Sabr1y0
+10|6126
I don't know if this has been discussed before... I went through the first 5 pages of 194 the search engine gave me for the word "chopper". Well, here is my problem.

Any of you guys play alone? I mean, without any friends? Just you and a bunch of unknown players on the server. Well I do that most of the time. And I think it's very annoying when you try to get in a vehicle, especially the choppers.

I'm sure many of you have already experienced that before and you've probably felt the same frustration as I always do when it happens to me.
The thing is when you luckily get a place in a chopper (the gunner position in this situation), if the pilot has a friend or knows someone who's a good gunner, he will stand at the edge of the map, waiting for you to die, then he goes back to pick up his friend/good gunner. I understand they want to play together, but when the choppers are monopolised by 2 idiots for several rounds, I think other players deserve to get some times in the choppers, don't you agree?

It happened to me several times before. But today, I just couldn't keep my thoughts for myself. I was playing Dragon Valley 64 players map. You probably know that map has 2 choppers on each side. Usually, there aren't any big problem to get some times in the choppers. but the choppers of my team (both of them) were monopolised by 4 guys. The first one was monopolised by some guys from the clan SWISS*. If you get in the chopper as the gunner, the other remaining guy from SWISS* kills you with his sniper then he takes the gunner position. Very annoying to get killed by a "teammate" because you wanted to play as a gunner. The second chopper was monopolised by two guys... and they were killing the "gunner position's intruders" by doing what I described above. I was very annoyed to think that both choppers were inaccessible to any guys of our team except these 4 idiots.

Little screenshot to reminds me how some guys are so sweet with you when you try play with them. /sarcasm
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5278 … 037nm4.jpg

What do you guys think? How do you feel about that? Do you do that aswell?
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6484|P-way, NJ
If someone says Bail Out, then bail out....
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
well I do play with buddies most of the time and am quite the chopper whore.  nothing pisses me off more than some jerkoff loner wanting to waste the chopper.  I dont generally TK but I will make their life unpleasant in the short term.
Sabr1y0
+10|6126

Reciprocity wrote:

well I do play with buddies most of the time and am quite the chopper whore.  nothing pisses me off more than some jerkoff loner wanting to waste the chopper.  I dont generally TK but I will make their life unpleasant in the short term.
Well, I sometimes find a good gunner when flying with the chopper and I really enjoy it. Though, if someone gets in my chopper before him, I won't go kill him, I will give him his chances.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6731|Michigan
Well, there are posts about this but you need to type something like... team kills for vehicles.
I hate this as well but be careful, there are allot of so called pilots here that think it is justifiable behaviour.
Their thought is to have the best pilots to win the round which to me makes since if you are playing for money but it's just a game.
I think everyone should have a chance to do whatever they want.
My suggestion... leave that server and find one where the people are not such jerks.
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America
Some people call this redlining.  I had a guy try to do this to me on "rTr Wake Party" server the other day and I started bitching over voice and it just so happened that an admin was in my squad and he kicked/banned him.  I took over and flew back to the island to pick up a random gunner since I very seldom know anybody that I'm playing with either.  Just try to find you a good server where the admins are online alot and enforce the rules evenly.  rTr Wake Party admins seem to do pretty good but you have to let them know if there is a problem like on many servers they are busy playing and cant watch everything going on over the whole map.
Ey3
+5|6151
Solution?, get a higher rank.. I dont like newbs to gun as well, half of them dont even know about the tv-missile.. Dont get me wrong, Im willing to teamplay, but a bad gunner is probably the most annoying thing next to gaymores in BF2..
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

Ey3 wrote:

Solution?, get a higher rank.. I dont like newbs to gun as well, half of them dont even know about the tv-missile.. Dont get me wrong, Im willing to teamplay, but a bad gunner is probably the most annoying thing next to gaymores in BF2..
Indeed, nothing ruins a chopper more then picking up a gunner and lining up shots for them, only to have them shot the canoon at tanks or just not do much of anything.  Rather have no gunner then a stupid gunner...

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-29 13:04:08)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can

Ey3 wrote:

I dont like newbs to gun as well, half of them dont even know about the tv-missile.. Dont get me wrong, Im willing to teamplay, but a bad gunner is probably the most annoying thing next to gaymores in BF2..
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Same as with jets.   

Yes, Im an awards whore.  I want to get General soon so I have to fly to get veteran badges.   And the BS surrounding flying in BF2 is annoying.   But its not impossible to get into jets/choppers.  You may have to shop around for some servers that arent full of slefish pricks.  But there are alot. 

Hell. Sometimes Ill get onto servers as US and be able to steal J-10s from thier EMPTY airfield all round.  Just gotta shop around.

Even though I too are going for stats, its still just a game.  Hop onto a IO server and nade spam to blowoff a little steam and try again.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-07-29 13:05:04)

Sabr1y0
+10|6126

Ey3 wrote:

If you call me noob, you're wrong. I'm doing well with the choppers as the pilot and as the gunner.

If you weren't calling me noob, then okay.

I mean, ranks do not represent if someone is noob or not. I've seen some private first class flying very well with the choppers.

You know, just give everyone the same chances.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
It's a fight to survive.

The first one to the chopper wins.

That's all there is to it. And if you get red lined in a server you do not normally play or do not know the Admin's nothing is going to be done, We'll that is not quite true if you have proof of them red lining you then you could have them kicked or banned but other than that it happen's to everyone unless you are flying with a friend/clan mate.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Sabr1y0 wrote:

Ey3 wrote:

If you call me noob, you're wrong. I'm doing well with the choppers as the pilot and as the gunner.

I mean, ranks do not represent if someone is noob or not. I've seen some private first class flying very well with the choppers.

I see your point.  Its just the way some people are.  Imagine some little rich kid always getting his way in life.  Surely this little shit will expect the same in BF2.  Selfish little brats.  Thats online gaming for you.

Hell, I have 170k points and cannot fly an attack chopper for shit.  So...rank isnt everything.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-07-29 13:13:36)

Ey3
+5|6151

Sabr1y0 wrote:

Ey3 wrote:

I didnt call u a noob, sorry if you get that idea, it wasnt my intention.. I only speak from experience, I rather have a 2nd LT and higher as a gunner then a corporal, youre right that ranks dont mean anything if someone is a noob or not, but HIGH rank means MORE experience... Didnt wanna flame your thread, scuse me if I did..
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
You said "Monopolised"
5 times. lolz
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live
Not much you can do about it, but players who TK for vehicles should get kicked on most servers.

I think Sarge started a thread somewhere trying to justify TKing & redlining in some situations, but I wasn't really convinced.
Ey3
+5|6151
I like teamplay, but really what means a TK in BF2?, if my clanmate and I want to fly a chopper in a map, TKing is very easy to do.. youre not being a sport or sum, but who cares, its not that Im emotionaly attached to fella getting TK'ed..
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England
I give every gunner / piolot i have one flight to prove themself. If they're any good, we'll team up for the round, if not ill spam "Bail out".

They ignore.

M95 / Red line / Flash bang / C4...

You will get out.
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6358
switch teams and own them
TheGiantSE
+14|6472|Sweden
No one are impressed with teamkillers. Thats even worse than clayidiots on Karkand.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6643|The Netherlands

Bull3t wrote:

The first one to the chopper wins.
The first one to ANY vehicle wins.

If I see someone waiting for a vehicle to spawn, I'll walk away and let him have it.

(although I tk for the TOW/HJ8, just to nail the enemy-solo-pricks )

Oh, and about the chopper; if I see someone walk to the chopper, switch seats to gunner-pos. waiting for me to hop in and take off and DON'T answers the question why he does this, I'll eventually take him to a place I like and jump out at low height.

Last edited by the_B3 (2007-07-29 15:06:31)

Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6120
some1 sumarize that for me plz?

im not reading paragraphs
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6596|Toronto-Canada
i won't get out, because i know i'm better than most of the players in that server
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6620|Manitowoc, WI
On the other side of the argument,  It's annoying as hell to have someone get in the chopper when they are absolutely terrible when it could have been your friend flying with you, who you are more than likely talking to and make a much better team.  On maps like Sharqi (well I guess there aren't any other maps like Sharqi), the team with air superiority (I mean keeping the other chopper down as well as armor, not raping the tv station) usually wins.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6643|The Netherlands

BolvisOculus wrote:

On the other side of the argument,  It's annoying as hell to have someone get in the chopper when they are absolutely terrible when it could have been your friend flying with you, who you are more than likely talking to and make a much better team.  On maps like Sharqi (well I guess there aren't any other maps like Sharqi), the team with air superiority (I mean keeping the other chopper down as well as armor, not raping the tv station) usually wins.
True, sometimes this is annoying.
Although I get a little suspicious about people wanting "the team" to win, in combination with chopers/jets/armor, if you get my drift.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard