Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

I'm a big fan of the Guitar Hero series, they're so fun. There's a problem though... they don't work very well on the PS3! The guitars use the normal PS2 controller plugs, which the PS3 lacks (I swear, Sony is the hardware-making version of DICE). So you have to buy this shoddy adapter that converts from the PS2 plug to USB.

While this DOES work OK in GH1, I hear that you are unable to use hammer-ons and pull-offs (techniques which make harder songs a bit easier), and if you opt for a generic adapter then the whammy bar (which also helps in getting good scores) doesn't work either.

A PS2 is about $130 USD new. I also have to factor in that GH2, GH 80s, and a guitar controller would cost $130... totaling out to a whopping $260 D=

So do you think it'd be worth it to pay those bones to enjoy GH, or should I just wait until GH3 comes out and see if that controller works with the older games? I'd be using it a lot, getting my 'moneys worth' I suppose.
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6718|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
Buy a used ps2 for like $80 (maybe less) at gamestop or ebay problem solved
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6649|San Francisco, CA
I'd say wait for GH3 to make your ultimate decision if you can be patient. And who knows, by that time perhaps prices will drop even more.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
u cant get a new ps2 cheaper than 130?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Hurricane wrote:

I'm a big fan of the Guitar Hero series, they're so fun. There's a problem though... they don't work very well on the PS3! The guitars use the normal PS2 controller plugs, which the PS3 lacks (I swear, Sony is the hardware-making version of DICE). So you have to buy this shoddy adapter that converts from the PS2 plug to USB.

While this DOES work OK in GH1, I hear that you are unable to use hammer-ons and pull-offs (techniques which make harder songs a bit easier), and if you opt for a generic adapter then the whammy bar (which also helps in getting good scores) doesn't work either.

A PS2 is about $130 USD new. I also have to factor in that GH2, GH 80s, and a guitar controller would cost $130... totaling out to a whopping $260 D=

So do you think it'd be worth it to pay those bones to enjoy GH, or should I just wait until GH3 comes out and see if that controller works with the older games? I'd be using it a lot, getting my 'moneys worth' I suppose.
i did this on sunday, lol i went to EB got GH2 and a ps2 for 170.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard