ssonrats
+221|6642
Hi,

I have been experiencing loads of static when my speakers are idle ie. not playing any sound. I have already tryed a few things to sort it out but nothing has worked so far. It's like comeones scratching on a chalk board, it's that bad, especially when the volume is up.

So far i have tryed new Mobo drivers, deleted some of my ghey sound software and i have also tinkered with the sounds and audio devices setup but can't seem to sort it out.

Any help will be much appreciated.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

Dumb, but are they plugged in all the way? Also move any devices that could cause interference away from them (ie cellphone, etc).
ssonrats
+221|6642
Yea they are plugged in all the way and there is nothing near my pc that could possibly interfere with them.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Is your phone near your speakers?
ssonrats
+221|6642
No where near m8, it's been ok so far today, no static but saying that will probably give me static now
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6319|Orrstrayleea
I had his problem ages ago, i just gave up in the end and bought new set of speakers/subs, and they worked fine.
ssonrats
+221|6642
I have static coming from both my headphones and speakers..
cosworth1983
+21|6482|Enschede / Netherlands
Is your PC earthed?

In my house wo dont have earthed sockets,  so i made it myself,  just wire the case of the pc  up to the radiator..

Worked for me.

Greetz
0akleaves
+183|6610|Newcastle UK
then you have something near like a phone or a light or its not plugged in.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6387

I have that problem myself.  Try turning up the volume the whole way in your sound card and volume control, and just turning up your speakers a little.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6717|Scotland
what make are they?
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6681|West Yorkshire, U.K
Do you have a wireless mouse with a recharge base, that could be problem
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

Do you have an integrated AC'97 or Azalia sound card? They tend to have much static, especially when HDDs are working and CD drives spinning up.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard