RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6449|California
So i got one of those pre-paid credit cards at Walgreens a couple of days ago and tried to activate it. So i have to call in and have one of my parent's say i can use it and approve the activation. I call in and one of the pre-recorded messages comes up where you have to press different numbers to navigate through it. So I enter the activation number when it asks for it and it says that I entered it wrong so I enter it again and then says please wait while we access your information (I already entered my info online, but after that it said a parent had to call in to activate), then it says you must send a fax of either your electricity bill, cable bill, proof of residence, or some other bills I don't remember. I"m then thinking wtf, I got this pre-paid credit card so I could buy stuff online and not have to go through the hassle of getting an actual credit card. So I try to call-in to the customer service number and another one of those pre-recorded messages comes up where you have to navigate with the numbers. When I get to the part that i need to go, some stupid recorded message comes up telling me how great the pre-paid credit card is. I never get to talk to a real person at all and their website isn't helping. What should i do? I'm going to call-in a couple more times today to see if I can get a real person to talk to me.

BTW i don't ahve a fax machine...

Last edited by RandomSchl (2007-08-03 14:58:19)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Just get your dad to get over there, to their office with the card and a shotgun. It will work.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6696|Devon, England
Go through the options picking the ones that you feel will lead you to talk to someone, then when you get through, so what your problem is and get them to re-direct you
Ryan
+1,230|6848|Alberta, Canada

You should start lipping off the voice recording
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6557|Scotland
Press 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 and it will put you through to someone.
KVNY
+25|6661|SoCal
Get your parents to help you open a checking account at the bank.  Debit card FTW.
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6518|Kickapoo
Your first mistake was telling them you were under 18 or 21 or whatever age you need to be.  Anonymity  is a wonderful thing.
aLeX
.?
+160|6336|:D

KVNY wrote:

Get your parents to help you open a checking account at the bank.  Debit card FTW.

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

Your first mistake was telling them you were under 18 or 21 or whatever age you need to be.  Anonymity is a wonderful thing.
Both these people speak words of truth.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6449|California

White-Fusion wrote:

Press 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 and it will put you through to someone.
holy crap that worked, thx.

So i did that and i got to talk to someone and asked what faxing in documents was all about, and I found out that its just to get a personalized card and the non-personalizd one will come in the mail in seven days, so its all good. Thx for all the help guys.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6582|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

KVNY wrote:

Sadly not all of the Debit Card can be used to buy online. For an example i could only buy things on the internet beeing in the Canada with my Debit Card....As long as i know America dont use Interac :S

For some of you debit card can be good...for some of us, we are still doomed in the "No-Cards Lands"
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6449|California

Roger Lesboules wrote:

KVNY wrote:

Sadly not all of the Debit Card can be used to buy online. For an example i could only buy things on the internet beeing in the Canada with my Debit Card....As long as i know America dont use Interac :S

For some of you debit card can be good...for some of us, we are still doomed in the "No-Cards Lands"
yea also my mom doesn't think I need to upgrade my savings account at the bank to a checking account.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard