Poll

Is it Right to Sell Weapons to "Any" Country in the Middle East?

Yes, you need to keep the game balanced17%17% - 6
Yes, it's just a business26%26% - 9
Only to Israel8%8% - 3
No, coz it's morally wrong8%8% - 3
No, that way peace won't be achieved32%32% - 11
Other5%5% - 2
Total: 34
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
France and Libya sign arms deal.

Iran is selling weapons to Syria, the US is selling weapons to Saudi Arabia and Israel and France to Lybia.  What do you think?  Is this helping to curb violence in the ME?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-08-03 04:56:51)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
France is like Europe's version of America. Perhaps that's why they hate each other so much - because they're similar. France will, with a distinct lack of principles, stop at nothing to slimily, immorally and ruthlessly further its national interests at all costs, much like America. It's a stain on Europe. A French colleague of mine was approached by someone from the French embassy to 'provide them with information on the electricity industry that would give France a competitive edge' in exchange for favours/payment as we here in Ireland are at the forefront of wind generation technology and the integration of it onto transmission systems. That's the kind of underhandedness that goes on and that is akin to how the Brits and Americans do business.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Don't forget the UK selling loads of arms to Saudi Arabia.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY
And then there is Russia selling to Syria and Iran also.  It is a market that will buy weapons, and there will always be someone to do business with them.
herrr_smity
+156|6598|space command ur anus
its worse to sell weapons to african country's
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I would of thought most middle east countries have enough weapons by now.
jonsimon
+224|6465

jord wrote:

I would of thought most middle east countries have enough weapons by now.
Hardly, they wouldn't keep up with the billions we GIVE to Israel each year!
hanbbu
+1|6083
It's all right... coz it's business!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

hanbbu wrote:

It's all right... coz it's business!
Yep there's a killing to made in selling weapons.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6507|Chicago

herrr_smity wrote:

its worse to sell weapons to african country's
Racist!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

CameronPoe wrote:

France is like Europe's version of America. Perhaps that's why they hate each other so much - because they're similar. France will, with a distinct lack of principles, stop at nothing to slimily, immorally and ruthlessly further its national interests at all costs, much like America. It's a stain on Europe. A French colleague of mine was approached by someone from the French embassy to 'provide them with information on the electricity industry that would give France a competitive edge' in exchange for favours/payment as we here in Ireland are at the forefront of wind generation technology and the integration of it onto transmission systems. That's the kind of underhandedness that goes on and that is akin to how the Brits and Americans do business.
Be fair: at least Americans are willing to send their own in to do their dirty work.
jonsimon
+224|6465

CameronPoe wrote:

...as we here in Ireland are at the forefront of wind generation technology and the integration of it onto transmission systems.
Not to mention that infinite energy you blokes have invented with your perpetual motion machine over at steorn.
IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California
OTHER:  Depends on what type of weapons.  Small arms, yes.  Aegis destroyers, f16's, uavs, tanks/personnel carriers, DU rounds, etc, hell no.  It's sad that we sell as much as we do because it shows we have nothing else better to provide the world thus becoming enslaved to it.  Also, after seeing "Lord of War" I realized that arms dealing around the world really depends on war because it is so profitable.  I think the answer should be to NOT sell arms.  What's more is that I can't own an ak-47 or a CAR here in CA, but little kids walk the streets of their towns with those weapons (at least AKs) in some countries.  How does that make sense?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
$$$$$  always has the final say
CDK3Y
+25|6109|BEHIND YOU!
cough *arms race* cough....tension.....a small light and everything goes up in flames i.e. WWI......WWIII anyone?
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6145|sverige
sell them nukes, then we can remotely detonte them with a hidden trigger inside the bomb.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Guns are mad for one thing and one thing only, to kill. That's the bottom line. How is it "good" to sell or manufacture them at all?
Silentkillr69
+6|6147|Chicago
i believe that the only country in the ME that should get arms from outside is maybe isreal. That small country is fucked without our help. france is selling to iran? SWEET! now  the iranians could make missiles and rockets. france needs a bomb dropped on em.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Silentkillr69 wrote:

i believe that the only country in the ME that should get arms from outside is maybe isreal. That small country is fucked without our help. france is selling to iran? SWEET! now  the iranians could make missiles and rockets. france needs a bomb dropped on em.
Didn't the US just accidentally sell Iran a load of F-14 parts?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6689|The Netherlands
Everybody selling weapons to everybody. Nothing new. Most stuff we dont even hear about.
Dwit
+34|6480
Null vote, Yes they have the right to buy weopons, everyone country has. It is just the way they use them, if we would now sure they were only meant for defensive purposes i'd say yes. but since it is the middle-east, and i don't believe they will only use it for defense, id say no... So null vote for me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard