What Case?

Lian-Li PC V100011%11% - 5
Silverstone TJ07S-W37%37% - 17
Antec P182 (Mirror Finish)51%51% - 23
Total: 45
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
Many of you know me as JaM3z and i am loved and lothed by all my small blue friends, im not here to act like a dick but i actually want some advice...

Ok so i am just about to buy a new case, i already have water cooling, all the necessary water blocks and well pretty much everything.  After my G5 broke just as it went out of warrenty and my saitek eclipse II just stopped working it is naturally the time to do a bit of e-shopping, im already buying the G15 and the G5 so i dont need those but after my case has been abused, stained, dented and missing a side panel i need a new one.

ive narrowed down the choices to:

Lian-Li PC V1000

Silverstone TJ07S-W

Antec P182 (Mirror Finish)

I am open to other sugestions for cases BUT i do not want a coolmaster stacker (they are fare to common) and i do not want a Antec P190 i was going to get one but i just decided yesterday it looks ugly.

I have about £250 GBP to spend on a case and i just want something that looks good, looks original (if it has a side window some decent cable managment system)

If any of you have one of these cases can you give me any pro's and cons about them.

Thanks.

EDIT:  There must be space to mount a 120mmx240mm (dual 120mm fan) water cooling radiator.

Last edited by rubber.sex (2007-08-03 09:43:43)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

The Silverstone one is very nice, so is the Antec one.

Why not just get just get a P180 for a fraction of the price of the P182? Only £60 on ebuyer, compared to £140 for the P182 on Overclockers - that's a much better buy than any of the other options.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Or get the P182, but the black version, that doesn't charge you an extra 60 quid for some shiny paint you'll get tired of in minutes.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6500
There all ugly.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Or get the P182, but the black version, that doesn't charge you an extra 60 quid for some shiny paint you'll get tired of in minutes.
And will get covered in beautiful fingerprint smudges.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

Doggehspike wrote:

There all ugly.
They're not all ugly. Only the Lian Li one is.
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6487|Kentucky
did u look at an atec nine hundred case? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … tec%2bnine
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
because i like the mirror finish to be honest, thats the only thing doing it for me with that case.

Also i would rather order from overclockers (there shipping is excelant)

And i get free shipping with scan.

I dont like ebuyers service so i would rather pay more money to get it from somewhere esle.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

Bertster7 wrote:

Doggehspike wrote:

There all ugly.
Yeah Doggeh, YOU FUCKING RETARD!

IT'S THEY ARE, NOT THERE OR THIER OMFG!

Anyway just get this one james: http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/sextoypccasemod.jpg
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK

SexyCabbage wrote:

did u look at an atec nine hundred case? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … tec%2bnine
yeah i looked at it, and i know alot of people here have it but i just think it looks cheap, no offence but i really really do not like that case.

Dauntless wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Doggehspike wrote:

There all ugly.
Yeah Doggeh, YOU FUCKING RETARD!

IT'S THEY ARE, NOT THERE OR THIER OMFG!

Anyway just get this one james: http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/sextoypccasemod.jpg
now i would totaly buy that.

Last edited by rubber.sex (2007-08-03 09:33:32)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6746|Toronto | Canada

They're all really ugly - I like my Antec 900 far more than any of those cases...

But if I have to choose from those it would be the P182
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
for those of you that are interested this is my current case.

https://www.foramax.hu/images/Raidmax%20Ninja%20fekete.jpg
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6309
Lian Li.

They make beautiful cases.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6746|Toronto | Canada

rubber.sex wrote:

http://www.foramax.hu/images/Raidmax%20 … fekete.jpg
Nice... get another one of those!
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6487|Kentucky
The antec nine hundred isnt cheap at all. with just the stock 120mm fans and the 200mm it has an excellent airflow and it kept mu CPU at 25 with the stock CPU cooler. it isnt flimsy at all, majority of it is steel. and very customizable

Last edited by SexyCabbage (2007-08-03 09:40:51)

rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK

Winston_Churchill wrote:

rubber.sex wrote:

http://www.foramax.hu/images/Raidmax%20 … fekete.jpg
Nice... get another one of those!
no its looks tacky and i have got so sick of just looking at it, when my new case arrives i am going to burn this one.

Its missing a side panel, made out of 0.5mm thick aluminium and just looks crap.

SexyCabbage wrote:

The antec nine hundred isnt cheap at all. with just the stock 120mm fans and the 200mm it has an excellent airflow and it kept mu CPU at 25 with the stock CPU cooler. it isnt flimsy at all, majority of it is steel. and very customizable
i still dont like the look of it, think of it as buying a new car.

Last edited by rubber.sex (2007-08-03 09:47:12)

rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
just a reminder, the case must have space to mount a dual 120mm fan water cooling radiator.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6534|Milkystania, yurop

rubber.sex wrote:

all my small blue friends, im here to act like a dick[/b]
Mission accomplished jk

but what blue friends?

And get that case with all of the lights
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Hi Jam3z,

I'm not sure if you are going to fit a 120x240mm dual fan radiator in the P182. I have seen mods to do it and I can link you to pages where necessary, but I hope you are okay with drilling through your P182 Other than that, I'd also recommend a Lian Li (something like this perhaps).

Not sure how you keep you are on LEDs / windows etc.
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
i have no problem with drilling holes in the case, i have a dremal handy and all the cutting jigs i need.

A case would be nice since i already have:

5x 120mm UV fans

2x 80mm UV fans

1x 92mm UV fan

2x 1ft long UV cold cathods

UV Purple watercooling and green neon string to wrap around the watercooling cables.

So having a side window is fine with me infact i think i would rather prefere it so i can show off the leet hardware.

i dont like that Lian Li though, however i do like the V2000 but i cannot find anywhere that stocks it in the UK
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Actually, a unit like this might be to your liking:

Thermaltake Mozart TX

It can handle your water cooling, and you could also get the LCD screen for £70 (the touchscreen that builds into the screen)
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK
lol hell no, that thing is huge its a server case and you can fit 2 pc's in it.

i dont think i need one of those lol.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland

rubber.sex wrote:

One PC + One mini ITX system it's a sexy case. I'm trying to get hold of one for the right price
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6398|fåking denmark

Doggehspike wrote:

There all ugly.
rubber.sex
Banned
+32|6119|London UK

leetkyle wrote:

rubber.sex wrote:

One PC + One mini ITX system it's a sexy case. I'm trying to get hold of one for the right price
it wouldnt fit under my desk and it looks like crap

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Doggehspike wrote:

There all ugly.
got a beter suggestion then eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard