LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6680|Charlie One Alpha
Okay, I've wondered about this  ever since I got bf2.

Why the HELL does EVERY map have the USMC?
Why is there not ONE map that has China vs MEC?

Is it that the American players can't stand to play anything else than themselves or something? That's the only reason I can think of, but doesn't seem very likely.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2005-12-20 16:51:07)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
why doesn't it seem likely? it is an ideological decision, pure and simple. it goes hand in hand with the fact that there are only maps in China and the Middle East, but none on American soil, which would be an interesting and refreshing change to play.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-12-20 17:00:10)

Possum61
+9|6719|Philly PA USA
The USA # 1 Superpower............We should Termo Nuke the rest of the world that bitchs about us all the time   
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
That's not what this topic is about you 'tard. It's about why the USA has to be in every map.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
rofl
and then thermo nuke yerselves because of all the internal dissent?

btw - just so no-one misconstrues my comments: i am not being anti-american, just saying that its boring to just do the whole 'america fights here, america fights there' thing... it's a game after all, it need not be stilted by such trivial concerns as 'we cannot depict america getting invaded'

i am interested tho: can anyone think up a scenario that involves only PLA vs MEC? where would they fight/why?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
buy spec forces then
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
I have spec forces. But I was talking about BF2 vanilla. Why can't we just have MEC fighting China?
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
i think everyone is determined to misunderstand you ninja...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
It would seem so.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6694|New Hampshire
The USA puts its thumbs in everyones business - the reason there isn't a battle on US soil is because there hasn't been one here since Pearl Harbor.  Also, the US has pissed off China, and the US has pissed off the middle east, but I can't think of one instance where China and the Middle East were at each others throats...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
But it's a GAME for cryin out loud! If there's purple bunnies in a crate then there should be MEC fighting China. Maybe over the purple bunnies. I don't know.
LouisTheLizard
+0|6679
Just a stab here, but maybe it's because they both have a lot of the same vehicles.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
Hey yeah, what's up with that?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6808
IDK, To give you a 50/50 chance of being a good guy? also if china fought mec who'd care even if they both lost?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
i understand you, i mentioned spec forces because you clearly have a prob with usa on all the maps in bf2

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-12-20 17:28:33)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
No no no, that's not quite true. I'd like to see some maps where the USA is not involved, in BF vanilla.
I know SF has maps without the USA, but as far as I'm concerned SF is a completely different game.

Also, why is USA the 'good guy'? It's a fictional war game people. Maybe the US started the whole thing, and China is actually the good guy.
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

Horseman 77 wrote:

IDK, To give you a 50/50 chance of being a good guy? also if china fought mec who'd care even if they both lost?
someone from CHINA maybe, that doesn't see itself as a "bad guy"? Or someone from the MIddle East, who plays the game?? 50/50 chance of being a "goog guy"? jesus dude...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
lol oberst_eznian, I feel really honored to be in you sig!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
I think EA has 2 reasons to do so:
1-The US market is very important in sales for the canadian dudes.
2-US gets its nose in every dam war so when there is a war generally US is there.  Besides there never was at least from the beggining of XX century till today a war between China and any muslin country, and you still have BF SF.
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6674
your dumb the chinese and mec are on same side!!!!!!!!!! duh!
Demadin
+0|6798
Because thats the way liberal businesses are america, wants to kill everyone, now go take your zoloft and be a good boy!!!
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

[BambiKillerz]Brian wrote:

since when? what have I missed? why would the MEC ally with communists?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

Do u really think that?
Cmon, China is noones side, except China side.  China is a monster growing in a form u cant imagine and it will domain the world in few years, although you dont believe it, cos it has turned into a market economy with the worst paid worker in the world, so if u make your maths they are winning.  Every dam thing I buy comes from China and it cost half the price than other countries.  And the quality of their products have improved 1000 times since the 80s.  So this war goes for em.  They re not interested in getting involved in real war, they will conquer with their giant economy.  In fact, I dont know what they are doing in BF2.  Perhaps Russia would be more adecuate for the game.
LouisTheLizard
+0|6679

MEC is fictional dude.  There's no such thing.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6760|Singapore

Who gives a DAMN?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard