• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Having IMMENSE trouble with sound (AKA none whatsoever)
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6708
Ok, I use a program called Realtek Audio Manager for my sound, I don't know why, but it came with this PC. It's shitty. That's the basics of it. Now, when I plug somethign in it comes up with a few options on what I plugged in, like Line In, Line out, Subwoofer, etc. On the port that I plugged it into. I have the 3 jacks on the bcak, one of each type, then 2 on the front, which I never use. But it seems to think that these are plugged in.
          Now, the problem. Today, I tried to plug in my Line Out, and change it from headphone to line out (the setting). It said Playback/recording resource has been fully occupied ! This setting won't be enabled !
         So I fiddled around with it a bit, and now it's stuck on line in, and won't change. To anything. At all. Whatsoever. I've tried with the Line Out and Headset, rebooting my PC several times. The sound in the front jacks does NOT work.

HELP ME!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

You could, if need be, reinstall the drivers (probably get updated ones from the web even) which would likely reset your "ports". You can also go into the audio manager and hit the "auto-detect" button with just the headphones plugged in at the back -- might do it.

Also, unless you specifically plugged in the front panel audio to the motherboard (don't know what I'm talking about? You didn't then) then the front shit won't work. Uhmm... worse comes to worse you can try disabling it, full restarte and boot into windows, then restart, bios, reenable it and see if that shocks it into working.

tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6708
I've solved it. I've plugged the jack into the blue hole now (The wrong one) and it worked. Thanks.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Having IMMENSE trouble with sound (AKA none whatsoever)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard