_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
Creative - Sound - Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)
Download size: 10.9 MB , less than 1 minute
Creative Sound sofware update released in June, 2007  Details...

That's what I saw in Windows Update, the Creative website says nothing about any driver updates for the X-Fi in June.

Is this the shitty "get's the job done" drivers from Windows or is it something good?

Edit: Btw, this is for Windows XP.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-07-27 10:34:47)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6575|Columbus, OH
No idea if the drivers are better than before but I have been using it for a week and seem to be ok.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
lawl, who uses windows update?
I haven't since I got my pc, I have about 400 windows updates I need to install.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I haven't since I got my pc, I have about 400 windows updates I need to install.
I'd recommend installing them. Especially the security and hardware orientated updates.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California

liquidat0r wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I'd recommend installing them. Especially the security and hardware orientated updates.
No, Im scared
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

everyone who doesn't fail at pirating properly

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

No, Im scared
*points and laughs*

Last edited by max (2007-07-27 15:09:12)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
spectraman
+27|6770
I installed them and my surround sound stopped working correctly, the volume control would only work the two front speakers. The center channel and rear surround speakers would stay at ear piercing levels. I messed around with the settings in the control panel and nothing worked; finally I just reinstalled the original drivers from the install disc  and it now it works and sounds fine. You may not have the same problems that I did but creative's drivers are notoriously crappy.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6614|UCF

spectraman wrote:

I installed them and my surround sound stopped working correctly, the volume control would only work the two front speakers. The center channel and rear surround speakers would stay at ear piercing levels. I messed around with the settings in the control panel and nothing worked; finally I just reinstalled the original drivers from the install disc  and it now it works and sounds fine. You may not have the same problems that I did but creative's drivers are notoriously crappy.
When I updated, the volume control changed to balance control, as in max volume means all audio comes out from the front, and no volume means audio comes only from rear speakers. Also, nothing recognized the audio card anymore.
Papatango7
+4|6222|Nashville, TN

spectraman wrote:

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM DELETED WHOLE FILE REINSTALLED THEN UPDATED FROM CREATIVE WORKING AGAIN
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6567|United States
Creative hardware products.... Creative software drivers.... and you're trusting that new drivers created by Microsoft are going to be better? Come on people... I mean damn. The fact that Vista prevents X-Fi from even working correctly should be enough to keep you from downloading any drivers for X-Fi other than what Creative releases.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
These drivers are just there to be annoying, even if you never tell Windows Update to install it after a reformat, it forces them on you anyway and they just conflict with the Creative drivers to produce no sound.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard