spuddy1981
+10|6364|england
Bump into some 1 and get killed.

And tips for those suprise 1 on 1's or is it all down to reflexes?
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303

spuddy1981 wrote:

Bump into some 1 and get killed.

And tips for those suprise 1 on 1's or is it all down to reflexes?
UAV

Watch it
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

Reflexes. Unless you have a Pump-Shotgun.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6591|California U.S.A

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Reflexes. Unless you have a Pump-Shotgun.
QFT!

Nothing says "None shall pass!" quite like a pump shotgun.

It's my fav bunny hopping repellent too.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
head-butts can be fatal
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6144
Watch the UAV & spotted -- you should be able to tell exactly which corner they're around if this information is available.  If the minimap is unclear, zoom it as much as possible, but don't get caught staring at it too much.  If the dude is too close, then just watch the corner instead. 

Pre-aim where they will be arriving so that you don't have to adjust or react as much.  You generally want to be turning that corner while strafing your aim onto where you think their chest will be (i.e. aim at chest height and then let your strafe move your aim to the player rather than having to alter your aim using the mouse too much).  If you pre-aim, then your job is largely done and you can fire faster.  Don't do this unless you're sure that you've got a bit of breathing space, though (as your enemy may turn the corner sooner than you expect and your aim will be nowhere near him).

Prime yourself to fire the moment you turn that corner.  If you're the one engaging them (you come around the corner and fire) then you're the one that's in control and who has most of the cards.  If you have the choice of meeting them on even terms (both out in the open or both come around a corner at the same time) or on your terms (you turn the corner and get the jump on them), choose the latter nearly every time.  You're instigating, they're reacting.  Even better is the fact that, if you're near the corner, you can easily use it to your advantage.  E.g. if I turn a corner and shoot at a guy but fail to kill him with my first burst of fire, he'll often go prone and shoot back.  However, by the time he has reacted, I've already pulled back around the corner and avoided (most of) his bullets.  He's now prone on the deck and totally screwed.  If he gets up, he can't shoot for a small delay.  If he doesn't get up, then you know where he is and can finish him off by pre-aiming and stafing your aim onto him again.

Don't sprint around the corner.  Sprinting = you can't strafe (see 2) and it also stops you firing until you stop.
When you see them and start firing, crouch and/or prone if they're close to you.

If it's a shock encounter for both of you (neither knew the other was there, both turning the same corner and meeting face to face) then reactions & aim speed will be the deciding factor.  I don't think there's much you can do to improve this other than practice & pray   In general, you can choose your battles and win more through better tactics.  I'm always watching the UAV and using the commo rose to spot areas (e.g. on Karkand do a 'spotted' on an alley that the enemy usually camps and, if there's someone there, they will often show up even though you can't physically see them).  In short, pre-aiming and playing smarter is the order of the day.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2007-08-04 01:05:44)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6559|Brisbane, Aus

DAO-12 spray round the corner helps.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Watch the UAV & spotted -- you should be able to tell exactly which corner they're around if this information is available.  If the minimap is unclear, zoom it as much as possible, but don't get caught staring at it too much.  If the dude is too close, then just watch the corner instead. 

Pre-aim where they will be arriving so that you don't have to adjust or react as much.  You generally want to be turning that corner while strafing your aim onto where you think their chest will be (i.e. aim at chest height and then let your strafe move your aim to the player rather than having to alter your aim using the mouse too much).  If you pre-aim, then your job is largely done and you can fire faster.  Don't do this unless you're sure that you've got a bit of breathing space, though (as your enemy may turn the corner sooner than you expect and your aim will be nowhere near him).

Prime yourself to fire the moment you turn that corner.  If you're the one engaging them (you come around the corner and fire) then you're the one that's in control and who has most of the cards.  If you have the choice of meeting them on even terms (both out in the open or both come around a corner at the same time) or on your terms (you turn the corner and get the jump on them), choose the latter nearly every time.  You're instigating, they're reacting.  Even better is the fact that, if you're near the corner, you can easily use it to your advantage.  E.g. if I turn a corner and shoot at a guy but fail to kill him with my first burst of fire, he'll often go prone and shoot back.  However, by the time he has reacted, I've already pulled back around the corner and avoided (most of) his bullets.  He's now prone on the deck and totally screwed.  If he gets up, he can't shoot for a small delay.  If he doesn't get up, then you know where he is and can finish him off by pre-aiming and stafing your aim onto him again.

Don't sprint around the corner.  Sprinting = you can't strafe (see 2) and it also stops you firing until you stop.
When you see them and start firing, crouch and/or prone if they're close to you.

If it's a shock encounter for both of you (neither knew the other was there, both turning the same corner and meeting face to face) then reactions & aim speed will be the deciding factor.  I don't think there's much you can do to improve this other than practice & pray   In general, you can choose your battles and win more through better tactics.  I'm always watching the UAV and using the commo rose to spot areas (e.g. on Karkand do a 'spotted' on an alley that the enemy usually camps and, if there's someone there, they will often show up even though you can't physically see them).  In short, pre-aiming and playing smarter is the order of the day.
Wow, good work!

Nice change to some of the stupider answers! +1 for the effort.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
TheGiantSE
+14|6473|Sweden
Use the shadows!!!

It's nice when you can see that there are people standing around the corner.
Many turn that of for better game play but I like to have them and the game look nicer.
Good graphic card and shadows look nice, bad card and it's just black...

And as others have said, reflexes, uav and always assume that there are enemies around the corner.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

TheGiantSE wrote:

Use the shadows!!!

It's nice when you can see that there are people standing around the corner.
Many turn that of for better game play but I like to have them and the game look nicer.
Good graphic card and shadows look nice, bad card and it's just black...

And as others have said, reflexes, uav and always assume that there are enemies around the corner.
Indeed, while some may think shadows don't help you, I find they make it alot easier, looks better, and I can't count how many times I've seen a Attack helis shadow, and ran like fuck for cover..
Narcoleper
+1|6140
Make sue you have a medic behind you

oh and check uav + work in squad
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6491|Kamloops, BC Canada
If they prone. Jump over them. Then shoot them in the back of the head.
Agradhan
+26|6281|Sweden
Teleport around the corners. Press alt+F4 to enable teleport mode.

Last edited by Agradhan (2007-08-04 01:43:40)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6305|The | Netherlands
I don't run arround the corner, I jump/hop arround the corner.
lostfx
+16|6577|Georgia

Agradhan wrote:

ot, but why the hell do people still find the need to try and get people to exit their games? /rant
Mennechet
+1|6160|In front of my PC...

Agradhan wrote:

Brilliant Einstein, gotta win a nobel prize for this one
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
There's plenty of useful tips for this type of situation, but you mostly need to rely on luck. You need to be lucky enough that BF2 decides it'll let the hitboxes work for once, and pray that the person running around the corner doesn't have a pump shotgun.

Or spam grenades like LORD#OF#WEED used to...
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
personally i throw a grenade around corner... then they either have to run back. or run into ur bullets
either way their stuffed
blacklupus
+13|6692
Walk around the corner, kill the enemies, walk back or proceed. Not that bad.

Arnie summed it up well.

Work hard on your aim.
Pronespam.
Play medic.
Don't use unlocks at all.
Lower your graphics to low/off exept AA.
Shut down all running applications not needed.

Have fun.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

If they prone. Jump over them. Then shoot them in the back of the head.
Nah, just side strafing them usually works, I do it all the time with prone spamming support guys.
MR_snus
+21|6623
blindspotting. you might get lucky...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard