Poll

Are you a Christian?

I would like to be 50% 50% - 157 50% 50% - 157
I don't want anything to do with that! 55% 55% - 174 44% 44% - 140
Total: 314
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6714|Wigan an proud of it mate !

Marconius wrote:

Judge, this isn't the part of the forums to talk BF2.  The whole reason this section exists is so people can talk about other things...specifically serious issues.  If you don't want to talk serious, please stay in the BF2 Chatter areas.

This thread should have died a long time ago, methinks...all in favor of a close?
Ah yeah, "defuckingbate and serious talk" forum..... my bad... Not that there should even be a debate and serious talk section on a BF site.

Less talk, more lead................
BVC
+325|6755
Athiest.
HM1{N}
+86|6704|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

=SoG=PredatoR wrote:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Proud to be a Christian.
Right there with you.
Amen +1
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6770
Somebody gave me a link in a karma message o-O http://christiananswers.net/directry.html

It doesn't answer my question. Why should I believe? Oh, and saying masturbation is sinful is stupid.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6688|IRELAND

Atheist.
But I believe in live and let live. If someone wants to believe in God, Allah, Buddha, whatever, so be it. As long as it isn't pushed down my throat I don't care. Don't like this Christian bashing for the sake of Christian bashing to make yourself look "enlightened" bullshit.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6852
What does it mean to be a Christian?  Do you have to go to church?  If so, how regularly?  Is it enough to follow the 10 commandments?  If I see a Samaritan on the other side of the road, do I have to go help him?

I think I'm a Christian as I do try to follow the big 10 but as for church, it's weddings and funerals only.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6852

BornToKill67 wrote:

DR-BLAZ wrote:

Marconius wrote:

I'm a moderately anti-religious Atheist, or a Strong Atheist.  Raised as a catholic, started thinking for myself around age 14 or so
My experience is very similar to Marconius. There's nothing like Catholicism to drive a person away. So, I'm an atheist. Other fantastical things I don't believe, in addition to deities, include the tooth ferry, global warming as a result of human activity, easter bunny, santa claus, sprites, ferries, gray men, chupacabras, big foot, and the like.
I'm exacly like these guys.
I'm with you on most of those things but sprites?  I thought that was a computing term.

Oh and ferries, they really do exist - here's some examples: http://www.forcesholidays.com/ferries/d … erries.jpg

(yeah, I know, you meant fairies)
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6582
Yes I am.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6617|Oslo, Norway
No, I'm whats called "smart".

Humanity have been existing for a long, long time, and we haven't jet stopped believing that BS?! Thats one of many things that makes me embarrassed being a human!

Last edited by -Solv3r- (2006-06-23 09:41:41)

MOG Disciple
+8|6578|Wisconsin
I am proud to be a Born again Christian.

WhiteStain said,
"Hell no I don't believe any thing the damn bible says. It's all lies, conspiracies and bullshit.
Organized religion sucks. The only thing you need to believe in is yourself, and not rely on some shit a bunch of ass clowns made up."

What if you are wrong and the Bible is true and Jesus did die on the cross for YOU!!! and Satin is waiting in hell for you.  You might say hell sounds ok however from what my God says about hell, I want nothing to do with it. 

Psa 9:17  "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
Psa 116:3  "The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell got hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow."
Mar 9:43  "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched"
Luk 16:23  "And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."
2Pe 2:4  "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"
Rev 20:14  "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Jesus died on the cross for your sins and every time you sin you are nailing him once again to that cross.

Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

John 3:16 " For God so loved you that he died on the cross for your sins so that you might have eternal life with Him in Heaven. 

Even before you were born Christ died for you.
How awesome is that.

“God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8)

In Acts the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas “what must I do to be saved?” And they said,
“believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.”

How dose one become born again, simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sins and died in your place so that you may have eternal life with Him in heaven.  What a great gift! All you need to do is pray.

Heavenly Father I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you sent your only Son to take my place when He died on the cross.  I believe that His shed blood, death, and resurrection were for me.  Jesus I thank you for your gift of salvation, and ask you to come into my life, and make me a new creation.    AMEN

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
(Eph 2:8)

“Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
(Eph 2:9)
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6600

MOG Disciple wrote:

WhiteStain said,
"Hell no I don't believe any thing the damn bible says. It's all lies, conspiracies and bullshit.
Organized religion sucks. The only thing you need to believe in is yourself, and not rely on some shit a bunch of ass clowns made up."

What if you are wrong and the Bible is true and Jesus did die on the cross for YOU!!! and Satin is waiting in hell for you.  You might say hell sounds ok however from what my God says about hell, I want nothing to do with it. 

Psa 9:17  "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
Psa 116:3  "The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell got hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow."
Mar 9:43  "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched"
Luk 16:23  "And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."
2Pe 2:4  "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"
Rev 20:14  "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Jesus died on the cross for your sins and every time you sin you are nailing him once again to that cross.

Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

John 3:16 " For God so loved you that he died on the cross for your sins so that you might have eternal life with Him in Heaven. 

How awesome is that.

In Acts the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas “what must I do to be saved?” And they said,

How dose one become born again, simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sins and died in your place so that you may have eternal life with Him in heaven.  What a great gift! All you need to do is pray.

Heavenly Father I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you sent your only Son to take my place when He died on the cross.  I believe that His shed blood, death, and resurrection were for me.  Jesus I thank you for your gift of salvation, and ask you to come into my life, and make me a new creation.    AMEN

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”

AMEN BROTHER JESUS IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
topal63
. . .
+533|6778

=TFF=Omen_NataS wrote:

MOG Disciple wrote:

WhiteStain said,

How awesome is that.

AMEN BROTHER JESUS IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can prove your faith, miracles, God & God Power in nearly an instant,

Pray or form a prayer-group or even a world-wide prayer group. . .

All you need to do is pray for one, just one, soldier returning from Iraq, who has lost a limb. It doesn’t matter if it is a leg, an arm or even just one finger.

Pray for that one limb (or finger) to be re-grown, restored, this is not a mechanical limb nor a graft of someone else’s limb made at the hands of a physician, but a natural-limb restored by the hand God, through the power of prayer - and since it is a limb and not a cancer nor a disease that the body might have fought off on it's own anyway. This limb would confirm to everyone (to yourself as well) that such power is real, that miracles, super-nature & god exist within this Universe.

Well I don’t know about you, but I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this one first & true miracle to happen.
ATC
+58|6804|...
Some of you guys think hell is cool. No. Pain beyond your imagination. And guess what? It NEVER ends. What if you are wrong and we are right, doesn't that possibility freak you out. Forever pain, not even stopping for one second. Go ahead, bash the Christians, but IF we are right, which i really DO believe WE are.  It'll be painful for most of you. Just think... What if I am wrong? What if?
topal63
. . .
+533|6778

Aslan_the_Creator wrote:

Some of you guys think hell is cool. No. Pain beyond your imagination. And guess what? It NEVER ends. What if you are wrong and we are right, doesn't that possibility freak you out. Forever pain, not even stopping for one second. Go ahead, bash the Christians, but IF we are right, which i really DO believe WE are.  It'll be painful for most of you. Just think... What if I am wrong? What if?
You already have a simple scenario outlined to prove it. . . supernature is waiting for your prayer requests right now - the super-nature hotline to God is open. . .

Last edited by topal63 (2006-06-23 10:25:49)

MOG Disciple
+8|6578|Wisconsin
Miracles happen every day small and big ones we just sometimes don't recognize them. Keep praying
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6592

tehmoogles wrote:

Nope, of course not. Why would I believe in a magical mystical being who somehow created the universe? Why would I believe a long story written in about 300AD?
FAITH.  In every religion, you must have that one characteristic.  I truly believe that God sent His one and only Son to die for, not only my sins, but for everyone in this world's.  You do know that the wages of sin is DEATH, right?

Why would I believe in God, after all the SHIT that happens to this Earth? Why did he let the tsunami happen? Why did he let Hitler kill the Jews? Why, if He/She/It does not advocate gays or gay marriage, WHY would he create people who are gay? Answer me that.
God gave men free will and things happen for a reason -- even if we don't know exactly what that reason is right now.

Last edited by Battlefield2Player (2006-06-23 10:34:41)

topal63
. . .
+533|6778

MOG Disciple wrote:

Miracles happen every day small and big ones we just sometimes don't recognize them. Keep praying
One finger. . . just one
MOG Disciple
+8|6578|Wisconsin
Why would I believe in God, after all the SHIT that happens to this Earth? Why did he let the tsunami happen? Why did he let Hitler kill the Jews? Why, if He/She/It does not advocate gays or gay marriage, WHY would he create people who are gay? Answer me that.

God didn't ask to be taken out of the school and goverment we did now what makes you think he will talk back to you after we did'nt want to talk to Him.  We do have free will.

Want those things to stop fall on your face and ask the Heavenly Father to forgive you and the nation.
MOG Disciple
+8|6578|Wisconsin
Pray for that one finger and if it is Gods' will it will grow back.  I can't say why he will heal one man and not another.  Just pray read the Bible and rely on Him and He will comfort you.
topal63
. . .
+533|6778

MOG Disciple wrote:

God didn't ask to be taken out of the school and goverment we did now what makes you think he will talk back to you after we did'nt want to talk to Him.  We do have free will.

Want those things to stop fall on your face and ask the Heavenly Father to forgive you and the nation.
Here is the scenario - to prove the impossible; super-nature - since it is impossible to re-grow a limb - everything else is a fallacy - the fallacy of positive inference.

You can prove your faith, miracles, God & God Power in nearly an instant,

Pray or form a prayer-group or even a world-wide prayer group. . .

All you need to do is pray for one, just one, soldier returning from Iraq, who has lost a limb. It doesn’t matter if it is a leg, an arm or even just one finger.

Pray for that one limb (or finger) to be re-grown, restored, this is not a mechanical limb nor a graft of someone else’s limb made at the hands of a physician, but a natural-limb restored by the hand God, through the power of prayer - and since it is a limb and not a cancer nor a disease that the body might have fought off on it’s own anyway. This limb would confirm to everyone (to yourself as well) that such power is real, that miracles, super-nature & god exist within this Universe.

Well I don’t know about you, but I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this one first & true miracle to happen.

And no limb will be and has never been re-grown FACT.

Last edited by topal63 (2006-06-23 10:37:02)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6812|Upper Franconia
No sorry I'm not, and I don't believe in god. I never regretted that.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6769|Wilmington, DE, US
Was Jesus gay? The Last Supper sure was a sausage fest.

Oh ya, I AM A GODLESS HEATHEN WHO IS GOING TO HELL.
ImposedThreat
You Were My Promotion
+24|6724|USA
I believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and raised himself from the dead, yes.

Last edited by ImposedThreat (2006-06-24 12:54:09)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6686|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Well I am unequivocally a Christian.  I love being a Christian, and I love talking about being a Christian.  Sure, it can be frustrating at times, and difficult at times, but if it were easy to live a Christian lifestyle, it wouldn't be as widely misunderstood and hated as it is now.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6715|Cambridge, England

ImposedThreat wrote:

I believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins, yes.
i am also a christian

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard