Jodah3
+1|6760
I have not joined an original bf2 map since SF was released.  That alone shows my opinion of the two games
Reaper2325
+2|6745|New Hartford, New York
At first I hated SF because I was getting owned a lot. It forced me to improve my play and I have fun now. I may only get on average 10-15 kills IAR on SF, but now when I go back to BF2, I get almost double the kills. I just wish I had more time to play. The calibur of players on SF is pretty good.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6792|AUS, Canberra
im not a big fan og any of the new maps, plus i get constant "lost connection to server " messages so i dont bother with sf anymore,

but i did notice there wasnt as many wank stains on it.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6777|The Netherlands
I don't like SF either.
- it seems i can't find a good ping server.
- night maps make lag
- there is nothing wrong with the old maps
- the new are... well they just don't have that x-factor. the seem cheap and quickly made
- it's very bad weather ingame
- they add a grappling hook but now every building has a ladder.
- the whole package seems cheap quick money making.
- I can see better with out night vision than with.
- I get lost on the Iron gator.
- sometimes I find it very strange. you get killed quicker than you kill so it seems with some people.

so most of the time i play vanilla BF2. however more and more servers are sticking to karkand and sharqi. the other maps are really rare. especially songhua and OCS.
havn't seen them in weeks
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6727|Antarctica

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

It might be just me, but for some reason I am finding the players in SF to be much more mature and I rarely see a game botched up because of noobs and idiots. I'll be playing SF much more now.
Thats because all the chopper, armor, and jet wh0res who tk for vehicles are still in BF2(mostly )
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6786
i only like warlord now. i used to like ghost town, but the attack chopper madness is getting on my nerves. it would be a different story if the AA (and teamwork) was better. it seems that the expert heli pilots can just run rampant on this map and not many people try to deal with it. the grenade launcher abuse is very bad inside the palace on warlord, but i can always just whip out my g/l to even the playing field.

i still prefer to play karkand and mashtuur though.
Jodah3
+1|6760

fdcp_elmo wrote:

I don't like SF either.
- night maps make lag
- the new are... well they just don't have that x-factor. the seem cheap and quickly made
- sometimes I find it very strange. you get killed quicker than you kill so it seems with some people.

so most of the time i play vanilla BF2. however more and more servers are sticking to karkand and sharqi. the other maps are really rare. especially songhua and OCS.
- I have no lag issues in SF and I run a mediocre machine.  Most people that complain about lag are the ones who are either stubborn about their graphics or don't realize that the SF graphics engine is different than the original.  You have to drop your settings a notch to achieve the same FPS you do in the original game.  This is also the reason the game restarts if you change to an original map while playing SF.
- These are the hardest on your graphics engine.  Again, drop your settings lower or upgrade your computer.
- This is opinion, I can find countless things wrong with the old maps.
- Don't know what an x-factor is, but if you call the countless nooks and crannies in Ghost Town and Iron Gator cheaply made, then I'm not sure what will make you happy.
- Not sure what you mean by bad weather.
- The idea of the grappling hook is to let you access a roof from any side, not to allow you access to an area that only you can reach.  This is to avoid ladder camping and claymores.  The grappling hook is a godsend on maps like Ghost Town and Night Flight.
- Ah... the cheap money making whine.  This is tossed out by anybody who didn't get their own personal vision in SF.  I can think of dozens of responses to this one, but I'll just say this, it could be worse, there could be a monthly fee.  I spent $50 on dinner tonight, $30 isn't the end of the world.
- Lol, how is this the games fault?  Practice and get better and learn to cycle between the two vision types on different areas of the map.
- Again, how is this the games fault?  I was lost at first just like everyone else, but it only took me a few rounds to get the layout.  You can also load it up in single player and explore.
- Shoot people before they shoot you and you'll kill people quicker than they kill you.
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6720|İstanbul,Türkiye
Iron Gator really sucks i wonder in the carrier 3 rounds aimless. Warlord good for infantry bad for me coz i can only play with armors and helis(i suck as infantry). Ghost Town is new Kubra Dam for me with the sweet apache. Although i still find vanilla bf2 better.
Fahrenheit
+0|6800
i like it!
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6726|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Me too, the only complaint I have personally is the C4 whores in warlord on the tv station I think it is, they put c4 in the stairwell then blow it when they se anyone run through, teamates too.

But then again, I can throw a flashbang in on them, blind them, kill em, or teargas them.

I like how most of the maps are infantry though, but I still kinda like mashtuur city the most, I am just now getting into that map. I like the sniping
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6726|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
But if you want to have fun in sf, make a zipline that is almost like either straight down, or one that is almost parallel to the ground, it is so fun.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6724
I like SF. Iron Gator can be annoying but get over it! I found Karkand crap at first, but now I love it!
And as C4 whoring in Warlord. I've done it once, but only to get my veteran explosives ordanance badge. And it was soooooo worth it. Oooooo shiny.
XBoughtonX
+2|6844|North Texas
I know it's been metioned above, but I have found that with SF, you have to raise the level of play that you're used to playing... It seems like everything is faster, you get killed quicker. When you adapt your playing technique, you get better and stay alive longer. Even more so with a great squad. Then when you go back to BF2 you're still playing at that high level as in SF. Your skills have been increased without even knowing it and your kills and points double if not triple.

My squadmates and I played Wake a couple weeks ago. I usually do well enough to stay in the middle to upper part of the server. But we completely ruled the server that night. I took some screenshots & I wish I had them here to post. The top 5 spots on our side was my squad. No one below 120 points. No statpadding or cheating any kind. Our level of play was still set to the SF level.

I like the level of excitement and how fast a round can turn if you don't defend and act as a squad.

Last edited by XBoughtonX (2005-12-30 13:37:32)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6718|Germany
SF rocks because you don't have the annoying airforce!
SF rocks because there actually is teamwork...most of the time.

Getting raped on the carrier on Wake by the chinese airforce,doesn't that suck donkeyballs?
In SF you only get raped by the new attack choppers,but most of the time it's great infantry combat with a little tank support,ideal for repairing,resupplying or reviving.
If you wanna teamplay and love to be medic,supply or engineer you'll love the new maps.

Warlord for example is one of the best maps ever for playing medic or support,I got the Valorous Unit Ribbon + a Gold Star on it.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6742
The only SF map i like is ghost town. And that's the only map i can play because i get like 15-20 FPS on all other maps.

In normal bf2 i got 40-60...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

It might be just me, but for some reason I am finding the players in SF to be much more mature and I rarely see a game botched up because of noobs and idiots. I'll be playing SF much more now.
I agree 110% with this statement. I seem to see the VOIP and more teamwork is in play.
canadianmadcow1701
+0|6724

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

SF rocks because you don't have the annoying airforce!
SF rocks because there actually is teamwork...most of the time.

Getting raped on the carrier on Wake by the chinese airforce,doesn't that suck donkeyballs?
In SF you only get raped by the new attack choppers,but most of the time it's great infantry combat with a little tank support,ideal for repairing,resupplying or reviving.
If you wanna teamplay and love to be medic,supply or engineer you'll love the new maps.

Warlord for example is one of the best maps ever for playing medic or support,I got the Valorous Unit Ribbon + a Gold Star on it.
I agree with this.
Aquafina
+0|6674
People are more mature in BF2: SF because the kids and idiot teenagers dont have enough money, because they  wasted their money on BF2.
elite
+89|6736|Sheffield, England
i play bf2 and sf depending if i want to have a aircraft free game or want to use cobra and own, i like both.
}<enzai
+7|6595|UK

Jodah3 wrote:

fdcp_elmo wrote:

I don't like SF either.
- night maps make lag

- I have no lag issues in SF and I run a mediocre machine.  Most people that complain about lag are the ones who are either stubborn about their graphics or don't realize that the SF graphics engine is different than the original.  You have to drop your settings a notch to achieve the same FPS you do in the original game.  This is also the reason the game restarts if you change to an original map while playing SF.
- These are the hardest on your graphics engine.  Again, drop your settings lower or upgrade your computer.
- This is opinion, I can find countless things wrong with the old maps.
- Don't know what an x-factor is, but if you call the countless nooks and crannies in Ghost Town and Iron Gator cheaply made, then I'm not sure what will make you happy.
- Not sure what you mean by bad weather.
- The idea of the grappling hook is to let you access a roof from any side, not to allow you access to an area that only you can reach.  This is to avoid ladder camping and claymores.  The grappling hook is a godsend on maps like Ghost Town and Night Flight.
- Ah... the cheap money making whine.  This is tossed out by anybody who didn't get their own personal vision in SF.  I can think of dozens of responses to this one, but I'll just say this, it could be worse, there could be a monthly fee.  I spent $50 on dinner tonight, $30 isn't the end of the world.
- Lol, how is this the games fault?  Practice and get better and learn to cycle between the two vision types on different areas of the map.
- Again, how is this the games fault?  I was lost at first just like everyone else, but it only took me a few rounds to get the layout.  You can also load it up in single player and explore.
- Shoot people before they shoot you and you'll kill people quicker than they kill you.
Whoa well i was just going to ask is it worth getting SF, And i can see these opinions/factfiles,in my opinion it Seems pretty cool overall, so by the end of the week SF here i come
Thankyouu

Last edited by }<enzai (2006-05-03 09:43:52)

Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6667|Annapolis, MD
Although I find that the sparse SF servers are often laggy for me, the people are generally better, so my main stint I had playing it made me a lot better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard