BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
I'm writing this post because I feel that my self examination as to the recent weeks would be well recieved by a select few members who were feeling the same as I was durring my time of "leaving."

3 weeks. A time period that seems so miniscule. 3 weeks. I had wanted to leave.

3 days. A time period even more miniscule than the first. 3 days, thats all it took for me to come crawling back.

I'll take the time to apologize here, again. I didn't intend to mislead anybody, or anything of that sort. I wasn't seeking attention, rather I was seeking an end to my problems. Many of you suggested that I only come back in moderation. I should have listened.

That first day of "giving up the internet" was hell for me. I wasn't busy, sat down to check emails normally and realized what had transpired the day before. I sat back, logged off, and went and got alot of things done. Chores, yardwork, etc. 3 PM, I come back inside to find the computer open, and myself with nothing to do. "It's been only one day, you can browse." So, without logging in, I browsed the site. For almost 2 hours. Dinner, followed by a family movie, then bed. And the process repeated itself for the next two days. Until I logged in. And I felt horrible at first for doing so. But it also hit me that what I was doing was right.

The day I left, I un-installed everything gaming from my PC. BF2, TDU, Star Wars, xfire, everything. 3 days later, it was back. Except for BF2.

Why?

I've gradually gotten sick of the game. It's lost its value in my hands. With over 600+ hours played on 5+ accounts, I'd finally had enough. My love of the game was gone, and with that went my drive to play and improve myself. With that gone, I began to become a worse player. I'll admit it was bad enough that I was getting beaten by players that in the past would have feared me in game. It was a sad time, very damaging to my ego (which as most of you know, was pretty big. "bigmack's ego > you" kind of thing). But being without BF2 is a blessing. My gaming time has gone down durastically. Even when I play TDU, it's only for a half hour at a time. Then I get up, and do something else.

But why did I return to the community?

Because I loved every minute of it. I loved everything that goes on here. It makes me laugh, makes me feel proud to be a part of it. BF2s is a special place. You guys make it that way. I'm glad to be a part of it. Hell, when I was "gone" I couldn't look away. Too many good things going on here.

So what's it like with no BF2 and little time gaming/being on BF2s?

It's exactly what I wanted. I was just too full of emotion to see it earlier. Like it nor not, this has become a part of my lifesyle, my personality. I can browse the forums, have some laughs, play some online games with you guys, and talk it up on xfire. All for limited ammounts of time. I make more plans now. I do more things. I get out, laugh, have fun, get closer to friends (and particularly my girlfriend), enjoy times with family, etc. I've found the "happy" medium, it's exactly what I wanted. I can keep in touch with you guys, but live the life I want to live.

So for those who were feeling the same as I did (I won't mention names, you know your identities), I hope this helps out a bit. If it's what you want, it is by no means hard to do. If you felt like I did, that you were slipping away from yourself, give it a shot. I hope this helps, or was at least interesting to read for some of you.

To sum it up:

Gaming in moderation + forums in moderation = more time for RL.

=win.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
I had uninstalled BF2 because I had gotten sick of it....

But I reinstalled it.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6790|Belgium

More words or not required

R
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

".HurricaNe: You should've snuck a Bel Air thing
.HurricaNe: or "Here's a vid of me with another message, watch it if you want
.HurricaNe: then a link to rickroll
WOoKie BigmacK: Not my style."

WHAT A HEART OF GOLD

Good to hear things are working out Biggy
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
You're right, BF2s fuckin owns.
Sym-5150-
+2|6561|St. Pete. Fl.
All things in moderation .
                                    Socrates

Just as true today as then. I feel your pain (  as 2NIC and Sr. admin for =rTr= BF2 servers), it's hard to balance, gaming( and all it entails) and RL.

Brothers in Pain,
                                                                                                                         Sym-5150-

Last edited by Sym-5150- (2007-08-01 07:36:06)

Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6119|Scotland
I wanted your SF-CDKey ^^ if you're still not playing - Gimmie please
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/Sarrk/trashmac.jpg
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
To........much......text.........

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
I know what you mean. After about 440 hours in both 2142 and Bf2, I've lost all drive to play the games. It just isn't fun anymore. I've moved on from these games (for now, until I feel the urge again), but I love BF2s, and am proud to continue playing with the people on here in other games. The BF series is just about dead for me, but BF2s is alive and kicking, and I don't plan on giving that up any time soon.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
bobby177
+129|6444|Texas.. getting out asap
I dont even play BF2 but I still lurk moar on these forums.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
I haven't played BF2 much for ages... But I'm on here nearly every day...
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6256|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
aLeX
.?
+160|6301|:D

Oo mack, that speech made me tingle

Lmao I agree, you need to find that balance. You seem to have accomplished that which I envy you for. I just game/forumz because I have too much spare time. Wb <3
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

I can't remember the last time I played Good to see you came to your senses

I'd like a double cheeseburger, add lettuce and Bigmack sauce ($.99 Bigmack recipe)
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
Well at least you tried

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard