DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

What sort of world do we live in? People are crying about two disease carrying vermin being killed.

WAKE UP SWEET HEART, IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY
There are plenty of HUMANE ways to deal with mice.
IMO a snap of the spine of a mouse is a swift procedure, in which little to no cruelty is involved. Rat poison on the other hand, that's cruel.

And about the thread: Not embedded, the OP warned in advance.
I need around tree fiddy.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

What sort of world do we live in? People are crying about two disease carrying vermin being killed.

How is it not 'humane'? Its not like poison where they die slowly. Its not like getting eaten alive by a cat. There neck gets broken quickly and before it knows it, its dead. You're getting far too worked up over something like this.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

DonFck wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

IMO a snap of the spine of a mouse is a swift procedure, in which little to no cruelty is involved. Rat poison on the other hand, that's cruel.

What does it matter whether it's embedded or not? - with a link you don't have to click the link, with an embed you don't have to click play. And the other thread that I mentioned warned about the nature of the content of the video, but it got a completely different treatment.

The only difference I can see here is that it's mice, which people dislike. Where as the other was dogs and raccoons (which, btw, are vermin too) which people like.

I actually personally don't mind the video - I'm not a screaming PETA loon - I just think that either all videos showing animal cruelty should be allowed (with appropriate warnings) or none of them should be.

This is more about the consistency of moderation on these forums than the cruelty itself.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6423|Norway

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

If there's any consistency in the moderation of these forums that video should be removed.
why?
Because it shows cruelty to animals.
how is this cruelty? they die fast,painlessly and without a warning...i don't see the cruelty!
if they were strangled to death or even skinned alive then i would see the cruelty,but saying this is not human and that its cruelty to animals is BS IMO.

The fact that you (in a general sence) get offended by it is a whole other story,its not pleasant to watch a life fade away in any shape,but i don't think there are more humane ways to kill an animal then by breaking its neck in a millisecond...!

just my two cents

Last edited by Sinn_Ah_Taggh (2007-08-04 07:04:28)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

The fact that you get offended...
See my post above yours. I'm not offended.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6423|Norway
sorry,i wasnt refering to you derectly,i was thinking if someone would get offendet by the content...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

sorry,i wasnt refering to you derectly,i was thinking if someone would get offendet by the content...
K, cool.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
"The death of two mice is a tragedy, the death of a million is a statistic" - Bob, the exterminator that came round to my work place the other day
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6398
That's sad  

I remember a friend of mine giving mice to his snake.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6222|cs_connecticut‬‭
That made me sad..
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

What does it matter whether it's embedded or not? - with a link you don't have to click the link, with an embed you don't have to click play. And the other thread that I mentioned warned about the nature of the content of the video, but it got a completely different treatment.

The only difference I can see here is that it's mice, which people dislike. Where as the other was dogs and raccoons (which, btw, are vermin too) which people like.

I actually personally don't mind the video - I'm not a screaming PETA loon - I just think that either all videos showing animal cruelty should be allowed (with appropriate warnings) or none of them should be.

This is more about the consistency of moderation on these forums than the cruelty itself.
Theres a difference in showing the process from cow to steak and in killing 2 mice with a deathtrap.Therefore we can't show all the animal cruelty's.  ffs, it are only mice.

Last edited by RDMC (2007-08-04 07:21:53)

FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6414|Belgium

RDMC wrote:

Theres a difference in showing the process from cow to steak and in killing 2 mice with a deathtrap.Therefore we can't show all the animal cruelty's.  ffs, it are only mice.
Prepare to have a horde of angry PETA people camping and protesting in front of your door
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6365

LightBred wrote:

stat padders
Team Killing and banned from the server....LOL
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Prepare to have a horde of angry PETA people camping and protesting in front of your door
Let em come.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
Rofl Pwned
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

If there's any consistency in the moderation of these forums that video should be removed.
why?
Because it shows cruelty to animals.
ROFL. You fail at life.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)

Ganko_06 wrote:

Haha.  That made my day.
L O L !!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard