Poll

Are you a Christian?

I would like to be 50% 50% - 157 50% 50% - 157
I don't want anything to do with that! 55% 55% - 174 44% 44% - 140
Total: 314
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6571|CH/BR - in UK

baptized a christian, proud to be an aetheist though, I just can't believe that anything would want us to worship us...except some kind of dictator, in which case I wouldn't want to...
Sea_JayUK
+19|6544|Notts
I was a Christian, because my father is one. I was brought up that way, 'we inherit the religion of our fathers'.

however if you look into Christianity, or any other major religion for that matter, you begin to understand that the stories are mearly metaphors for what we don't understand. the problems occur when we start to believe that our metaphors are based in truth. 'God' did not destroy all living life with a flood. Woman was not created from Adams rib, there was no garden of Eden, tree of knowledge and Adam and Eves great great grandson was not the first man to make tools out of iron and bronze', we know this now.

I honestly cannot say if there is a 'god' because i have not defined the term 'god' to myself yet. I cannot call myself Christian, becasue i am unable to believe stories are true, but i live my life as best i can with empathy for all living things (cept armour whores).

I'm going on a bit now, sorry. I'll finish with;

No I'm not Christian, but I'll still forgive you if you TK me.
MOG Disciple
+8|6539|Wisconsin

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

No sorry I'm not, and I don't believe in god. I never regretted that.
You wont regrett it untill you die.  ( opps too late HELL forever )
MOG Disciple
+8|6539|Wisconsin
Can we get something strait GOD is always Capitalized.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576
I was raised as a catholic and came to my senses as a teenager. I'm sorry but logic, reason and common sense won out over dated well-meaning fairytales for me. I'm proud to be an atheist but if others want to believe in god then that's fair enough as long as they aren't hurting anybody.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-24 14:45:03)

Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6553
How can you watch the ocean or the birth of a baby and not believe in God?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

Battlefield2Player wrote:

With ease. There is no higher being or creator just enigmas that science will eventually explain (provided humans don't become extinct).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-24 14:55:05)

-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6578|Oslo, Norway

So you believe in the evolution theory?  If men came from apes and monkeys back then, why aren't they coming from them today?
Don't be ridiculous!
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6624|Philadelphia, PA
Someone else already said this but ill repeat it.

If Homosexuality is wrong. Then why would GOD create gay people?

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-24 15:28:31)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6571|CH/BR - in UK

MOG Disciple wrote:

Can we get something strait GOD is always Capitalized.
why? i understand that u usually capitalize fictional charackters out of books, but we're not in some kinda spelling contest here, and just because it's a best seller doesn't make it special....
- wasn't sure about posting this, deleted it the first time around...
[edit]

Simply because there is a fully plausible scientific explanation for both. The bible, however, is not plausible in any of it's explanations.

Last edited by Konfusion0 (2006-06-24 15:33:08)

JaMDuDe
+69|6798

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Someone else already said this but ill repeat it.

If Homosexuality is wrong. Then why would GOD create gay people?
I dont think anyone is 100% sure why people are gay, but if u believe its genetics then how do u explain them evolving? Homosexuality doesnt reproduce and it should have worked its way out by now.

Lawk wrote:

Religion sucks.
Amen. Religions blow. Guess what my answer is.
j5f5ff
+11|6771

deject wrote:

I am.  *waits for flames*
lol.   Headed for the place with flames eh?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6730|Wilmington, DE, US
Hey guys, it's not global warming, it's only because the end times have started.

I look at the ocean and see a huge body of water.

When I see a baby being born, I think of the steps from becoming an embryo to a fetus to a small child as he/she pushes his way out of his mothers bloody vagina.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-06-24 16:40:40)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
Babies are pretty obnoxious. If god existed they wouldn't be so obnoxious
chuuby
+19|6639
who really cares
dc_involved
+13|6551

Sea_JayUK wrote:

I was a Christian, because my father is one. I was brought up that way, 'we inherit the religion of our fathers'.

however if you look into Christianity, or any other major religion for that matter, you begin to understand that the stories are mearly metaphors for what we don't understand. the problems occur when we start to believe that our metaphors are based in truth. 'God' did not destroy all living life with a flood. Woman was not created from Adams rib, there was no garden of Eden, tree of knowledge and Adam and Eves great great grandson was not the first man to make tools out of iron and bronze', we know this now.

I honestly cannot say if there is a 'god' because i have not defined the term 'god' to myself yet. I cannot call myself Christian, becasue i am unable to believe stories are true, but i live my life as best i can with empathy for all living things (cept armour whores).

I'm going on a bit now, sorry. I'll finish with;

No I'm not Christian, but I'll still forgive you if you TK me.
Well said.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
What if God were one of us?
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6553
That's all you see/think about when you witness those things?  How do you believe a "huge body of water" could continuously flow, back and forth, for so long without a God, or higher being?  Have you ever witnessed the birth of a baby?  It's one of the most amazing experiences anyone could have.  And to say "there is no creator" after watching either of these just... blows my mind.

Anyone with their eyes open would realize there *MUST* be a God.

Last edited by Battlefield2Player (2006-06-24 16:56:02)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6666
I'am too there is no yes lol
dc_involved
+13|6551

The idea of a god is not what troubles most people...like me.

Its christianity in general thats the problem. Telling people that Jesus came to absolve our sins and all we need do is believe in him as such to be given eternal life - Cop out, big time.

The way I look at any religion is this. We are gods creatures right? And he loves us? But in order to maintain that love we must think a certain way. What about someone in a tribe in a jungle thats never heard of your "right" way? Do they never get to know the love of god? Are they condemned from birth?

If there is a god he loves us unconditionally.
dc_involved
+13|6551

That's all you see/think about when you witness those things?  How do you believe a "huge body of water" could continuously flow, back and forth, for so long without a God, or higher being?  Have you ever witnessed the birth of a baby?  It's one of the most amazing experiences anyone could have.  And to say "there is no creator" after watching either of these just... blows my mind.

A huge body of water i.e. the sea flows back and forth because of the gravitational pull of the moon.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576

Are you for real? Are you taking the piss or something. The seas ebb back and forth because of the gravitational pull of the moon. The birth of a baby occurs approximately nine months after one human being releases seminal fluid into the vagina of another human being. They aren't exactly miracles!!!! Sometimes I despair!

My eyes are wide open. I am a fully self aware well educated human being.

Yes I do believe in the evolution theory. You obviously haven't exactly read up on it given the fact your statement above seems to suggest monkeys 'turn into' humans at a certain point!!! LOL. I suppose you believe dinosaurs are some huge anti-christian conspiracy theory!!

Seriously I think Battlefield2Player is a troll trying to wind rational posters up.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-24 18:05:38)

JaMDuDe
+69|6798
Cameron you gotta "open your eyes" a little more. Its not the gravitational pull of the moon makes the oceans move, its that gravity is perfectly tweaked so that the moon which is just the right size can move the oceans that are just big enough so that life can live better in a planet that is made for life. And according to science, the big bang is the best explanation for how the universe came to be so it was most likely a one shot deal for all the physical laws and constants to be perfect.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-06-24 18:26:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard