kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
i've seen countless posts on what people would do, but i'd love to get them all bunched up in here. i am aware there are similar threads but i couldn't find one that is like this

You are the US President. Your troops are still in Iraq. What are you going to do?

I am not sure what I'd do. If you pull out, Iraq is likely to destroy itself through civil war, but if you stay in - then you could be making each side even angrier. This is a real tough one.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification

leetkyle wrote:

i've seen countless posts on what people would do, but i'd love to get them all bunched up in here. i am aware there are similar threads but i couldn't find one that is like this

You are the US President. Your troops are still in Iraq. What are you going to do?

I am not sure what I'd do. If you pull out, Iraq is likely to destroy itself through civil war, but if you stay in - then you could be making each side even angrier. This is a real tough one.
Move most of the coalitions forces to border security and allow the Iraqi army to take care of business and be able to call for help when needed.

Edit - Border security to stop new insurgents getting in.

Last edited by ReTox (2007-07-30 09:48:01)

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
invade Saudi arabia
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

I'd leave and let them sort their country out, offering financial aid to the government towards reconstruction costs. Reconstruction which should be done by the Iraqis themselves - since unemployment is rife, yet there is loads of work to be done, that would kill two birds with one stone. Having foreign contractors doing the reconstruction is ludicrous, since there are Iraqis with the neccessary skills, who cannot get work.

All foreign troops out. Naval prescence should remain for the short term.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

1. Ask the leaders of Iraq/people of Iraq if they would like our support.
2. If no to above, GTFO.
3. If yes to above, explicitly let the people/leaders know that we (US Armed Forces/Coalition of the Willing) will not tolerate support for insurgents.
4. Allow the Armed Forces to fight the war, not the media, President, Cabinet, or Republican Party.
5. Pressure/Talk to Middle Eastern countries to gain support from the Arab world for a stable Iraq.
6. Sit back, choke on some pretzels and watch the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers slay injustice on the ball field.
CC-Marley
+407|6799

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

6. Sit back, choke on some pretzels and watch the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers slay injustice on the ball field.
Boys' yes, but got to go RED SOX!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

CC-Marley wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Boys' yes, but got to go RED SOX!
I'm a Raider / Halos fan myself actually.  That was just a little jab at our fearless banana eater.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
I'd give Nouri Al Maliki a pat on the back and whisper in his ear: 'You're on your own now, son.'
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
give financial aid to the government, pull out most troops and just use the rest to catch those dammed iranians smuggling guns. I'd focus the coalitions air forces to use them to wipe out any insurgent bases and training camps as well as wipe out any insurgents operating openly that way there's still back up for the government but it keeps the coalition forces alot sager.

Use governmental assassins to take out prominent insurgency figures then if they're found out by the media pardon them and tell the media to fuck off and leave the business of war to people who know what they're doing.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

1. Ask the leaders of Iraq/people of Iraq if they would like our support.
2. If no to above, GTFO.
3. If yes to above, explicitly let the people/leaders know that we (US Armed Forces/Coalition of the Willing) will not tolerate support for insurgents.
4. Allow the Armed Forces to fight the war, not the media, President, Cabinet, or Republican Party.
5. Pressure/Talk to Middle Eastern countries to gain support from the Arab world for a stable Iraq.
6. Sit back, choke on some pretzels and watch the Miami Dolphins and LA Dodgers slay injustice on the ball field.
anybody who doesnt have an answer like this should step on a rusty nail.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6507|Chicago
Gradually remove US troops and replace them with Iraqis. MAKE A TIMETABLE.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

RedTwizzler wrote:

Gradually remove US troops and replace them with Iraqis. MAKE A TIMETABLE.
the concept of a time table is bad.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Abdicate.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Leave the forces alone to do their job.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

M.O.A.B wrote:

Hmm, I can see that they are doing a great job out there. /sarcasm

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-07-30 11:39:34)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

r'Eeee wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

retard
OpsChief
+101|6646|Southern California

leetkyle wrote:

Unfortunately the insurgency in Iraq cannot be won in Iraq. You can't solve a problem if you define it incorrectly. The US-Iraqi War is over - this is not a war against Iraq and it is not limited to civil war either, this is selective or fragmented violent anarchy. Identify the participants and account for them in characterizing the desired outcome. Like it or not this war has a significant 'religious" component and we can't win with a secular response because the idea alone is an abomination to some of the factions commited in Iraq.

The US Military is best when employed offensively. We are too long on a "strategic pause" on the GWOT and it's time to go back on the offensive. For the broad-brush answer I would leave the big cities' internal security to Iraqi's and deploy all Coalition forces outside of the large city limits. Doing this allows a focus on rooting out violent factions and inhibiting illegal border crossing by various interested theo-political parties. This also will reduce the accessibility of US forces by the Demolition Party members. We are in a good spot to keep the GWOT enemy off-balance, easy targets tend to do that, and a redeployment outside the cities can be a step in two directions - extraction or redirection. Any existing local militias should be "legitimized" and deployed on 6 month border security operations keeping some of the mischievious types out of reach of mass targets.

This isn't really much of a change for force activity but it will make many politicians and other people who feel war is like a football game to "sense" we are making "forward" progress and winning battles. Since military action is not going to finish the Iraqi Democratic initiative massive effort to turning the "martyrdom" recruitment tool off must occur.

In short put more distance between enemy and US forces except when the US wants to strike. Then the violent factions will have to kill each other to appear "active and effective" so the terror money will keep flowing...
r'Eeee
+311|6418

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

retard
Sure! And you?

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-07-30 12:06:20)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6168
1- Bring ALL the troops home.

2- Say to the iraqis that you are very sorry about messing around with their country.

3- Pay for the reconstruction of their country and like another poster said, hire only iraqi citizen to do the job.

4- Transfer all military aid from Israel to Iraq and allow them to really rebuild their army so they can deal with the terrorist problem the USA created by removing Saddam.

5- Never mess again with a country who never attacked the USA and never have been a threat to its national security.
r'Eeee
+311|6418

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

1- Bring ALL the troops home.

2- Say to the iraqis that you are very sorry about messing around with their country.

3- Pay for the reconstruction of their country and like another poster said, hire only iraqi citizen to do the job.

4- Transfer all military aid from Israel to Iraq and allow them to really rebuild their army so they can deal with the terrorist problem the USA created by removing Saddam.

5- Never mess again with a country who never attacked the USA and never have been a threat to its national security.
Lol, exactly. Invading a country that can't do shit to anyone, is just fucked up!
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

retard
lol i second that.

retard
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

r'Eeee wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

retard
Sure! And you?
not a retard.
r'Eeee
+311|6418

G3|Genius wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

retard
lol i second that.

retard
Sure, every American will say that. But me being an iraq say that you  are retards as well.

I guess that's fair.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-07-30 12:12:00)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

r'Eeee wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

retard
lol i second that.

retard
Sure, every American will say that. But me being an iraq say that you  are retards as well.
really? what part of Iraq are you from?
r'Eeee
+311|6418

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

lol i second that.

retard
really? what part of Iraq are you from?
Baghdad. I don't live in IRAQ anymore though.

Last edited by r'Eeee (2007-07-30 12:12:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard