Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
cpt._crust
Member
+3|4826
Is it possible to jump from Colonel to Three-Star General, or do you have to go Colonel/1 Star/2 Star, etc?
insanchef711
Member
+6|4790|Indiana USA
probably need to satisfy all the requirements,  but i dont think so, you cant jump ranks at any time,   Here is what UBAR says. 


Colonel
   

Requirements:

    * Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    * Score: 150,000



Brigadier General     1 Star
   

Requirements:

    * Rank: Colonel
    * Score: 180,000
    * Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
    * Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime




Major General        2 Star
   

Requirements:

    * Rank: Brigadier General
    * Score: 180,000
    * Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
    * Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime



Lieutenant General       3 Star
   

Requirements:

    * Rank: Major General
    * Score: 200,000
    * Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime



General                  4 Star
   

Requirements:

    * Rank: Lieutenant General
    * Score: 200,000
    * Notes: Highest rank of the month

Last edited by insanchef711 (2007-07-20 15:57:48)

keyoshi
Member
+28|4735
No. Each general rank requires a different amount of time / points. Brig is 180k @ 1080 or some stupid thing like that, Major is 200k @ 1250 (LAWL 20k in 70hrs? nubs...) Lt Gen is 200K @ 1440 or something. So...you could jump from 1 star to 3 star if it took you nearly 400hrs to get 20k...or something, but you can't jump from colonel to 3 star.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|4993|Middle of nowhere
you can't just get a 3 Star General promotion instantly

but if you have the time requirements, but not the badge requirements, and then get the badge requirements you can go from Colonel --> 3 Star General in 3 kills

so.... kinda
.cat.
Member
+4|4654
yes you can but it wont be instant. 1 star general requires some veh. vet badges, while the 2 star requires some vet combat badges.

So in essence you can be a colonel and have 144o hours played, and 200,000 pts and finish off your last vet badge and rank up if you do both that round. IE Medic badge, helo badge same round.
CloakedStarship
Member
+76|4880

keyoshi wrote:

No. Each general rank requires a different amount of time / points. Brig is 180k @ 1080 or some stupid thing like that, Major is 200k @ 1250 (LAWL 20k in 70hrs? nubs...) Lt Gen is 200K @ 1440 or something. So...you could jump from 1 star to 3 star if it took you nearly 400hrs to get 20k...or something, but you can't jump from colonel to 3 star.
Its more like, Major General at 180,000 @ 1250 hours.
adv3rsary
Member
+28|5030
looking at the UBAR id say if you have all those veteran badges and 1440 hrs, you'd just from colonel to 2star correct?
so looking at my stats if i get my veteran badge and 1440 hrs before i get to 180000 points, id be a 2star general when i do right or wrong?

Last edited by adv3rsary (2007-07-20 17:31:43)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|4544|NSW, Australia

maybe in the stats outage someone already had all the hours, badges and stuff and got the extra amount of points, they stayed colonel and when they got all their points they went straight to 3 star
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|4604|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Nappy wrote:

maybe in the stats outage someone already had all the hours, badges and stuff and got the extra amount of points, they stayed colonel and when they got all their points they went straight to 3 star
In that case, a person would get promoted to 1-star, then 2-star, then 3-star.

It's happened before, I know there's pictures somewhere.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|4754|Brisbane, Australia

cowami wrote:

Nappy wrote:

maybe in the stats outage someone already had all the hours, badges and stuff and got the extra amount of points, they stayed colonel and when they got all their points they went straight to 3 star
In that case, a person would get promoted to 1-star, then 2-star, then 3-star.

It's happened before, I know there's pictures somewhere.
theres a vid of someone going from colonel to  2 star as well somehwere
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|4604|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

cowami wrote:

Nappy wrote:

maybe in the stats outage someone already had all the hours, badges and stuff and got the extra amount of points, they stayed colonel and when they got all their points they went straight to 3 star
In that case, a person would get promoted to 1-star, then 2-star, then 3-star.

It's happened before, I know there's pictures somewhere.
theres a vid of someone going from colonel to  2 star as well somehwere
HA, I GOT PIX!
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p1469018

EDIT: I had to search through 11 pages worth of pictures, dammit. Just so y'know how much work it took.

Last edited by cowami (2007-07-20 18:44:58)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|4639|New Haven, CT
Easily. Get up to 1440 hours without the requisite badges, and then attain the last one in order to jump directly from Colonel to 3 Star.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|4886

I'm waiting for 3 star because 2 star is ugly, and I'll have too much time for 1 star.
Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|4678
I think it might be possible to go from Col to 3star if you meet all the requirements, bayblaze2 went from one day being a col to being a 3 star and I have yet to get ahold of him to find out if he got the others one right after the other.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|4798|P-way, NJ
If you suck, and still dont have like 1440 hours and still colonel then yeah, or if you still don't have req.

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2007-07-20 19:31:40)

Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|4446
You can.. i was a colonal.. didnt have the jet hours till i had 1450 hours and 200k points.. ranked up from colonal to 3 star in one round.. fun stuff
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|4628|Netherlands
Im colonel, got 193000 points, and i need vet armor + vet transport for 1 star, before i get vet armor im already over 200000, so i will go from colonel to 3 star
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|4842|Belgium

well it is possible to get it in one round if that's what you mean. You just need to get points 3 times (killing 3 guys or having 3 ammo points or 2 guys and an ammo point etc etc...)

So you'll probably go from colonel to 3 star in less then 3 minutes.
blacklupus
Member
+13|5005

De_Jappe wrote:

So you'll probably go from colonel to 3 star in less then 3 minutes.
right

but not to four :-(
^JP^
Member
+5|4472
well then im never gonna rank up.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|4838|the Netherlands
damnit i never be a 1* General ...dont have aviator badge veteran yet ... as it will not be this year either

those hours take long
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|4642|105 RVK

SamFisher199 wrote:

Im colonel, got 193000 points, and i need vet armor + vet transport for 1 star, before i get vet armor im already over 200000, so i will go from colonel to 3 star
u need 1440 hrs for 3 star, so no.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|4996|Disaster Free Zone
How hard is this to understand, seriously!
Adamshannon8
Member
+94|4500
Get ALL but one requirement for 3 star, (Say vetran Armor), once you get vetran armor, you get 1st star, then the NEXT point you get it moves you to 2 star, then NEXT point you get moves you to 3 star.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|4880|Area 51

keyoshi wrote:

No. Each general rank requires a different amount of time / points. Brig is 180k @ 1080 or some stupid thing like that, Major is 200k @ 1250 (LAWL 20k in 70hrs? nubs...) Lt Gen is 200K @ 1440 or something. So...you could jump from 1 star to 3 star if it took you nearly 400hrs to get 20k...or something, but you can't jump from colonel to 3 star.
It is possible..-.-

Lets say you are a Colonel with 250k and 1450 hours of playtime, meaning you have met all the general requirements, but have not gotten one vital badge for that promotion yet. Than if you get that badge, you only have to make three kills and voila you are a 3 star gen. Someone even made a movie about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard