stef
+-6|6758
you gottha admit that sometimes it looks real and damn its cool when HBK comes with that sweat chin music damn thats cool.
psychotoxic187
+11|6719

RedFiercare wrote:

Psycho, when I look over at my brother watching wrestling once in a blue moon, I never see handprints and things like that.

Maybe you can't fake SOME stuff, but it isn't completely real... like going through a table.  Do you think a real table would just buckle and fall if someone fell on it, or break EXACTLY in the middle?  No, it's rigged to do that.
As I said, I know most of it is staged. You must not watch it at all, because when ever I flip through and see Big Show on slapping someone in the chest, there chest is lit up like a christmas tree. Point is, stunts still hurt like hell, and these aren't hollywood stunts. The table may break in a certain spot, but when your thrown off a 20 foot steel cage through the table and on to a 2 inch mat, it's going to hurt.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6776|Cambridge (UK)

psychotoxic187 wrote:

RedFiercare wrote:

Psycho, when I look over at my brother watching wrestling once in a blue moon, I never see handprints and things like that.

Maybe you can't fake SOME stuff, but it isn't completely real... like going through a table.  Do you think a real table would just buckle and fall if someone fell on it, or break EXACTLY in the middle?  No, it's rigged to do that.
As I said, I know most of it is staged. You must not watch it at all, because when ever I flip through and see Big Show on slapping someone in the chest, there chest is lit up like a christmas tree. Point is, stunts still hurt like hell, and these aren't hollywood stunts. The table may break in a certain spot, but when your thrown off a 20 foot steel cage through the table and on to a 2 inch mat, it's going to hurt.
Have any of you read Mick Foleys book (no, not the christmas one for the kiddies, the first one (sorry, can't recall it's title))?

Those tables aren't fake, or modified - they're REAL TABLES - ok, quite weak tables, but real tables none the less. And the chairs are real chairs - and they're not even 'weak chairs' - they're actual real life steel chairs.

Yes, wrestling is 'fake' but only in the sense that the competitors know the outcome before hand and they cooperate to put on a good show (stuff like assisting a suplex by doing a bit of a jump). Other than that it's all real, in the sense that these are real people doing real stunts and suffering real injuries.

And all in the name of entertainment. I personally take my hat off to them.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

wrestlings pretty cool ages ago i gave a kid a diamond cutter at school it was funny he was ok i dont like the real wrestling where its just creepy w/ the 2 dudes going at it on the floor
eleven bravo
+1,399|5269|foggy bottom
its androoz
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4765|proll­y
youre androoz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard