Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6567|UK

One of my mates recently bought a PS3, he now wants to get it online, but cant.

You have to register to get online with it, and it wont allow him past the state of putting in an ID.  The other day it did, but he accidentally set it to United States (was already set that way), so I was wondering if, since he registered name 1 with the USA, it wont allow him to re-register it to the UK?  That's what I am thinking.  But, he is saying he cant get past the ID atall.

I am a bit confused really, when I did it I got it working first time (on my machine), I dont see why it wont let him past this stage, anyone got an idea?

Martyn
Ey3
+5|6168
Hm, strange I connected mine to a router and it worked instant.....
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6567|UK

Would this also reset his saved games?  I'm thinking if he does this it will get him back to the start and he can try it again

If you initialize the system using "System Settings" > "Restore Default Settings", your password will return to "0000." However, note that all settings other than the password will also be reset. Once these settings are reset, they cannot be recovered.

Martyn
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Bell wrote:

Would this also reset his saved games?  I'm thinking if he does this it will get him back to the start and he can try it again

If you initialize the system using "System Settings" > "Restore Default Settings", your password will return to "0000." However, note that all settings other than the password will also be reset. Once these settings are reset, they cannot be recovered.

Martyn
I wouldn't expect that to reset your savegames, but I don't know.
stef10
+173|6500|Denmark
cant you transfer your game-data from the hard-drive to a memory card?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6567|UK

stef10 wrote:

cant you transfer your game-data from the hard-drive to a memory card?
Just said that to him yea, I just cant seem to find out IF re-setting it will fix the problem.  He cancled the registration half way through because he set it to the USA.  When he went back to re-register it to the UK, it wont let him past making an ID.  Even if he makes different ID's, it just wont let him past that stage

My hope was resetting the machine would put him back to square one and do a fresh registration from the beggining

Martyn
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK
Has he not even bothered to call sony to check? They are normally realy helpful.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6466

Yea when I got mine, I had a problem with the registration, I mean, I tried several names, and I get a message saying something like the name can't be registered. Until I tried r-Eeee and it worked. I don't think resetting the machine will help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard