delxd
+0|6132
Hello , im having some problems with battlefield 2 , im crashing to desktop when i hit "Join Server" untill yesterday battlefield was working just fine for me , i begun to have these issues today.. i figured it could be PunkBuster , so i downloaded pbsetup and updated.. it said all updates avaliables were been applied. OK then i went to BF2 again and it still crashed.. ok i asked my friend to send me his pb folder.. then i replaced it for mine.. ok it still crashed.. i deleted my pb folder and installed again and updated through pbsetup and one more time it crashed!
so i came here to ask u guys help to what could be wrong with my battlefield 2 , cause i rlly dont want to reinstall it!
if someone can help me , thanks!
i want to reinstall just as last option!
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia
Ignoring WhiteStain for his completely unhelpful comment (), I used to have this problem. I can suggest one way to fix it, but I don't know if it will work anymore.

Firstly don't have "Auto Ready" ticked.
When the game finishes loading, that is the Join Now button appears, keep clicking on the Auto Ready box. If you here a slight beep everytime you click on it, then you can safely hit Join Now. If it doesn't beep, then don't hit Join Now because it will crash. Wait a while and try again.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Vub (2007-07-22 06:05:23)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6334|England

Vub wrote:

Ignoring WhiteStain for his completely unhelpful comment (), I used to have this problem. I can suggest one way to fix it, but I don't know if it will work anymore.

When the game finishes loading, that is the Join Now button appears, keep clicking on the Auto Ready box. If you here a slight beep everytime you click on it, then you can safely hit Join Now. If it doesn't beep, then don't hit Join Now because it will crash. Wait a while and try again.

Hope that helps.
I have to do this Mine will still CTD ingame every now and then though
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia

ShadowStalker_fx wrote:

Vub wrote:

Hope that helps.
I have to do this Mine will still CTD ingame every now and then though
Yeah, mine does too. I just sigh and get over it, I mean if I take it out on my computer, I'll be left without any method to play BF2 at all. The CTD on clicking the Join Now button did get fixed a little with the newest patch, but once in a while it still does it.
delxd
+0|6132

WhiteStain wrote:

Did you try SEARCH?

Remove disk from drive. Grab hammer. Smash to pieces. /end
Yeah i did try search what i found was to update my Punbuster what didnt solve my problems , and no , thanks im not going to Smash My Disk , and i dont use My Disk to run the game i use a Mini Image.

Vub wrote:

Hope that helps.
Auto ready is not ticked! never used that option!
ill just re install that and see if it works!
sniperintheopen23
+6|6197
happens to me like 1 time every month.
ToughGuy#3
+2|6166

sniperintheopen23 wrote:

Kind of like a period?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6450|SoCal
I'm sure there's a fairly simple fix lurking around somewhere, but everyone I know that has had this problem has fixed it with a reinstall.  Each time, the "CTD on join" problem started randomly and with no system changes.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6398|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

ToughGuy#3 wrote:

sniperintheopen23 wrote:

Kind of like a period?
l0l
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6146