Poll

What do you think should be done about claymores?

Make the trigger radius smaller.20%20% - 65
Give only 1 to snipers.10%10% - 32
Take them out of the game.9%9% - 30
Stay how they are now.59%59% - 188
Total: 315
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
just put FF on, but change the damage rate so it only takes half off your teamate instead of killing him, but enough to get a team damage pt
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Locoloki wrote:

just put FF on, but change the damage rate so it only takes half off your teamate instead of killing him, but enough to get a team damage pt
I've played on a few servers with FF on, but no damage.  Claymores get triggered by friendlies, but they take no damage.  Keeps claymore spammers in line, as their claymores effectively become ineffective in high traffic areas.  But still make claymores effective for sniper back defense and back flag defense.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA
if you wanna take them outta bf2 fine, but take the G36E with it. if you want to reduce the trigger radius, fine, but make it so medics must have physical contact with you before thay can revive.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6785|Anaheim, CA

Ilocano wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

I've played on a few servers with FF on, but no damage.  Claymores get triggered by friendlies, but they take no damage.  Keeps claymore spammers in line, as their claymores effectively become ineffective in high traffic areas.  But still make claymores effective for sniper back defense and back flag defense.
That's exactly what we do, FF is on for mines, but the damage they do to friendlies is 1%.  It helps to keep them in check.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
Don't play IO then?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Make them destroyable with explosives. The way they are now is unacceptable, but I don't want them to become useless.
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6513

max wrote:

how about not changing anything? This game has been nerfed enough
agreed

EA should just make one last patch, that converts the game back to version 1.12
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6480|Somewhere else

make them destructable
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6627|The Netherlands
i hate gaymores
I_WISH_I_WAS_HENRY
+6|6125|Pennsylvania, USA

I'm Jamesey wrote:

jord wrote:

Firstly, It's a game...Get over it.
Secondly. Play on one of the many normal mode servers or servers that don't allow claymores.
Thirdly. Claymores, if anything are underpowered on BF2.
Fourthly. Take a different route. It's not hard to go around the side. I don't get blown up 3 times a round.
Fifthly. No more patches are coming out. So stop asking for additions/changes. Especially here.
Finally. Stop being a bitch.

Don't think I missed anything.
Nope, you pretty much covered exactly how stupid you are. Well done.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274
Null. Keep them the same just allow the snipers to choose whether to be fire and forget or detonatable by remote like c4 to avoid Tk's(And to stop clay haters from running into them on purpose and punishing)

I_WISH_I_WAS_HENRY wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

jord wrote:

Firstly, It's a game...Get over it.
Secondly. Play on one of the many normal mode servers or servers that don't allow claymores.
Thirdly. Claymores, if anything are underpowered on BF2.
Fourthly. Take a different route. It's not hard to go around the side. I don't get blown up 3 times a round.
Fifthly. No more patches are coming out. So stop asking for additions/changes. Especially here.
Finally. Stop being a bitch.

Don't think I missed anything.
Nope, you pretty much covered exactly how stupid you are. Well done.
No i think Jord has a point. If you dont like clays the GTFO the server and let us play in peace.

Last edited by David.P (2007-08-09 19:52:07)

Ssandstorm
+73|6735|Perth, Western Australia
Scotch Mist is Scottish.
cospengle
+140|6487|Armidale, NSW, Australia

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Claymores are the most powerful weapon in infantry only servers.   Unless you're going to go engineer you WILL get clay'd at least 3 times a game.  I want something done about this!  If you've got any other ideas post them.
Um, don't your squad mates know how to use shock paddles?
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6371|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

x=Rocko=x wrote:

Are you new to BF2? Most powerful weapon on I/O?????. AK101 is just as powerful as a sniper in that it is 1 hit kill, but you will get more kills with a sniper if you can use it properly, a claymore is also 1 hit kill, so your wrong about it being the most powerful. If push comes to shove I would say that a grenade is hypothetically most powerful. A TV can be the 'most powerful' thing in BF2 Vehicles, but if the person cant use it it's useless. So you see, nothing is the 'most powerful' really.

I dont get killed by clays alot because I have the intelligent to avoid them by taking precautions (i.e. flanking wide round corners etc), if you are getting clayed alot then thats because you have neither the experience or intelligence to learn from your mistakes. And ENGINEERS DO NOT STOP YOU from getting clayed. Comprende?

Use your brain, and THINK before you post.
Steveo7800
I Pity The Foo
+7|6361|United States

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

They should allow commandors to spot them out, that would help maybe?
Bad idea, imagine the commander spamming. ENEMY CLAYMORE SPOTTED! ugh i can imagine the headaches already lawlz
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6300
lol they should just allow people to go prone or crouch around them like 2142
Smokey720
Bill Cosby Ate My Jello Puddin
+26|6155
I think the claymores radius should be way smaller cause when u walk around a corner and the claymore is like 20 feet away from u it still blows up..... wtf is that or atleast only give 1 to a sniper and some how make it so when u get a ammo pack u dont get another claymore cause every 1 knows that snipers spam that crap like crazy for free noob kills
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I think the claymores are fine now, I've gotten used to them.

However, there is one thing about them that torments me. I'll be running around and I'll see a claymore, so I'll stand absolutely still. Nothing happens. Then I start to back AWAY from the claymore and it goes off... wtf mate!?
Smokey720
Bill Cosby Ate My Jello Puddin
+26|6155

mtb0minime wrote:

I think the claymores are fine now, I've gotten used to them.

However, there is one thing about them that torments me. I'll be running around and I'll see a claymore, so I'll stand absolutely still. Nothing happens. Then I start to back AWAY from the claymore and it goes off... wtf mate!?
lol i hate that cause ur like ha i win it aint gonna blow then u walk away and boom ur dead
BlackyCarmichael
Snipe ya face
+4|5996|Mass.
Claymores are fine the way they are.  Esp. when mine kill ya. 
aimless
+166|6125|Texas
They need a longer arming time, I see many snipers run into a crowd and just throw them down and die.  It's very annoying.

Making them destructable would be good, too.
General-Idea
+5|5998|USA, Central.
Edit the blast radius so it nukes the map.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
I have maybe tripped a clay once in CoD4, and that was because of carelessness. All I do for the rest is put a round in them and carry on.

Why oh why did they make clays indestructable in BF2?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA

General-Idea wrote:

Edit the blast radius so it nukes the map.
Right on
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6148|San Antonio, Texas
There's only one flaw that can be fixed in patch 1.5 (if there is one >_>): they aren't destroyable! Any explosive should destroy those pesky things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard