Poll

What do you think should be done about claymores?

Make the trigger radius smaller.20%20% - 65
Give only 1 to snipers.10%10% - 32
Take them out of the game.9%9% - 30
Stay how they are now.59%59% - 188
Total: 315
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
Like gen idea said, let them nuke the map. Then u guys would REALLY have something to whine about.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

Make them like the Claymores in COD4.

You can get close enough to trip one, but avoid death if you're carefull.

Plus you can shoot one to blow it up - I'm told this used to be possible in BF2.
TFSlott
+2|6159
Have all mines damage everyone. AND - remove the red marker for friendly mines. A mine is a mine no matter who put it there. Like real war! And players should punish for clay and mine teamkills more often. I punish when I stumble across a claymore placed offensively in the midst of war. But I never punish for clay kills if the clay was put there defensively to watch your own back. Nor do I punish for mine teamkills if they are put there as a mine field offensively. But some idiot spawning them all over - I allways do!

Perhaps add a "Lookout - mine" quick tab.

The only way to stop clay and mine spawning is by punishment! So lets have mines damage everyone. That'll punish a lot.

I started out as sniper - and I'm not proud to admit I've made a lot of clay kills. It's easy, it's deadly but very sissy. Now I kill people with my rifle - The right way.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6461
Grenades/c4 blow up claymores problem solved.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
Why would engineer help you see claymores before you ran into them?

Also, take a lesson from COD4 and have a clay/grenade warning sign? This would cut back grenade spammers as well.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2007-12-02 13:10:34)

threekillerz
+1|6124|Switzerland
Id like them to disappear at the moment you kill the sniper, that would be fair I think.
Rest can stay the way it is
Dersmikner
+147|6499|Texas
I will add my name to those who think they should be destructible. If you hit one with a shotgun, or a grenade, they should explode, similar to what happens to the gas tanks.

I'm also a believer that there should be a damage radius. Step on it and you're dead, if you're near it you take frag damage of some portion of your health. There's nothing more ridiculous than being 20 feet from a clay and dying instantly.

Of course, this is from someone who plays sniper exclusively on I/O servers these days, and drops his two clays in the exact same spot every single time he spawns. I think my ratio with BravoOscarBravo (the name under which I actually play these days) is 5 to 1 or so. I'll look... yep... 1,474      265. -  5.5 to 1. Nearly a claywhore.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6442|SoCal
Stop running into them.

It's like a kid setting a box/string trap, and you walking into it.  You fail, not the guy setting it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Ymon
+8|6437
Im going to take this is an opputrunity to do some advertising!

http://www.youtube.com/v/q0ydy5sQGlw&rel=1

But if something were to be done to them i would say, make it possible to crouch/prone past them otherwise i think claymores are fine. Or they could be destructable if you use the m95 on them.

Last edited by Ymon (2007-12-18 14:25:30)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Snipers should have six claymores, but make them destructible.  Let the Darwin theory sort them out.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Just make it so engineers can get past unharmed. This way, they can sneak to the other side of it (if it's around a corner) and disarm it (or leave it, doesn't matter to me).
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

They should allow commandors to spot them out, that would help maybe?
I strongly agree
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA
i think either the radius of it blowing up should go down to a TINY bit longer than COD4 or make it where u can shoot em again.....hate that they took that out
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5984|Perth, indian ocean
Make it so the sniper who deployed the claymore can repack it, so if he accidentally deploys one he won't get a team kill about half a minute later.
If you make claymores destructible e.g shooting them destroys them, that would help so much, you could just take them out with your pistol.
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Just leave them, they arent hard to spot anyway.
Wallpaper
+303|5994|The pool
They should be destructable, and/or FF off not be an option. Im sick and tired of nooby snipers running around dropping clays instead of taking people out with their rifle.
martinez
+5|5981|Worcester, MA
clays should and will stay the same
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6753

Wallpaper wrote:

They should be destructable, and/or FF off not be an option. Im sick and tired of nooby snipers running around dropping clays instead of taking people out with their rifle.
im sick and tired of medics reveiving people...
you see when you play in a squad and you have medic backup there is no need for clay crying is there.
play as a team and dont run around like a chicken without a head... do that and clays are hardly a problem.
Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I like them as they are, they encourage people to work as a squad, you have to stay in or near medic groups or snipers play merry hell with you. Plus, the amount of SPAM on city maps would make them pretty much pointless if they were destructable.

Best idea would be to make them trip (you have to STAND) on them to detonate, or you can have a clacker which sets them off which is 1) much more realistic and 2) much more tactical. I hate that my mines go off when im watching 4-5 unsuspecting squaddies move onto a CP and some noob charges in for the extra cap point....

I did suggest you could have them do both, left click to dumb drop them, right click to place and click (left) again on the clacker to detonate

That would be FUN as people would have no way of knowing which it was until they either step on it or it blows up in their face.

my $0.02

Kooda
Wallpaper
+303|5994|The pool

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

im sick and tired of medics reveiving people...
you see when you play in a squad and you have medic backup there is no need for clay crying is there.
play as a team and dont run around like a chicken without a head... do that and clays are hardly a problem.
Check my stats, I do more squad playing than a lot of people. I just think snipers should do some fucking sniping instead of whoring clays all over the place
=Pro=Ev
+4|5966
They are abit unfair, But their part of the game and there aint any more patches coming out so we have to live with the game we already have.
Ben0
The Last Gunslinger
+38|6375|Southampton
Why not make them MORE powerful?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6559|Hungary
Claymores = Snipers best friend as you take out people and after you died you pull at least 2 more people to death
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5956|Minnesota
claymores are annoying but easy to get around usually, unless they're on a ladder, or people are spamming them.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6602

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
no inft. only servers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard