GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6617
Tony Jaa is the new and improved Jet Li!
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6459|EE Chat
Owned
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6179
cool, I wanna fight too
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6536
You get super intense Japanese people?

No wonder people cling to the 2nd Amendment so bad...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire

Protecus wrote:

You get super intense Japanese people?

No wonder people cling to the 2nd Amendment so bad...
Tony Jaa is from Thailand btw.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6672|WPB, FL. USA
Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, etc. - NOT!

Punches and mostly kicks weren't choreographed well, more like telegraphed very well - too much effort and seen them coming.
At least they could have staged the scenes - each floor he was getting more and more winded - more of a director issue then the actor.

Lame  ZZzzzzz

nothing personal GS - imho
RAVENMkXV
+9|6230|Florida
lol all i can say is OWNED at 2:38
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6667|pimelteror.de
tony jaa pwns
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657
it was intended to be unedited.  the entire scene is shot from one camera.  I thought that was pretty awesome.  I respect your opinion dude.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Punches and mostly kicks weren't choreographed well, more like telegraphed very well - too much effort and seen them coming.
At least they could have staged the scenes - each floor he was getting more and more winded - more of a director issue then the actor.

Lame  ZZzzzzz

The technical aspect of shooting that scene in one take is incredible. I would say the choreography was pretty damn impressive considering, if that scene were cut like a regular fight scene it wouldn't stand out so much. I admire Directors who are brave enough to shoot long takes like this as it can be expensive if many takes are needed and it restricts you in the editing room.

Check out Gaspar Noe's 'Irreversible' for incredible long takes (though he uses super-subtle invisible special FX).
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6408|The Gem Saloon
that guy has some of the nastiest knees i have ever seen.
dead_rac00n
+12|6496|DTC
The real challenge is that it is all in one shot. They did it 8 times or so, putting everything back between each take. They also had to replace the steadycam guy who was filming this because he couldn't follow the pace.
It's the longest shot in a kung-fu movie. (By the way, the title of the movie is Ong Bak)
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6503|Kamloops, BC Canada
It took them 5 tries or something to get that scene right. That's why he looks 'tired'... To be honest I'd be dead after the first take.

I have the original DVD from Thailand
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6556|Texas - Bigger than France
I was kind of waiting for the end where Indiana Jones shoots him.
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6503|Kamloops, BC Canada

dead_rac00n wrote:

By the way, the title of the movie is Ong Bak)
"Tom Yum Goong" is the name of the movie actually

or

'Protector' in America
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6425|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

dead_rac00n wrote:

The real challenge is that it is all in one shot. They did it 8 times or so, putting everything back between each take. They also had to replace the steadycam guy who was filming this because he couldn't follow the pace.
It's the longest shot in a kung-fu movie. (By the way, the title of the movie is Ong Bak)
That scene wasnt from Ong Bak. It was from the Protector methinks, his more recent film.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

It took them 5 tries or something to get that scene right. That's why he looks 'tired'... To be honest I'd be dead after the first take.

I have the original DVD from Thailand
I like the fact that he looked tired, it made it more believable like the scene in the hallway from 'Old Boy'.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

Let's ban guns!
zeidmaan
+234|6429|Vienna

Braddock wrote:

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Lame  ZZzzzzz

The technical aspect of shooting that scene in one take is incredible. I would say the choreography was pretty damn impressive considering, if that scene were cut like a regular fight scene it wouldn't stand out so much. I admire Directors who are brave enough to shoot long takes like this as it can be expensive if many takes are needed and it restricts you in the editing room.

Check out Gaspar Noe's 'Irreversible' for incredible long takes (though he uses super-subtle invisible special FX).
yeah me likes it too. I hate fight scenes like Bourne Identity or something like that. You get 5 different angles in one seconds and next thing you know everyone is on the ground unconcise wtf ?

I watched Irreversible and the first part in gay night club was unbelievable.

Also "Children of Men" comes to mind Braddock. In it there is a scene about 8 minutes long with countless people getting shot, buildings getting destroyed, hundreds of extras running around etc. Pretty amazing.

And yeah... ban guns so people get more exercise

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard