GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine
Nevermind the $30 billion in weapons to Israel or the $20 billion to Saudi...get a load of this.

According to the July 31 report, the military "cannot fully account for about 110,000 AK-47 assault rifles, 80,000 pistols, 135,000 items of body armour and 115,000 helmets reported as issued to Iraqi forces."

The weapons disappeared from records between June 2004 and September 2005, as the military struggled to rebuild the disbanded Iraqi forces from scratch amid increasing attacks from Sunni insurgents and Shiite militias.
Who fubared this?  I remember a time when I had to count my bullets 4x a day and sign for them...what happened to that?

Full article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/iraqunrestu … Wcslxg.3QA
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6251|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Corruption.exe
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Wouldn't be the first time...
Leatherneck2869
+4|6325
Technically, we armed them before this incident ever took place by failing to secure the Iraqi Army's ammo depots in our march up to baghdad
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ
No worries, I'm sure they payed for them somehow
ƒ³
NaytdawgUK
+7|6196|essex, UK
why and how did bush know they had WMD's?

he's got the recipte. simple
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Nevermind the $30 billion in weapons to Israel or the $20 billion to Saudi...get a load of this.

According to the July 31 report, the military "cannot fully account for about 110,000 AK-47 assault rifles, 80,000 pistols, 135,000 items of body armour and 115,000 helmets reported as issued to Iraqi forces."

The weapons disappeared from records between June 2004 and September 2005, as the military struggled to rebuild the disbanded Iraqi forces from scratch amid increasing attacks from Sunni insurgents and Shiite militias.
Who fubared this?  I remember a time when I had to count my bullets 4x a day and sign for them...what happened to that?

Full article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/iraqunrestu … Wcslxg.3QA
oh wow, that policy went out the door long, long time ago.  I would have grenades rolling around under neath my bunk because of the amount of ammo that they just tossed at us to use.  We would test fire our crew served and our bushmasters everytime we went out.  I dont know how many times I had to reup on ammo for my combat load, because rounds were constantly being expended.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

I say we support Congres giving them more money so we can do it again.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6251|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

Leatherneck2869 wrote:

Technically, we armed them before this incident ever took place by failing to secure the Iraqi Army's ammo depots in our march up to baghdad
Kinda  hard to secure prisoners/ammo/equipment/ammo dumps when we pushed so far forward, we left so many gaps to the rear. Looters will have a field day with that gear and sell it to the highest bidder.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
the issue with small arms.  its a moot point to keep account of the amount of AK's that go through that country.  It got to point where they told us not turn em in at the TOC anymore because everybody was in violation of the "1 AK rule" for a period of time.  They didnt care what we did with em, just dont turn em in.  Ended up destroying a lot of them with the road wheels of my track or giving them back to households that dont have weapons.  hearts and minds.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

Leatherneck2869 wrote:

You armed them way before that too.

Just as you're now arming the future versions of them.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Of course you (america) did.

You armed, trained and supplied Bin Laden to get rid of the Soviets.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

Dauntless wrote:

not bin laden, maybe his friends, but never aq directly.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Yes. Bin Laden.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Yes. Bin Laden.
no. says who?

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-08-01 15:46:15)

PluggedValve
+17|6338

NaytdawgUK wrote:

why and how did bush know they had WMD's?

he's got the recipte. simple
LOL, except that they didn't have WMD's.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Yes. Bin Laden.
no. says who?
Says history. It went via Pakistan, but, ultimately, Bin Laden was armed by the US.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Yes. Bin Laden.
no. says who?
Says history. It went via Pakistan, but, ultimately, Bin Laden was armed by the US.
conjecture and heresay.  what history tells us is that the CIA gave a few hundred stinger missle to the mujahedeen in afghanistan fighting the soviets.  Hostory also says that the CIA never made a direct contact with Osama Bin Laden.  Bin Laden was a small time player at the time compared to the rest of the mujahedeen.   ALso, turns out, those stingers we supplied them with were not that effective, or at least as effective we hoped they would be or made out them to be.  The fact that existed was pretty much all they accomplish, made the soviet pilots nervous.  Bin Laden never had direct contact with the CIA,  the taliban, yes.  Bin Laden, no.  Bin Laden had a connection with Iranian intelligence at the time.  Iranians hated godless soviets more than they hated the United States. 

ofcourse I dont have resources to prove what Im saying.  You could belive me or not.  I dont normally type shit I dont personally believe myself but I have my sources for this info and it was believable at the time.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-08-01 15:58:35)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

no. says who?
conjecture and heresay.  what history tells us is that the CIA gave a few hundred stinger missle to the mujahedeen in afghanistan fighting the soviets.  Hostory also says that the CIA never made a direct contact with Osama Bin Laden.  Bin Laden was a small time player at the time compared to the rest of the mujahedeen.   ALso, turns out, those stingers we supplied them with were not that effective, or at least as effective we hoped they would be or made out them to be.  The fact that existed was pretty much all they accomplish, made the soviet pilots nervous.  Bin Laden never had direct contact with the CIA,  the taliban, yes.  Bin Laden, no.  Bin Laden had a connection with Iranian intelligence at the time.  Iranians hated godless soviets more than they hated the United States. 

ofcourse I dont have resources to prove what Im saying.  You could belive me or not.  I dont normally type shit I dont personally believe myself but I have my sources for this info and it was believable at the time.
What about Abdul Rahman?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

What about Abdul Rahman?
what about him?  Im unfamiliar.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-08-01 16:07:35)

Fen321
+54|6495|Singularity
Out of curiosity why did Bin Laden have connections with Iranian Intelligence?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Dauntless wrote:

I am so sick of you Euros thinking your shit does not stink.

----------------
Did you know that in 1986, Margaret Thatcher welcomes Abdul Haq, an Afghan rebel leader who admitted that he had ordered the planting of a bomb at Kabul airport in 1984 which killed at least 28 people?

Did you know that same year MI6 begins supplying Afghan mojahidin groups with ‘Blowpipe’ shoulder-launched missiles, some of which are used to shoot down passenger airliners?

Also that same year Mujaheddin leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar is invited to London. Margaret Thatcher hails him as a "freedom fighter". He is known to have trafficked in opium and thrown acid in the face of women who refused to wear the veil.

In Pakistan, mujaheddin training camps are run by the CIA and MI6, with the British SAS training future al-Qa'ida and Taliban fighters in bomb making and other black arts. This continues long after the Soviet army withdraws in 1989.

---------------

Do some research next time.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

What about Abdul Rahman?
what about him?  Im unfamiliar.
The CIA armed him. He blew up the WTC in '93 and is a senior member of Al-Qaeda. Him and Bin Laden have worked together a lot.

Currently safely under lock and key in the US.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

usmarine2005 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

I am so sick of you Euros thinking your shit does not stink.

----------------
Did you know that in 1986, Margaret Thatcher welcomes Abdul Haq, an Afghan rebel leader who admitted that he had ordered the planting of a bomb at Kabul airport in 1984 which killed at least 28 people?

Did you know that same year MI6 begins supplying Afghan mojahidin groups with ‘Blowpipe’ shoulder-launched missiles, some of which are used to shoot down passenger airliners?

Also that same year Mujaheddin leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar is invited to London. Margaret Thatcher hails him as a "freedom fighter". He is known to have trafficked in opium and thrown acid in the face of women who refused to wear the veil.

In Pakistan, mujaheddin training camps are run by the CIA and MI6, with the British SAS training future al-Qa'ida and Taliban fighters in bomb making and other black arts. This continues long after the Soviet army withdraws in 1989.

---------------

Do some research next time.
say it aint so!
Scorpion0x17
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Neither do I.
You could also believe me or not.
Neither do I.
And so do I.
And so was it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard