ATG
Banned
+5,233|6570|Global Command
At least that's the rule of the American forces.

Cmon guys, you're lagging; the Israelis have mad asses of themselves and no one is leading the bray.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

ATG wrote:

At least that's the rule of the American forces.

Cmon guys, you're lagging; the Israelis have mad asses of themselves and no one is leading the bray.
Tell that to John McCain.
ATG
Banned
The majority of American pows in every war since ww1 have been pilots and they know this. That's why pilots go through intensive survival training and artillery men do not.
So the analogy is bad.

These are foot soldiers apparently in the OT and one of them slept in and missed roll call. They say another guy called his number, but wouldn't that still leave them one guy short? Apparently the operation they were on resulted in five Palestinian dealths. You'd like they'd have a better grip on the number of men.

I'd say the illusion of Israeli infantry being elite troops just got revealed.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6414|Kyiv, Ukraine
We left guys behind at least 3 times that I remember during field excercises or training ranges when redeploying, common mistake normally, though their direct line supervisor usually caught hell.  Leaving someone behind like that during a real operation is just dumb, unless they thought they were doing a boy scout camping trip.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

ATG wrote:

The majority of American pows in every war since ww1 have been pilots and they know this. That's why pilots go through intensive survival training and artillery men do not.
So the analogy is bad.

These are foot soldiers apparently in the OT and one of them slept in and missed roll call. They say another guy called his number, but wouldn't that still leave them one guy short? Apparently the operation they were on resulted in five Palestinian dealths. You'd like they'd have a better grip on the number of men.

So because John McCain maybe 'knew' he could get left behind, it is OK and still fits within the "No Man Left Behind" alpha-male stuff?

I would say it is more a case of "large program involving (often bumbling) humans" than any type of ideological mindset.
zeidmaan
+234|6456|Vienna

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ATG wrote:

So the analogy is bad.

So because John McCain maybe 'knew' he could get left behind, it is OK and still fits within the "No Man Left Behind" alpha-male stuff?

I would say it is more a case of "large program involving (often bumbling) humans" than any type of ideological mindset.
No Man Left Behind is not fool proof. Thats why its different crashing miles and miles behind enemy lines, and being forgotten as a infantry man fighting shoulder to shoulder with your mates.
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6171

ATG wrote:

So the analogy is bad.

All infantry get escape and evasion training now days...I got mine at Ft.Polk in 1969...there were only a few infantry POW`s in the Vietnam war because the VC and NVA killed them on the battle field. Pilots were higher profile and they usually parachuted over enemy territory.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6327|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
That's some scary shit, left in enemy territory.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6757
I bet nobody liked him... Wouldn't his teammates report it?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

zeidmaan wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

No Man Left Behind is not fool proof. Thats why its different crashing miles and miles behind enemy lines, and being forgotten as a infantry man fighting shoulder to shoulder with your mates.
Where would you catagorize falling asleep?
SmkenRez
+10|6406|The other side of world
lol
the rangers wouldn't leave a man behind dead or alive {or sleeping} i believe its part of there motto
pilots are worth more because of the training they get to fly
the Air Force a special group that gets trained to go and get the downed pilots.
i believe there the only group the all the armed forces that get to wear the red beret
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6239
Lol funny banner on top of that page.

"State of JUDEA"

"The land settled by the Israelites"

"The land walked by JESUS"

"Now in Arab HANDS!!"

pathetic israelis don't even realize that the arabs at least consider Jesus like a prophet et respect him.. Israelites think hes a false prophet.

Well they left a soldier behind and he was scared.. how do you think the palestinians in the Israeli jails feel?
ATG
Banned

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

ATG wrote:

So the analogy is bad.

All infantry get escape and evasion training now days...I got mine at Ft.Polk in 1969...there were only a few infantry POW`s in the Vietnam war because the VC and NVA killed them on the battle field. Pilots were higher profile and they usually parachuted over enemy territory.
btw, I wasn't calling you dog semen. One of the threads you made was a little off putting, and actually sounded something like ' he who shouldn't be named ' does periodically which is to make a half hearted attempt to look like a serious poster before revealing himself as ' he who shouldn't be named '.

My bad if I was mistaken, which I definately was because I asked the mods to review your IP and see if you were in fact ' he who shouldn't be named '.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=81167
Comrade Ogilvy
+7|6171

ATG wrote:

Comrade Ogilvy wrote:

ATG wrote:

So the analogy is bad.

btw, I wasn't calling you dog semen. One of the threads you made was a little off putting, and actually sounded something like ' he who shouldn't be named ' does periodically which is to make a half hearted attempt to look like a serious poster before revealing himself as ' he who shouldn't be named '.

My bad if I was mistaken, which I definately was because I asked the mods to review your IP and see if you were in fact ' he who shouldn't be named '.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=81167
Cool!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard