playing bf2
true. But we live together.  There are times when Life is more important, but when there's nothing else to do, leave me and BF2 alone dammit!
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6388|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ddknight31 wrote:

its kinda the same for me too.  I just want some of my own time, nothing against her.
lol i was reading you sig thinking it was your post i was like wtf has this got to do with bf2.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6656|WPB, FL. USA
"Girlfriends and BF2"

No such thing - game over - end of story - in your dreamz - THREAD CLOSE !!!!       
Simon
basically
+838|6655|UK

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ddknight31 wrote:

its kinda the same for me too.  I just want some of my owning time, nothing against her.
Fixed.
Smithereener
+138|6313|California
Although there are undoubtedly some females BF2ers/FPSers, if the title said "Girlfriends and Computer Games," it'd probably be more likely. I know a few girls that play PC games, but none that play any FPS. Mostly games like, Sims/MMOs/etc. I've probably only known one girl IRL that played CS or another FPS.
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
+8|6154|Somplace or Other
Having never had to experience this, I suggest you go for a compromise: She tries BF2, and you try something else she wants you to try.
Taten
+4|6206|Good Old Blitey
my wife reckons we are all a sad lot lol but what do women know?
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6265|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Personally, I play games when I'm bored.
When I have a girlfriend, I'm not bored, so I don't play many games, except when they're away or really busy.
With my last girlfriend of 3 years, I knew the relationship was going downhill, when I used to slope off to play Rome: Total War instead of spending time with her.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
Get her to play hello kitty island adventure.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RoosterCantrell
+399|6477|Somewhere else

Smithereener wrote:

Although there are undoubtedly some females BF2ers/FPSers, if the title said "Girlfriends and Computer Games," it'd probably be more likely. I know a few girls that play PC games, but none that play any FPS. Mostly games like, Sims/MMOs/etc. I've probably only known one girl IRL that played CS or another FPS.
Yeah very true.  She loves tetris. big surprise.   I have gotten her to play Mortal Kombat 2 and Super baseball Simulator 1000.  But she just doesn't get why I have BF2 SO much

KamakaziSparow wrote:

Having never had to experience this, I suggest you go for a compromise: She tries BF2, and you try something else she wants you to try.
She won't try it, but yeah, we are pretty different people. There is alot of "try this, and I'll try that"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Get her to play hello kitty island adventure.
rolf
(roll on le floor)
15 more years! 15 more years!
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
+8|6154|Somplace or Other
Well, if my first plan doesn't work, just show her some of cdogmn's stuff and say you BF2 to defeat noobs like him...
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Girls + Games = Bad Mix

There's nothing you can do about it. Unless your name is Kimmy
RECONDO67
+60|6634|miami FL
my wife reads and I play BF2 so we don't bother each other  we each get our alone time and then we get together for some heavy maintenance and then life goes on.(oh and the kids too) I forgot about them, but their in training. they like to help their old daddy shoot and kill some MEC.
icecold2510
+31|6291
I don't play BF2 anymore. The only games I play are Guitar Hero II and Need for Speed: Carbon, both with my girlfriend. So it's all good.

Who knows, she might like BF2 since she likes seeing people get capped and shot on tv lol.

Last edited by icecold2510 (2007-08-05 10:29:36)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

Rooster, maybe you shouldn't play BF2 SO much.
I mean, she does have a point. I couldn't play BF2 for 1221 hours on one account ( do you have more? ). I think I see where she is coming from. If you just played it from time to time to have fun maybe she would understand a bit more.
I don't think I have ever played a game for more than 450 hours.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

For me it's a waste of time now, cause I find it so damn BORING. 1,000 hours of the same game starts to take a toll on you.

It'd be real epic if I had a PS2, two GH controllers, and all the guitar hero games... but I don't have the cash for that.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6294|Bloomington Indiana
my girlfriend and i do not live together and we both work full time, but our work schedules are opposites...i go to work at 11am and get home at 7:30pm...she goes in at 5pm and gets off at like...1-2am...

this leaves plenty of time for me to play this game and not have to worry about her claiming that i'm avoiding her.  we both have tuesdays weekends off...so we reserve those as together time

we play mario kart 64 together sometimes...cause its classy
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6655|California
My girl recently beat Super Paper Mario for the Wii.

And she plays Animal Crossing on the DS as much as I play BF2...

When the Original Resident Evil came out for playstation, she figured out how to play it before I did.

We've been gaming together since 1991....

But she has never tried BF2....  Thank God.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard