G3 (Assault Vanilla) and G36C (Spec Ops Vanilla)24%24% - 12
G3 (Assault Vanilla) and M95 (Sniper Vanilla)8%8% - 4
G36C (Spec Ops Vanilla) and MP-7 (Engineer SF)4%4% - 2
G36C (Spec Ops Vanilla) and SCAR L (Spec Ops SF)12%12% - 6
G36C (Spec Ops Vanilla) and M95 (Sniper Vanilla)20%20% - 10
M95 (Sniper Vanilla) and MP-7 (Engineer SF)6%6% - 3
Total: 49
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)
I've just made Gunnery Seargent, so I'm wondering what to spend my unlocks on...

(oh, and before anyone says anything - what would you rather - that I post the same poll twice - once in BF2 - Help! and once in BF2:SF - Help - or that I post it only once (here) and for it to be slightly 'off-topic' 'cos it's talking about SF unlocks as well as Vanilla (Core (whatever))?)

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-12-20 19:48:28)

REDTEAM
Banned
+0|6735|Pleasanton,CA
It not vanilla
IT CALLED CORE
CORE bf2

any way unlock the G3 and M95

Last edited by REDTEAM (2005-12-20 19:37:18)

WylotheUber
+0|6740
I'd go for G3 and G36C; both of 'em are good, solid weapons, and the G3 (for some reason) seems to totally own in SF. Maybe SF armor is lighter...

Anyhoo, if you snipe on MEC/PLA/SVD-using-team but prefer the USMC weapon, get the G3/M95.

Edit: And what's wrong with Vanilla BF2 instead of Core BF2? I use the term vanilla more than core...

Last edited by WylotheUber (2005-12-20 20:25:03)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6739|Debris From Space
Please don't call it vanilla. It's a friggin war game, not a gay desert. Just call it "BF2". Yes, we can tell the difference between the two acronyms "BF2" and "SF".  You missed the G36E off the list, and you don't want the SCAR gun, although it's slightly more accurate than the G36C some people are saying they are better off with G36C. Go for G3 and F2000.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

idiotofwar wrote:

Please don't call it vanilla. It's a friggin war game, not a gay desert. Just call it "BF2". Yes, we can tell the difference between the two acronyms "BF2" and "SF".  You missed the G36E off the list, and you don't want the SCAR gun, although it's slightly more accurate than the G36C some people are saying they are better off with G36C. Go for G3 and F2000.
Well, I think it's 'gay' to use the word 'gay' to complain about using a word like 'vanilla' - everybody knows what it means - you know what means - what the fuck does it matter if it's a plant used as a flavouring in many of the most delicious food items?

And if you'd taken the effort to click my sig, you'd have seen that I didn't include the G36E 'cos I've already unlocked the G36E! I would have been pretty damn pointless setting a poll asking people if I should unlock the unlocks I already had - hence also no Jackhammer, no L85A1, no PKM, no MG36 and no DAO-12.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-12-21 15:17:38)

trackstarr
+18|6713|Swing and a miss
What should i get For just regular bf2   

i already have the Assault   and  im not sure to get the Sniper,SpecOps, Engineer, Medic, Or Anti Tank
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

trackstarr wrote:

What should i get For just regular bf2   

i already have the Assault   and  im not sure to get the Sniper,SpecOps, Engineer, Medic, Or Anti Tank
Out of the one's I have unlocked (Engineer, Medic, and Anti-Tank), I would say Medic - it's a very good all round gun - but it depends what you play, and how you play it - the medic gun is great for medium-long range, not so good close-in, the AntiTank unlock is great close in but not so good at long range (though it's often worth trying at medium range, 'cos you can some very broken kills with it) and the Engineer unlock is very similar (great close in, crap long range, kinda broken at times at medium range). If you've not got the support unlock, that's very cool against most vehicles - emptying it into the back of chinese transport 'copters is one of my favourite tactics in bf2 vanilla...
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
the G36C is pretty solid.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Rochambeau1218
+0|6706
G36C and the MG36
trackstarr
thanks

i do play as a medic from time to time but i picked up one of the peoples medic gun and it was crap  to me

i think ill get the spec ops or the sniper
G3|Tren
+0|6762
G36C is key. I highly recommend that. I personally dislike the G3 (no noob tube) and the F2000 (takes too long to switch from noob tube to gun), although some people love the F2000.

M95 Sucks, not worth it.

Mp7 is OK not too great thou.

Out of your choices I would pick the G3 and G36C.
shellshox345
+4|6705
I don't know about all the other weapons, but deffinitly unlock the G36C, my avrage score shot up after getting it.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)
Thanks all for the input - have now decided - went slightly against the poll results ([Edit:]At the time I chose them), but with the general direction of the posts and unlocked the G3 and G36C - am not at all disapointed - both guns do indeed rock...

Admins: I'm happy for you to close this thread if you want... though can people still vote if it's closed? - it might be worth leaving a while to see where the poll settles...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-12-31 20:03:27)

Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
You must get the F2000 next .. fierce gun! I love killing 3 people in a clip with F2000.. Rambo stylee! Should probably get the MP7 and F2000 next.. If you like engineer and want to be a big more usefull at mid range. MP7 fires a clip so fast... The SCAR is cool but the G36C is pretty good too. M95 is cool but M24 is just as good .. depends if you play sniper lots on other teams.

Last edited by Opiate (2005-12-31 13:11:18)

trackstarr
im deffinatly getting the spec ops gun
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

trackstarr wrote:

im deffinatly getting the spec ops gun
The G36C? Nice gun - have been road testing it recently - very very nice gun - actually all the G36s are very nice guns.
trackstarr
i need to know what is a great strategy for strike at karkaland
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6742|Rochester, NY
G36C is a great gun, but I die alot as Spec-Ops because of armor and carbine are short for distances. Definitely getting the G36E next rank.
trackstarr
be a medic for us its easy to get used to   just run around healing people and leaving med packs
chizzer7
+0|6700
hey does anyone know how to play ranked games just on bf2, not the expansion pack? when i filter the ranked games for only bf2, only 1 server comes up with 16 people and its always full, could ya help me out, cuz i dont like playing unranked games
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6749|Aus

idiotofwar wrote:

Please don't call it vanilla. It's a friggin war game, not a gay desert.
Your a gay desert!

What's wrong with vanilla, you'd think that chocolate would be gay if anything.
get an F2000, c'mon you'll never use whatever you unlock!

In regards to extra vanilla BF2, you mean with SF unlocks disabled, right?
If the answer is yes, you'll need to rent your own server, then you can switch them off.
trackstarr
for ranked games it should have a  sign like a rank on the left

Sargent rank thing on there and un ranked  there would be nothing there
Guttridge
+0|6700
if anything id say G3 (Assault Vanilla) and MP-7 (Engineer SF) g3 kicks ass period! and the MP7 is great for close quarters! if anyone disagrees they havent tried the gun properly
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

chizzer7 wrote:

hey does anyone know how to play ranked games just on bf2, not the expansion pack? when i filter the ranked games for only bf2, only 1 server comes up with 16 people and its always full, could ya help me out, cuz i dont like playing unranked games
Don't use the filters - they don't work, they've never worked, they're crap.

If you want a server that's guaranteed to be ranked put 'EA Official' into the servername box and hit enter (you can further reduce the number of servers you get by also searching on country code - so if you're in the UK enter 'EA UK Official').

hope this helps...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6729|Riva, MD
G3 and F2000.  The G3 does good damage, and is pretty accurate on automatic.  Plus it makes a cool sound when you fire it.  It makes a very strong and distinctive sound so you might give away your position but you'll probably be using the F2000 anyway.  The F2000 does less damage than the AK-47 and G3, but more than the M16A2 and AK-101.  It is more accurate than all of them but it's accuracy is not as good as the L85A1 to describe it.  The undermounted grenade launcher launches the shells higher, and henceforth potentially farther than the beginning grenade launchers.  It doesn't make that much recoil.  If you play more for stealth, this is a good weapon because it also makes very little sound.  It has a scope so if you switch to semi, this is kind of good except the scope is very crappy and misleading because for one thing the crosshairs are incomplete in the middle of the scope but you can pretty much tell where the center is anyway, and you may have the middle of the scope right on the enemy where it SHOULD hit, but surprisingly, it misses the target.  It's better than ironsights though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard