Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6311
A link to a Media Codec pack because I surely can not find any and it is pissing me off.

Every movie I download I can not watch due to not having all the codecs I need.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6574|UK
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6311

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

k-lite codec pack http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L … c_Pack.htm
Thank you and +1 if it works.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6574|UK
what ive used for ages mate and i have never had a file which didnt play
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6576|NYC / Hamburg

or just use vlc. It virtually supports anything out there
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

I like CCCP best.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

VLC is handy, but I find it's not as good as other players in many instances.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6206|Winland

VLC if you just want to watch movies without all too big demands on quality (Only preset equalizer, etc)
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6694|Espoo, Finland
I've heard that codec packs cause more trouble than they're worth.
I'll just stick to VLC as I've never seen anything that it couldn't play. (no pun intended)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
These codecs should sort you out in any eventuality! :

AVI Codec Pack
K-Lite Codec Pack
SLD Codec Pack

Hope this helps!
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6310

Bertster7 wrote:

I like CCCP best.

http://www.cccp-project.net/
Winnahh!
']['error
Banned
+630|6653|The Netherlands
I use the K-lite codec pack, link stated above ^^^
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6347|EsSeX

Bull3t wrote:

A link to a Media Codec pack because I surely can not find any and it is pissing me off.

Every movie I download I can not watch due to not having all the codecs I need.
just get VLC player it will play 99% of all video files http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
it will even play bin cue files

Last edited by elstonieo (2007-07-30 02:52:39)

Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6244|United Kingdom

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

k-lite codec pack http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L … c_Pack.htm
What i use, for HD also
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6593|England
Noooooooooooooooooooo codex packs!

Srsly, they are more trouble that they are worth - i read somewhere that half of the codex's are just cracked retail ones.

Use VLC.

Have a gandas...

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-07-30 12:21:42)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooo codex packs!

Srsly, they are more trouble that they are worth - i read somewhere that half of the codex's are just cracked retail ones.

Use VLC.

Have a gandas...
That's wrong! Codec packs are great. It's idiots not using them properly that's the problem.

There is an enormous community codec scene. I spent about a year working on a dissertation about MPEG-4 (specifically about optimisation of MPEG-4 content delivered over wireless networks with varying QoS) and the amount of open source stuff out there that people have written and is considerably better than most of the retail stuff, is astonishing - Xvid is a prime example.

VLC is a wonderful tool, but it doesn't really cut it in many situations. I prefer to run things through players that take advantage of FFDshow and AC3Filter and stuff, makes for a better viewing experience in the majority of cases.

The CCCP codec pack is great, much better than any of the other bundled codec packs I've ever seen (although the Gordian Knot one isn't bad) and with the increasing amount of AVC/x264 content about, those sort of codecs are the way to go.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6593|England

Bertster7 wrote:

I spent about a year working on a dissertation about MPEG-4 (specifically about optimisation of MPEG-4 content delivered over wireless networks with varying QoS)
uh, umm... wow!

Meh, i thought the same as you at first. But after reading horror stories and seeing the amount of crap that got installed - i just prefer VLC.

Bertster, can i ask, you seem very knowledgeable about computers and IT and was just wondering what you do for a living. Im assuming you work in IT and thats something im thinking about doing, so... whats your experience of it (and whats the pay like ofc )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard