lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
Do not expect any protection from democrats if you report suspecious behavior. Ya know, the kind that might have prevented 911?

Read on:

"Homeland Security: Despite overwhelming support in and out of Congress, legal protection for airline passengers who report suspicious behavior is being blocked by Democratic leaders. Wasn't one 9/11 enough for them? "
http://www.investors.com/editorial/edit … 4091134203

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-23 16:47:15)

l41e
+677|6657

Protection from what?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
I gotta say, the law as it was written was bad.

It should be more like; no  lawsuits against those convicted of terrorism, or if more than one person reported the event.

If more than one person became concerned then obviously the terrorist bastard Muslims were acting in an egregious manner.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

k30dxedle wrote:

Protection from what?
Why your typical ACLU lawyers and their bombardment of civil lawsuits that would surely follow from reporting suspicious behavior of course.

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-23 17:04:09)

l41e
+677|6657

The ACLU will sue for anything. Give up with legislation and build a cage.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6242|Albion

lowing wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Protection from what?
Why your typical ACLU lawyers and their bombardment of civil lawsuits that would surely follow from reporting suspicious behavior of course.
i've got to say that i wonder at the mind who can think "well they could be terrorists plotting the murder of thousands but if i say something it might cost me money so bugger that."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vernedead wrote:

lowing wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Protection from what?
i've got to say that i wonder at the mind who can think "well they could be terrorists plotting the murder of thousands but if i say something it might cost me money so bugger that."
Obviously you do not live in America, the land of frivolous lawsuits, aimed at taking something from some one that has something you were too lazy to go earn yourself.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6242|Albion
even so you'd balance the probable results of the lawsuit against the possible results of a terrorist attack and decide that, on balance, its better to keep quiet?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vernedead wrote:

even so you'd balance the probable results of the lawsuit against the possible results of a terrorist attack and decide that, on balance, its better to keep quiet?
Of course not, but this bill would prevent that issue from being considered by someone trying to do the right thing.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6242|Albion
well then whats the problem? the lack of protection won't stop people from reporting suspicious behaviour and if they get it wrong the people the've just had detained on false charges will be enable to enact just compensation.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Vernedead wrote:

well then whats the problem? the lack of protection won't stop people from reporting suspicious behaviour and if they get it wrong the people the've just had detained on false charges will be enable to enact just compensation.
JUST COMPENSATION??!! Ya, ya just missed the wholllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee point.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
Stereotyping and prejudice Ftw.
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
you get me kicked off a plane becuase you think I look like a terrorist, I'll sue your ass six ways from fucking Sunday.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

you get me kicked off a plane because you think I look like a terrorist, I'll sue your ass six ways from fucking Sunday.
Then I suggest you do not get on a plane and act in a behavior that is out of the ordinary for people traveling, because I promise you, in flight I will be a part of any action that does more than report your ass, especially if I am traveling with my family.

But in your case, I would probably make up some shit.

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-23 18:44:51)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Stereotyping and prejudice Ftw.
Wow, a new record!! it only took 2 pages to be called predjudice/racist about an otherwise undefendable topic. I forget serge, which number was that on my list of how to be a good liberal?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

lowing wrote:

Do not expect any protection from democrats if you report suspecious behavior. Ya know, the kind that might have prevented 911?
Then don't expect that kind of protection from the republicans. Ya know, the ones who were in power at the time.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6288

lowing wrote:

Then I suggest you do not get on a plane and act in a behavior that is out of the ordinary for people traveling, because I promise you, in flight I will be a part of any action that does more than report your ass, especially if I am traveling with my family.
LOL, yeah, ease up there Mr. McClane. I'm sure just your imposing presence alone would be enough to cow any potential evildoers into inaction.

lowing wrote:

But in your case, I would probably make up some shit.
In which case you'd be responsible for tying up resources supposedly in place to protect people in the name of your own petty bullshit as well as establishing proof positive why people should still have legal recourse against someone falsely accusing them of suspicious activity.

Oh but I'm sure the terrorists will play along with the game and only use people who are dark-skinned with great big fucking beards who can't speak anything but Arabic and aren't disciplined enough to keep from acting suspicious. Profiling fails because the moment the profile is established, the badguys will start using people that don't fit the profile and will easily sneak by such security measures.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA

k30dxedle wrote:

Protection from what?
If you report someone to the police or FBI for suspicious activity, like what the Flying Imams did, then they will sue you for all you are worth.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570
What's with all the Democrat bashing lowing?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6528|Πάϊ
So what would you define as "suspicious behavior" lowing? I'm curious honestly. What would a man/ woman have to look like and what would he/she have to do to evoke suspicion?

After you answer, ask 10 people the same thing. I bet you'll see why this would not work.
ƒ³
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6288

Harmor wrote:

If you report someone to the police or FBI for suspicious activity, like what the Flying Imams did, then they will sue you for all you are worth.
Suspicious activity. You know, like speaking or praying in foreign languages, wearing foreign clothing, or generally fitting the stereotype of "terrorist" that wanna-be sky marshals have jammed in their hops-and-cheetos-clogged brain matter.

Sure, let's make it consequence-free for every dumbass that's ever going to travel by air or even leave the comfort of their double-wide for long enough to go to the local mini-mart and stock up on pork rinds and Hamm's to tie up our all-ready overtaxed and misdirected national security. Let's let there be no penalties at all for someone to essentially prank-call Homeland Security every time they they think they've uncovered a nefarious plot against America that turns out to be Abdul Ben-NobodyOfConsequence calling home to ask his wife if he needs to pick up milk on the way home.

Better yet, when all this nonsense clogs up the system enough that a real attack slips through, let's blame the liberals for being the ones who tied the hands of national security.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Bubbalo wrote:

God forbid......like it never happens the other way around.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570

usmarine2005 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

God forbid......like it never happens the other way around.
There are occasionally thread on Republicans, yes.  But lowing seems to be bombarding the forums with anti-Democrat threads.  I'm curious as to whether there's a reason.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm curious as to whether there's a reason.
Playing "catch-up" maybe?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard