Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6736

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

BOOM!

coup

I win
I'll follow Gunslinger to death. Long live Gunslinger! All traitors be shot.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6778|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Don't we need like elections first?
Ok, everyone taking part of the election write his name down by quoting this post.  When we reach ten con candidates and ten lib candidates we'll make the primary elections.  The two winners will run for president, not really.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-07-31 17:52:58)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America
With all these listed delegations of power, perhaps a veteran would be more suited to handle the Department of Veterans Affairs. I'm just saying...
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6646|Sea to globally-cooled sea
pick me
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6785|Dallas
I vote for myself.  Basically because I'm the only person I trust to do the job correctly.

Order Of Business

1. New Amendment/Law added to Constitution that says any politician or member of the ruling government caught doing anything illegal or corrupt would be put to death via public execution.

2. New law that states that politicians are only to be paid $100,000 a year, adjusted for inflation.  No more, no less.

3. Federal Reserve=Abolished and printing of the nations currency would be done solely by the Federal Government, not by private banks.

4. 2 years of AT LEAST civil service for all able bodied people ages 18-24.  Fighting military would remain volunteer.

5. Minimum wage would be raised and set.  Adjusted every year for inflation.

6. Two party system would be done away with.  Every elected member would be independent.  You get elected on your own ticket, your own money and your own effort, not that of your cronies or benifactors.  No more siding with your "affiliation" on issues, rather on what you personally feel or what the people you represent want.

7. No more policing the world.  Isolationism returns.  Ambassadors would rebuild relations with foriegn countries that had been destroyed by previous administrations.

8. Border protection would be revamped.  10 foot wall bordered on each side by a 7 foot chain link and razor wire fence, with a mote in between.  Motion sensors on U.S. side.  No more illegals. 

9. Annexes would be forcibly entered into the U.S.  No more mooching and enjoying the benefits of being American without paying the taxes and doing your part. 

10. Corporations would no longer receive exemptions and perks for simply being a corporation.  The rules apply to them the same as the rules apply to small businesses.  No more tax breaks for the rich.

And the list goes on although the fingers do not.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6382|Vancouver
I'd vote for the DST American regular that gave the vote to Canadians. Otherwise, I couldn't vote at all.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America

Drakef wrote:

I'd vote for the DST American regular that gave the vote to Canadians. Otherwise, I couldn't vote at all.
They said American, not American from the United States. I pick sergeriver!
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6394|Kyiv, Ukraine

Turquoise wrote:

Here's how I would delegate power....

President: GorillaTicTacs

Vice President: Kmarion

Secretary of State: Turquoise
Secretary of the Treasury: jonsimon
Secretary of Defense: lowing
Secretary of War: gunslinger (kind of redundant to our Sec. of Defense)
Attorney General: blisteringsilence
Secretary of the Interior: Ken Jennings
Secretary of Agriculture: topal
Secretary of Commerce: liquix
Secretary of Labor: HunterofSkulls
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Commie Chipmunk
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: doctastrangelove1964
Secretary of Transportation: usmarine
Secretary of Energy: Stingray
Secretary of Education: imortal
Secretary of Veterans Affairs: DesertFox
Secretary of Homeland Security: ATG
Yeah, and lowing and ATG will be on the phone with Arlen Specter discussing a "newer and more shiny 'magic bullet' theory".  No thanks, I'll trade blisteringsilence the Presidency for the AG position though and keep everyone in line.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6778|Argentina
The only one giving his viewpoints is Cougar.  Let's make a poll, where every candidate gives his opinion on certain issues and then people will elect them based on that.

The issues could be:
-Illegal aliens: possible solutions.
-War in Iraq: should the coalition stay or should it leave?
-Israel: should US continue the support or not?
-Economy: your ideas
-Terrorism: how do you fight it?  ID cards for every citizen?  Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran.
-Environment: global warming and other issues
-Russia and China: US relation with both of them.
-Social security: should people take care of themselves, and never ask for the government aid?
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6511|Menlo Park, CA
I would love to get things in order in Washington!!

First order of business would be to grab the vodka bottle out of Teddy Kennedy's mouth and shove it up his ass!!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Turquoise or Kmarion. Relatively centrist. Rational.
Agree.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6394|Kyiv, Ukraine
Oh cool...as whatever I'm elected for or appointed as, I will direct my policies as follows, forgive my re-arranging the order for clarity:

Economy - We have been operating under a wartime economy since the end of WW2, spending valuable treasure and lives on excess arsenals that are quickly made obsolete, nuclear weaponry far in excess of what is needed to annihilate the planet, and diverting resources to research valuable technologies where practical and civilian use is just a by-product.  Our economy is 7% made up of direct investment by our own government into military programs with nearly zero accountability.  This is corporate welfare and needs to be drastically reduced for the sake of balancing the budget and the sake of our Republic.  To know peace, we must first divorce easy profit from war.

Our economy is also too heavily dependent on fossil fuels, which are a finite resource, a polluting resource, and located in some of the most hostile lands on this planet.

We are also critically in debt up to our ears.  The combined federal, state, local, corporate, and personal debt that Americans owe to the rest of the world currently sits at just over $1,000,000 PER man, woman, and child.  We have maxed out the credit card, and unless we want to lose our collective shirts for the sake of a few more months or short years of booming corporate profits, we must change this policy slowly but surely.  We have also seen the export of almost 3,000,000 manufacturing jobs to foreign countries in the last 6 years, to be replaced with near-minimum wage retail jobs.  This is the bread, butter, and blood of America being shipped overseas.

War in Iraq - We were lied into this war, and we will now extract ourselves from it.  No permanent bases will be established.  The withdraw will begin immediately and proceed at a safe pace.  In exchange, all sides of the conflict inside Iraq will sign a ceasefire agreement leading to a more permanent peace accord.  Iraq will also be divided into as many states as they choose as reasonable, we will make no further "orders" or install puppet regimes or try to hold together as a nation people that are forced artificially to get along.  The Bosnia/Kosovo peace process will serve as a model for this.

Israel - I can't fathom why we're funding out #1 enemy in the intelligence world.  The Israelis have bullied their neighbors too long knowing that the USA will foot the bill for the carnage.  Foreign aid to a 1st-world country that is not allied with us is also a ridiculous notion.  Israel is hereby removed from the American tit.

Terrorism - Our law enforcement agencies will be consolidated to better fight domestic terror incidents.  Laws suspending our civil liberties that have no useful purpose fighting terror will be repealed.  To the neo-conservatives...sorry guys, you'll need to invent another "war of epic proportions", I got 8 years in this job if elected or appointed, you have plenty of time to come up with something to scare people into giving up their money and freedom.

Illegal Aliens - The buck stops here.  Border security will be bolstered by American troops with combat experience.  Existing illegal aliens in the US need to immediately apply for green cards and have 90 days to do so.  Fines to businesses employing illegals will be brought to $100,000 an alien when caught, and we'll need that revenue to balance our budget.  Wages to legal guest or green card workers will also require the employer pay a tax on their wages equal to 50% of their income.  We'll cut off supply and demand.

Environment - Our air and water are nasty, our addiction to oil is appalling and American needs good jobs and to be the global leader in something else besides "mall shopping".  This is the ticket.  We will make serious investments in the R&D of alternative and clean energy solutions.  Private industry will receive massive tax breaks to manufacture and produce these solutions domestically and especially for the export market.

Social Security - This is now a voluntary program, and your benefits are tax free under this program.

Health and Education - Starting as soon as we can push this program through, every man, woman, and child in the US will be able to take advantage of a universal health care program with a single means-tested co-payment system.  Private care will be your option.  Every American will also be guaranteed means-tested college education so long as they qualify for admission.  Private universities will still be available to those who can afford it.  This should level the playing ground for the average joe considerably.

Russia and China - We will begin buying back our debt from China as soon as we can stabilize our own budget.  I look forward to a partnership that will begin as we come to agreement on human rights issues.  Russia, they can keep playing and will also be our partners in promoting world peace and prosperity, and I hope both will become our best customers for our alternative energy technologies.

The solutions to these seemingly separate problems are easy on paper, but will require a lot of soul-searching to commit, ladies and gentleman, but I am fair.  I'll give a little, I'll take a little, until we fix this mess:

Step 1 - Eliminate the personal income tax, never file another income tax statement.  What you see on your pay stub, you keep 100%.

Step 2 - Implement a national sales tax of 20 to 25% on NEW goods, excluding food produced domestically and second-hand items.  Other tax discounts will apply to goods produced on US soil.

Step 3 - Most vices will become legal and regulated.  Marijuana and its derivatives will be immediately available, but taxed under the scheme above in accordance with tobacco products.  Prostitution will likewise be legalized, with a service tax as above along with routine medical checks paid by the persons themselves.  Cities may pass ordinances restricting these activities to designated zones or placed outside the city.  Any non-violent offenders in prison solely for possession are now pardoned.

Step 4 - Redeploy most of our military back to US soil, the VA will receive a windfall funding to provide for those mustering out for fully funded mental health services and vocational training/housing support.  Active duty military will be on border patrol as needed, with teeth.  No more illegals in or out.

Step 5 - State and Federal universities will begin to be converted to a state-funding model.  More universities will be built and teachers trained as needed, with an emphasis on science and the arts.  Universal healthcare proposals will also be entertained and implemented.

Step 6 - Damn, this got too long...think Roosevelt and Tennessee Valley Authority...you get the idea.

Bottom line
Put America back to work producing real goods with real value
Transform our blind consumer baby culture into a responsible culture
Mitigate those things which turn Americans into debt-slaves
Make America the world leader in science and technology with an eye on the future
Keep America safe and secure while keeping us open to the world
Dominate through superior morality with a real humanist basis and act as an example to the world

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2007-08-01 05:57:29)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6243|Escea

usmarine2005 wrote:

Don't we need like elections first?
We shall seize power by force and rule the world!
MUHAHAHA!

Oryou could use elections, either way I'm good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard