Poll

What do you think should be done about claymores?

Make the trigger radius smaller.20%20% - 65
Give only 1 to snipers.10%10% - 32
Take them out of the game.9%9% - 30
Stay how they are now.59%59% - 188
Total: 315
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6584|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

jord wrote:

Firstly, It's a game...Get over it.
Secondly. Play on one of the many normal mode servers or servers that don't allow claymores.
Thirdly. Claymores, if anything are underpowered on BF2.
Fourthly. Take a different route. It's not hard to go around the side. I don't get blown up 3 times a round.
Fifthly. No more patches are coming out. So stop asking for additions/changes. Especially here.
Finally. Stop being a bitch.

Don't think I missed anything.
Yeah, you missed the fact that you are wrong.  They need to be like before, destructible with FF on.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Gheymores suck
Stizz
+8|6250|New Jersey

Reject_Wolf wrote:

They need to be like before, destructible with FF on.
I forgot that you used to be able to do that, why did they ever change that anyway?
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6842

TheGiantSE wrote:

Why not do it in the same way it is in 2142?
You can get by them as long as you don't walk or run...
oh yeah lets crawl pass a claymore...oh wait I will get killed before even diving to the ground...how smart
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Do as in BF2142, if you crouch or prone they wont go off, and ladder claymoring shouldn't work.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country
So by the logic, we should nerf everything that kills you 3 times in a round?  That would make for a really great combat game.

The only solution I see is to take an ounce of harden the fuck up
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

VspyVspy wrote:

So by the logic, we should nerf everything that kills you 3 times in a round?  That would make for a really great combat game.
For those of us that don't sit under a bush all day, 3 deaths is the difference between a great round and an average one.

And combat doesn't involve running around dressed as a tree while your indestructible little claymores sit on the nearest flag waiting to net you a noobish kill.
theelviscerator
+19|6289
Then make medics only have one kit per round unless they reload at crate and cant heal themselves.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

For those of us that don't sit under a bush all day, 3 deaths is the difference between a great round and an average one.

And combat doesn't involve running around dressed as a tree while your indestructible little claymores sit on the nearest flag waiting to net you a noobish kill.
LOL, boohoo to you. 

I like your stats, especially your 5:1 claymore ratio, you really know what you are doing with them.  Oh and you forgot to mention that your second most used kit is..................... wait for it.............................. SNIPER. 

Well done mate!  [shakes head at noob]
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
enough nerfing
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
At first I thought claymores was a great idea. Everyone whores them bad now.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA
Only suggestion Id add is make them blow up according to design, hence if I walk behind one it shouldn't go off and kill me, after all the claymore is a directed charge.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-30 21:19:00)

Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6584|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

VspyVspy wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

LOL, boohoo to you. 

I like your stats, especially your 5:1 claymore ratio, you really know what you are doing with them.  Oh and you forgot to mention that your second most used kit is..................... wait for it.............................. SNIPER. 

1. He only has 72 claymore kills, compared to your 2000.
2. His medic hours are in the 200s, his sniper hours is around 15, his medic hour dwarfs his sniper hours so much it doesn't even matter. 

Claymores are cheap, they are a low risk, high reward weapon, wtf?  Shouldn't it be high risk, high reward?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

VspyVspy wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

LOL, boohoo to you. 

80% of my claymore kills are from claymore kidnapping snipers

Where did I say I don't snipe? I don't sit under a bush and I don't run around with my claymores on flags.

So what exactly is your point?

Last edited by I'm Jamesey (2007-07-31 08:17:06)

xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6152|Some Pub in Valletta

xXCortoMalteseXx wrote:

No change needed... 2 Clays "At a time" per sniper is good.
I still remember the days when there was no limit of clays on the ground.
Back in the day 1 sniper could have dozens and dozens  clays on the ground at the same time.
But yeah the game didn't have IO back then either, maybe things we're a little better back then.........
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6222|Finland
How claymore works is that when it blows up there is small metallic balls which fly really fast to forward, that's why the trigger radius is so "long".
You wont get claymored if you think about it before you rush to other side of corner, and i always kill plenty of people with them because everybody is just rushing TO THE FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, that is stupid... Claymores are just fine!
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6166
man I hate claymores
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
leave em be!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida
Take them out of the fucking game.
Take Nades out of the game too!

C4 can stay.

Clays and Nades ruined bf2 because everyone is a fucking newb with no skill who needs to fuckin throw a nade in hopes to kill someone.
All nades and clays do is piss your enemy off, and since you are the enemy of the other team, all it does is piss you off when you get killed by one. So if we wanted to save everyone A LOT of pissed off-ness we could just take them out of the game!!

I would start playing bf2 again if they took out nades and clays. or even just nades. but both would be a prime upgrade.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Balok77
+28|6149
Have a 3 second time delay on them, so when u walk past them it takes 3 seconds for it to blow up
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

They should allow commandors to spot them out, that would help maybe?
I like that idea, maybe have a squad leader pop some smoke where the claymore is so that others will be aware. Leave the 2 claymores since they already dropped it from 3 to 2.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6786|Anaheim, CA

Claymores are fine, if they are used correctly.  The most annoying thing is when there is a sniper on the ground you're shooting at, and he is bouncing around and throws a gaymore down before you kill him so that it will kill you. 

In our servers we only allow snipers to place them to protect themselves while sniping (i.e. at the top of a ladder if they're on the roof (which is honestly where most snipers should be)).
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

GuliblGuy wrote:

Claymores are fine, if they are used correctly.  The most annoying thing is when there is a sniper on the ground you're shooting at, and he is bouncing around and throws a gaymore down before you kill him so that it will kill you. 

In our servers we only allow snipers to place them to protect themselves while sniping (i.e. at the top of a ladder if they're on the roof (which is honestly where most snipers should be)).
TBH, in your servers I have only seen that rule enforced if it pertains to Admins.  Pretty much same for all the rules you guys have.  I still think your servers are awesome, though.
Lost-Soul
+26|6510

TheGiantSE wrote:

Why not do it in the same way it is in 2142?
You can get by them as long as you don't walk or run...
AGREED!!!
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Keep suggesting things like someone from Dice actually visits here and will decide to make a new patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard