Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA
I was just thinking about the two news helicopters that crashed in mid-flight, killing 4, that were covering a high-speed chase.  The driver of that chase will be charged with their deaths because we have laws here that say if you directly (run over someone), or indirectly (this), cause the death or injury of someone or their property during while running away from the police, you will be charged.

So I was then thinking about the 22 Korean hostages in Afganistan that are being held by terrorists trying to get prisoners released.

Now what if, follow me on this, what if the prisoners that these terrorists are trying to get released were charged with the deaths of the hostages?

Now of course the terrorists are directly responsible (killing the hostages), but the prisoners are indirectly responsible.

Is this right?  Would the terrorists just kill all the hostages as the prisoners get charged with the deaths?  If the prisoners were killed because of the deaths the terrorists did, would terrorists keep taking hostages to free their friends if they knew that killing the hostages would just kill their friends in jail?

Where am I wrong in my logic?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA
BTW, if you kowtow to the terrorists' demands then they will continue taking hostages in the future for whatever they want you to do (free prisoners, money, etc...).

The goal here is to stop all future hostage taking.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6251|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Seems like good logic to be honest, but on the other hand they are already in prison serving I presume lenghty sentences, why charge them with more, at the public expense? Nice OP tho.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-08-03 08:47:22)

David.P
Banned
+649|6272
Agree! It may give these dumb fucks something to think about it before decapitating them for Allah!
Zodiaccup
+42|6544
Clan liabilty is fortunatley outdated in most parts of this world.
mikkel
+383|6599
Making people responsible for other peoples' actions, regardless of knowledge or participation is really a road that you do not want to go down.

Charging the guy who ran from the police with the deaths of four people who were too busy trying to make money off of it to actually follow the regulations of flying, and stupidly crashed into eachother is completely ridiculous. The only ones to blame for that incident are the pilots. You don't charge a store with anything, let alone murder, if a driver crashes because they were looking at the store's billboard instead of watching the road.

That kind of stuff perverts justice, and should never be done. Even if it works to the benefit of bad people.

In any situation, the point of taking hostages and threatening to take their lives is a tactic that plays on the importance of the survival of the hostages to ones enemy. This would just invite these people to take and kill hostages with impunity until they got what they wanted.

Last edited by mikkel (2007-08-03 09:22:11)

Zodiaccup
+42|6544

mikkel wrote:

Making people responsible for other peoples' actions, regardless of knowledge or participation is really a road that you do not want to go down.

Charging the guy who ran from the police with the deaths of four people who were too busy trying to make money off of it to actually follow the regulations of flying, and stupidly crashed into eachother is completely ridiculous. The only ones to blame for that incident are the pilots. You don't charge a store with anything, let alone murder, if a driver crashes because they were looking at the store's billboard instead of watching the road.

That kind of stuff perverts justice, and should never be done. Even if it works to the benefit of bad people.
Exactly.

It's/was actually practiced in many dictatorships as in the former Iraq of Saddam and has nothing to do with justice, it's just disposal.
To bring this now as an idea to support the "war against terror" is blatantly ignorant and shows some lack of common sense imo.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Yeah and then you bitch when people blame Americans for our government's actions.

As Zodiaccup said, Clan liability is thankfully outdated.

These people (the Taliban) are trying to become politically legitimate.  They want people (outside governments) to acknowledge their existence as some sort of validity to their organization.
too_money2007
+145|6306|Keller, Tx
Not charged, killed to prove to those faggots that we don't take any shit.

"We want XX person released tonight, or this hostage looses his head!!!"

/military sends head of XX person to terrorist fucks via Fedex

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-08-03 10:31:05)

Dersmikner
+147|6496|Texas
I'm 110% against charging the fleeing perp with the deaths of the helicopter pilots. That's downright wrong. No two ways about it. If HE HIT THEM, he's responsible. He didn't force them to stalk him in an attempt to get a story. That's about the single biggest horseshit I've ever heard.

As far as the terrorists, the answer is maybe not legal, but perfectly clear: When terrorists take people hostage or kill people in an effort to get prisoners released, shoot the prisoners. Every single time. Every time. People will sooner or later quit taking hostages in hopes of a prisoner exchange. Of course, the vaginas in the world won't let it happen...
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria
I still don't quite like how the 2 guys are responsible for the deaths of the helicopter crew. That was in no way their fault.
mikkel
+383|6599

Dersmikner wrote:

I'm 110% against charging the fleeing perp with the deaths of the helicopter pilots. That's downright wrong. No two ways about it. If HE HIT THEM, he's responsible. He didn't force them to stalk him in an attempt to get a story. That's about the single biggest horseshit I've ever heard.

As far as the terrorists, the answer is maybe not legal, but perfectly clear: When terrorists take people hostage or kill people in an effort to get prisoners released, shoot the prisoners. Every single time. Every time. People will sooner or later quit taking hostages in hopes of a prisoner exchange. Of course, the vaginas in the world won't let it happen...
You mean those vaginas who ensure that you have a thick layer of laws protecting your rights? Post a reply to this if you're ever sent to jail, and I'll take a hostage and demand your release. I bet you'd be the pussy if push came to shove.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6540|Outer Space

too_money2007 wrote:

Terrorist fucks see one of their ideological opponents that they tried to kill and failed imprisoned. Terrorist fucks kidnap person, say to release said opponent.

/military sends head of said opponent to terrorist fucks via Fedex. Terrorist fucks thank military for killing their opponent that they failed to kill.

Foolproof method.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Wouldn't that mean that the prisoners are being kept hostage. Therefore, we would be playing the same game they are. Therefore, we're just as bad as them?

"If you kill your hostages....we'll kill ours!"

"If you fly planes into our buildings, by god, i'll fly one into yours!"

"You steal my lollypop, god damn it, i'm gonna take yours!"
too_money2007
+145|6306|Keller, Tx

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Terrorist fucks see one of their ideological opponents that they tried to kill and failed imprisoned. Terrorist fucks kidnap person, say to release said opponent.

/military sends head of said opponent to terrorist fucks via Fedex. Terrorist fucks thank military for killing their opponent that they failed to kill.

Foolproof method.
Meh, one less durka durka to deal with anyways.
mikkel
+383|6599

too_money2007 wrote:

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Foolproof method.
Grow up.
too_money2007
+145|6306|Keller, Tx

mikkel wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

Sorcerer0513 wrote:

Foolproof method.
Grow up.
https://www.onkeystudios.com/durka.jpg

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-08-03 12:20:05)

Dersmikner
+147|6496|Texas
I didn't think about the "take someone hostage and tell them you're trying to free your enemy so your enemy gets gassed" angle. Good call there...

Plan B.

When they take someone hostage you hunt the hostage takers down and kill them, irrespective of whether or not the hostages get gassed too...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Dersmikner wrote:

I didn't think about the "take someone hostage and tell them you're trying to free your enemy so your enemy gets gassed" angle. Good call there...

Plan B.

When they take someone hostage you hunt the hostage takers down and kill them, irrespective of whether or not the hostages get gassed too...
Russian style?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_the … age_crisis
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
Harmor, I know where you're coming from, but this is just an awful idea.

The pilots crashed due to their own recklessness, not the recklessness of the driver.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
That's a fucking stupid idea, as is the driver getting charged with the deaths of those in the helicopter.
agent146
+127|6385|Jesus Land aka Canada

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

Plan B.

Russian style?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_the … age_crisis
ya man ....russian style....was it VAlium gas? if so, baby, Spam that shit in the vents and then go in....
and when the terrorist are gassed. you shot em a 9mm to the throat and then come out and say 'omg he attacked me; i had to defend myself" ..........i sometimes wonder what kind of human being i am...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard