JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
We hold congrats to this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826104178

Wow, i just bought the MX610, but the 518 (sigh, I shouldve known) is so much better, going to get it very soon, so I'll have like a trillion extra mouses. its cheap too, here in HK.

Anyone got this beast? Perhaps you can tell me a lil' bit about it?

Last edited by JaMrulezass (2007-07-20 11:45:12)

buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6444|Stealth City, UK
Just get the new G5.

I used to have the MX518 and the G5 is the next step up really.
Shakez
+39|6171
I have the old G5 and it's awesome
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
I got the wireless version of that. Works brilliantly imo.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6557|Kent, UK

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Just get the new G5.

Or the G7. It's wireless, but at 2.4Ghz, you don't notice
and the battery isn't a problem cuz you get 2 "hotswappable" LI-on battery units, one charges off the USB while one drains in your mouse
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6204

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Just get the new G5.

On the contrary, there have been head-to-head reviews that show that the MX518 has superior response times.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6362|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
I have the MX518.  I got it for Christmas this year, and it's the best mouse I've ever had.  It fits my hand perfectly, and the Forward/Backward buttons are awesome for browsing the web.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233
I've had a 518 for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with it.  My only complaint is that the three buttons right below and above the mouse wheel are useless (as far as I can tell).  I've tried using them out of game and in game, but they don't seem to have any function and they won't bind to anything.  Still a great mouse, though.
Edit:  These buttons:
https://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9981/mousenq1.png
Shot at 2007-07-20

Last edited by sexecuti0ner (2007-07-20 12:43:25)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Laser trackball mouse ftw. Ultimate control.

Heck, I just use an old-fashioned Microsoft optical.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-20 12:42:14)

Fallschirmjager10
+36|6461

sexecuti0ner wrote:

I've had a 518 for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with it.  My only complaint is that the three buttons right below and above the mouse wheel are useless (as far as I can tell).  I've tried using them out of game and in game, but they don't seem to have any function and they won't bind to anything.  Still a great mouse, though.
They increase/decrease sensitivity, not sure about the very bottom button though.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

They increase/decrease sensitivity, not sure about the very bottom button though.
Ohhhh.  I feel like an idiot.  That's really cool, thanks man.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6558
I'm using the MX518 and it's the best mouse I've ever had.

[RazerSucks]Every Razer I've had crapped out within a few months of use.[/RazerSucks]
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6444|Stealth City, UK

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Just get the new G5.

On the contrary, there have been head-to-head reviews that show that the MX518 has superior response times.
How are you going to notice that?

And on the sensitivity front, both are customisable, but the G5 caters for people who like heavier or lighter mice with the weights.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)
Mx 518 and it´s the best
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

I have it and love it.  The last time I had an accident with my mouse....okay I threw it....and had to get a replacement, I went to 5 different stores before I found one in stock.  I wasn't going to settle for anything less.  I even have an extra now, in case they discontinue it.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Edit:  These buttons:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9981/mousenq1.png
Shot at 2007-07-20
The - and + buttons are for sensitivity changes ingame. Just go to your Logitech mouse settings and you can set three different sensitivities. Quite useful really. I change them constantly ingame. Flying to sniping, etc.

The very bottom button is the Document Flip button that you can only use while in Windows (Has no ingame use at all because it can't be bound). Document Flip just lets you quickly pick back and forth between the windows and/or programs you have opened. I also use it quite a bit. It's a lot faster then finding the window you want in your status bar.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6723|Oregon
518 is the only mouse i would use. mine has been working under nearly daily use for 2 years, still works fine...logitech logo is worn off, but thats it. i love it. love it.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
So which you think is better? The G5 or 518? Gunna pick up either one of these soon
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Just get the new G5.

How are you going to notice that?

And on the sensitivity front, both are customisable, but the G5 caters for people who like heavier or lighter mice with the weights.
I have my G5 pretty heavy. I hate light mice. But maybe the MX518 is heavy enough; I've never seen one.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6613|balls
i've used the 518 for over 6 months now.  still perfect.  plenty of buttons for what you need, i use my middle mouse button for reload, side button for singlehot/full auto mode.  and of course the +, - sign buttons for different dpi settings.  without knowing what the G5 is like i can say this is the best mouse i've ever used.  i'm not going to drop another $40 on a mouse to see the difference though.  so, in the end, how can 1150 people be wrong?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard