lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6830|Denver colorado

CommieChipmunk wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Never owned a gun or a knife.  Never will either.
didn't see that one coming..
2nd'd
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6338|EsSeX

lavadisk wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Ask the next cop you see. If he says "yes", then knock yourself out.
Just walk up to one without the knife on me I presume.

Theres a swat training center right next to the rec center I go to only a block away.
yeah just go to your local police station and ask, they should give you the full lowdown on if its ok or not

usmarine2005 wrote:

lol who need them when you have an index finger

Last edited by elstonieo (2007-07-26 20:28:49)

agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
don't see why you need to carry a knife...unless your in a really really bad neighbourhood. robbers and thieves will carry knifes so if you want go ahead carry a knife; but remeber you still have to learn how to use it . and besides who needs a knife when you got.....BEAR MACe because hey if it can take out a bear...image what it can do to a human
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280
lava, one thing to be wary of, knife carry is a really big grey area and sometimes cops will exploit that. I'm sure at least a few people here are familiar with the whole "knife blade can't be longer than a hand's width" regulation sometimes quoted by cops or people who've had knives confiscated by cops. In the main, there is no such regulation. Usually it's one of two things: either the cop doesn't think you personally should have one or they think they'd make a better owner for the $190 top-end folder clipped to your pocket.

Don't think quoting the exact statutes regarding knife carry in your area will help you either; if anything it'll probably piss them off because they'll see you as a smartass disrespecting them and treat you accordingly. Be smart, be safe. Don't go flashing it around or otherwise calling attention to it. That's one of the reasons I go for folders instead of fixed-blade knives, they're a lot less conspicuous and you can still carry them in a fashion that doesn't count as "concealed". A two-inch pocket clip draws a lot fewer glances than a nine-inch sheath slapping against your thigh every time you take a step.

My regular carry knives are an Emerson CQC6 and a CRKT Seahawk. I've never had any trouble from anyone for carrying them, but I've also never had to draw them on anything more dangerous than a cardboard box or a plastic bag.

Oh and listen to Parker, the man knows his shit. Get a Tuf-Cloth for that thing just in case the coating gets scratched because steel that high-carbon can and will rust out under the coating without you realizing it until it's too far gone to do anything about it.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6841
yeah legally I can't either but I am, too, responsible to have one...
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
never felt the need to have one, might be fun to learn how to use throwing knives though.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6702|Little Rock, Arkansas

agent146 wrote:

don't see why you need to carry a knife...unless your in a really really bad neighbourhood. robbers and thieves will carry knifes so if you want go ahead carry a knife; but remeber you still have to learn how to use it . and besides who needs a knife when you got.....BEAR MACe because hey if it can take out a bear...image what it can do to a human
At any given time, you'll find at least two knives on me, along with my duty weapon.

I carry this every day:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ … ?model=940

I wouldn't trade it for the world. Though, now that they make it with a new steel, I've been considering getting a new one.

I keep this in my car, in a mount on the center console:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ … odel=10105

I keep this in my belt pouch, along with a welch allyn penlight, and a pair of trauma shears:

http://www.thecollectorsedge.com/prodin … CT0101ORSB

When I'm diving, or engaged in a swiftwater rescue, I keep one of these on the left side of my BC/Vest, and one strapped to my right leg:

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make … bc_er.html

I keep one of these in my glovebox. It's damn useful:

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make … egend.html

And when I go camping or hiking, this is what I wear on my belt:

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make … nessy.html

In short, knives are damn useful tools. But you don't need to stroll around like Jim Bowie. That's just silly. A nice, expensive pocket folder (benchmade, spyder, al mar, boker, some SOG) will last you the rest of your life if you take care of it. My dad has carried the same boker pocket folder for the last 6 years, and the only problem he's had with it is that the brass gets a little tarnished, and he has to get it cleaned.

With knives, you really do get what you pay for. Ask parker.

Hell, now he's going to make fun of me for my choices, so that's only fair.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
Sweet stuff.

Oh, and everyone. Thanks for giving me your opinions. What I'm going to do is wear it around on my belt/in my pocket (same time) around the neighborhood and when I'm just going to the store or walking around the park.

And because it's technically illegal I think I'm not going to take it anywhere where the destination is a public establishment.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

usmarine2005 wrote:

How do you cut up your food?
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6391|fåking denmark
Well, yes I think it's alright, if it is to protect yourself against some who want to kill you or beat you so heavely up that you could die of your wounds ..
[DK]130978
+3|6225|somewhere in Denmark
don't be stupid,someday you might put yourself in a situation,where you gonna use that knife and then regret it the rest of your life,maybe not for stabbing/killing the guy,but for the time you will get in jail
but well,that's just how i feel.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6442|SoCal
No.  Owning a weapon is one thing, but carrying one makes you nothing more than a punk.  What are you gonna do, stab someone?  A lot can be said for keeping yourself out of dangerous situations, but how many times do you hear "Thank God I had my K-Bar;  if I hadn't slit that guy's throat, he may have shot me!"
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6412|Belgium
Irrelevant but I just had to say it,I know allowed and aloud are homophones but you're a native speaker!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6709|th3 unkn0wn

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

How do you cut up your food?
And butter your toast?
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Irrelevant but I just had to say it,I know allowed and aloud are homophones but you're a native speaker!
K.

Oh. and

geNius: processed.
[DK]130978: processed.
Lieutenant_Jensen: Processed.

Kay, I think I'm going to not carry it now.

Remember, there is nobody to be mad at, I made this thread because if I was a 'punk' I wouldn't need anybody's opinion.
[DK]130978
+3|6225|somewhere in Denmark

lavadisk wrote:

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

K.

Oh. and

geNius: processed.
[DK]130978: processed.
Lieutenant_Jensen: Processed.

Kay, I think I'm going to not carry it now.

Remember, there is nobody to be mad at, I made this thread because if I was a 'punk' I wouldn't need anybody's opinion.
good decision +1 for that
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

lavadisk wrote:

Ah, alright then, I guess I can't.

Legal text needs to be easier to read.
If it was easy you wouldn't have lawyers.

Oh and loopholes would be easier to get through.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

You continue to surprise me usmarine. If everyone had the same attitude fights and skirmishes could be decided on who was actually the best fighter! Instead of getting a weapon go out and learn hand to hand combat training and self defense; it will help you more than a weapon will if your opponent gets his gun in your face first. It will also teach you mental and physical discipline as an added bonus.
Dimeyard
+7|6329|Sweden
I think the american weapon laws are insane and stupid.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

lavadisk wrote:

-I'm 16
So you are allowed to carry a knife, designed for killing, 5 years before you are allowed to consume alchohol?!??

In my opinion, no 'civillain' should be allowed to carry around a weapon. Especially knives.
The KA-BAR is a 12-inch fighting and utility knife (7 inches making up the blade) first used by the US Marines in World War II, and carried into battle by generations of Marines since that conflict.
Jesus christ. Your knife is based off a combat knife. A COMBAT KNIFE!

I don't get your country...
Dragonclaw
+186|6305|Florida
Who really needs a knife when you can go and learn martial arts or something? Kicking someones ass is better than castrating them.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6344|New York
JG1567JG
+110|6588|United States of America
I have been carrying a Gerber Gator with a serrated blade damn near everyday for the last 10 years.  Similar to this.  I have never thought of it as a weapon, but more of a tool.  On days that I work I probably use it 50 to 100 times and on days that I don't I end up using a really cheep folding knife with a serrated blade 50 to 100 times for something or another. Before 9-11 I was able to fly on a plane with it.  I had airport security take it out of the case and half way open it and measure it against his hand, put it back in the case and handed it back to me. I asked if it was ok and he said "ya" that he thought it was longer than it was.  Fucking Terrorists!  Now I have to put my knife in checked luggage and rely on my keys sticking between the fingers of my fist  if some crazy fucks try to hijack a plane.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-07-27 06:53:57)

herrr_smity
+156|6628|space command ur anus
only idiots carry weapons
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
It's perfectly alright.  I brought mine with me when I went up to Baltimore recently (my mom was even O.K. with it).  It gives you good piece of mind when some weird black guy is walking down the sidewalk calling everyone who looks a him an "ignorant mothafucka".

I myself have this one:
http://www.gerbergear.com/product.php?model=1493

My blade is gunmetal though, not silver.  Got it for 20 bucks at Sports Authority.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-07-27 07:05:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard