Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

Nappy wrote:

what about ww2 and the whole hitler thing trying to make a "superior race" or whatever... thats like a religion? or something
You said it yourself "superior RACE", nothing to do with religion, but race. Many of the "Jews" Hitler had killed where followers of Judaism. And saying its a religion is wrong as the Nazis where a cult/political party.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2007-07-23 08:25:04)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
since when were 'Jews' a race?
are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-07-23 09:21:05)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

DrunkFace wrote:

are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?
Hitler made them out as a race, and to a certain extent they are. The Jews were wandering around Eastern Europe for centuries and kept getting thrown out of the area that they where in, so they suck together and developed into their own race. Also Hitler wanted a German "Master-race", not a master-religion. Religion only became his target when many clergy spoke out against him, so he had a large number of clergy of many religions killed because they said Hitler was bad.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

DrunkFace wrote:

are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?
Being Jewish is a race/ethnicity, Judaism is the faith that is often referred to as Jewish.
Orrish
+4|6127|Liverpool, Merseyside
tell you something funny, one day while in R.E class our teacher told us that jesus is god and god is jesus, i don't know were she pulled that one from her arse but i sat there laughin at her.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
Question, Is it so hard to believe in fictional things if you think he is fictional?

It is a little thing called faith.

And I have faith, There is no reason or anything to be ashamed of in believing in God.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Orrish wrote:

tell you something funny, one day while in R.E class our teacher told us that jesus is god and god is jesus, i don't know were she pulled that one from her arse but i sat there laughin at her.
That's one of the central beliefs in Catholic Christianity ...it is bullshit though. Jesus was most probably a very cool dude, but he weren't no messiah.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6454|Ontario, Canada

Mitch wrote:

[center]By the time your done reading this i will have made a lot of points disproving god. I only encourage you to challenge my beliefs[/center]

I was watching a few Atheist VS. Theist battles today and i've realized one thing.

90% Of the so called "Facts" and "Proof" that creationists use to support god, is from the bible. Now, correct me if im wrong, but unless the bible has some root of validity, it is not prooven to be any more real then said 'god'. We can trace the sources back as far as possible, tell me, what prooves the bible is real?

If god says the bible is real and the bible says god is real, dont you think thats a bit childish?? Kind of like the chicken and the egg story.

The difference between Evolution and Creation is that Evolution takes most facts from what we see. What we feel. What we experience, and what we as humans ration as truth.

Atheists say evolution is real. Evolution says that ancient fossiles are real. Ancient fossles say that ancient creatures have changed.

The sources for evolution is are much more numerious then those of god.

In ancient times, ancient cultures had not created science. They simply had thought and understanding. Since all humans have curiosity it was only natural to ponder "What makes that big ball of light move across the sky".

Before humans knew it was the Sun and that we were in its orbit, people believed that the sun god dragged it across the sky.

Need i say more?

It's obvious now, that if you told any rational human that a sun god dragged that ball across the sky, they would call you an idiot.

Now, The ONLY reason god exists in the minds of Creationists is because they DO NOT KNOW the answers to there questions. Just like the sun god was to the myans, this god is to the world today.

Just think about it for a second, you are going to stand there, as a rational adult, and tell me that you believe in a magical being, with magical powers, who fucks with humans lives by interveining randomly and not when needed? No really, get past the magic part first!

Magic does not exist. There are laws of physics and science. They exist because they cannot be broken. And to let the 1 exception to those laws be god, is infantile.

4. (This may be my most potent point yet)
Proof. Give me proof.
LISTEN!
If god existed, and wanted man to follow HIM, and only him, then he would show himself. There is not 1 piece of evidence in the world that can prove god.
Not a video tape of god appearing. Nothing.

The ONLY ONLY ONLY shred of evidence people have is from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! and as we know, personal experience has NO TIES to reality. Give a person some LSD and see what his "Personal experiences" are. Probly the fucking ficus in the corner talking to him.

God has never shown himself to me. Ever. Not in the least way. And i know for a fact that he has NEVER shown himself to anybody else. Just like the ficus in the corner never really talked to the guy on an acid trip. It's a self induced illusion!

You cannot have a personal experience in your life and not exagerate it while retelling it. Especially when you think it has some meaning of god.

God wants you to believe in him right?
If god was smart (appearently he is all knowing) he would just prove himself to everyone in the world at the same time and get it over with so he can have another 10 trillion years of warship.

But god is not smart. God is not real. God is fake.

Get over it.

Fear.
Creationists are afraid because one section of the bible states that Denial of god is an eternal sin, and is never forgiven.
So people say "I will believe in god... just incase"
Thats pussy-ish of you! Shame on you! Make up your mind you coward!

Go ahead! If you are an agnostic or a creationist who is realizing what a fool you've been, just say it!!!!!!!! Right now!!!!! Say "god is fake'

Boom there you go, you are now free because no matter what you do, EVER, you are NEVER forgiven even if you perform at your absolute best for the rest of your life... NEVER forgivin.

Now, since you can get over the fact that you will never be forgiven, you mine as well live your life to the fullest before you die.

Fear Of Death
Heaven is the creation of fear of death so people can sleep at night.

End statements:
I dare you to prove me wrong about atheism. Give me proof and i will fucking... pay you!

and thats a wrap
In your big rant here, you haven't proved God doesn't exist. Your merely expressing your poor opinion, you haven't proved anything.

1. The difference between Evolution and Creation is that Evolution takes most facts from what we see. What we feel. What we experience, and what we as humans ration as truth.

It's called faith, something you haven't learned yet.

2. Now, The ONLY reason god exists in the minds of Creationists is because they DO NOT KNOW the answers to there questions. Just like the sun god was to the myans, this god is to the world today.

Again, it's faith.

3. Just think about it for a second, you are going to stand there, as a rational adult, and tell me that you believe in a magical being, with magical powers, who fucks with humans lives by interveining randomly and not when needed? No really, get past the magic part first!

Magic does not exist. There are laws of physics and science. They exist because they cannot be broken. And to let the 1 exception to those laws be god, is infantile.

I just don't understand, your arguments look like they were constructed by an illiterate 3 year old? Do you not have any knowledge of religion? It's not magic, it's belief in a higher supreme being, faith again, which you still don't understand.

4. Proof. Give me proof.
LISTEN!
If god existed, and wanted man to follow HIM, and only him, then he would show himself. There is not 1 piece of evidence in the world that can prove god.
Not a video tape of god appearing. Nothing.

Proof? Do you have any proof that God doesn't exist? No one can prove God doesn't exist anymore than someone can prove he does exist. You don't need to see God to believe in him, if you can't understand that, then there's no hope for you.

5. Fear isn't the only thing why people believe. Also, just because you are religious doesn't mean you can't live life to it's fullest.

5.5. Your definition of heaven is very inaccurate, please try again.

I'm not sure why your in such denial and so stubborn and refuse to believe, is it because you've had a bad religious experience or something? You make a thread about something you know nothing about, you can't even type properly because your likely boiling with anger.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Shifty
+3|6639|Maine

Orrish wrote:

I really Don't see why people don't understand That Jesus is God. God is Omnipresent meaning he is everywhere all at once, So why is it so hard to belive that God can be Jesus and God in Heaven at the same time. Here are some Scriptures that prove Jesus is God and God is Jesus.

(Exodus 3:14)

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM' has sent me to you. "

(John 8:58)

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

(Isaiah 7:14)

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel.

(Matthew 1:22)

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us."

(Isaiah 9:6)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

(Isaiah 10:21)

A remnant will return, a remnant of Jacob will return to the Mighty God.

(Matthew 28:18)

"All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me."

(Revelation 1:8)

I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

(1 Timothy 6:13-15)

In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time - God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. (for further reference to God as King of kings, see Ps 136:3 and Deut 10:17)

(Revelation 17:14)

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

(Revelation 1:7-8)

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. "I am the Alpha and Omega," says the Lord God, " who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

(Revelation1:17-18)

... "I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One, I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!

(Revelation 22:12-13)

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

(Revelation 22:20)

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

(Revelation 2:8)

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

(Isaiah 48:12)

"Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last."

(Isaiah 44:6)

"This is what the Lord says - Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."

(Isaiah 43:10-11)

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior."

In Revelation 1:7-8, the Lord God (Jehovah) states He is the Alpha and Omega. Yet in that same verse the speaker, God (Jehovah), says He was pierced. Who was it that was actually pierced? Jesus. In Revelation 22:12-20 it is Jesus who claims He is the Alpha and Omega. In Isaiah 48:12 and 44:6 God, Jehovah says He is the first and the last. Yet again in Revelation 2:8, Jesus says He is the first and the last. Finally, Both God, Jehovah, and Jesus are described as "coming soon".

(John 5:39-40)

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

(John 5:46)

If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

In the old testament, Moses was clearly writing about The Lord God (Jehovah). Yet Jesus clearly states Moses was writing about himself.

(Exodus 33:20)

"But", he said (God speaking to Moses), "You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

(Numbers 12:6-8)

(God speaking to Aaron and Miriam)
    "When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord.

God says no one may see His face and live. Yet He also says He speaks to Moses "face to face". How can this be? We cannot see God the father but we can see God the son, Jesus, God manifested in flesh. Jesus said Moses wrote about Him, Moses saw Him, Moses talked to Him.

(Titus 2:13-14)

...while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

(Jude 4)

For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

(1 Corinthians 12:3)

Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed", and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit."

(Isaiah 9:1)

Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali  , but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordon.

There are tons of Scripture refrences that proves that God is Jesus, They are one. Theres no trinity and you can't find the word trinity even in the Bible.

Last edited by Shifty (2007-07-23 13:57:15)

Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6479|Communist Republic of CA, USA
My Retort:
If I want to believe, who are you to tell me that I'm wrong.  It's my choice isn't it? I shouldn't have to have indisputable evidence if it's my choice.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
I believe in Santa Claus. Don't question my belief. Who are You to tell me I'm wrong? I don't have to provide any evidence that he exist. I have faith.
Ppl have told stories about Santa Claus for centuries. He must be real.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
[center] that is not recognized bbc code, thank you [/center]
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Braddock wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?
Being Jewish is a race/ethnicity, Judaism is the faith that is often referred to as Jewish.
No their not. A Jew (or Jewish people) are those that follow Judaism. You can be a black Jew a white Jew a Chinese Jew... Jewish people are not their own fucking race.
Its the same as Muslims, are all people who follow Islam, you can be white, black, Asian, middle eastern, whatever. Its a religion not a race.

Sure many of the Jewish people like to stick together, but the fact is anyone in the world can be Jewish, so long as they follow Judaism.

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Hitler made them out as a race, and to a certain extent they are. The Jews were wandering around Eastern Europe for centuries and kept getting thrown out of the area that they where in, so they suck together and developed into their own race. Also Hitler wanted a German "Master-race", not a master-religion. Religion only became his target when many clergy spoke out against him, so he had a large number of clergy of many religions killed because they said Hitler was bad.
Yes he wanted a mater Race and Jewish people did not fit to his ideals. But then either did, black people, gay people, Jehovah's Witnesses, physically and mentally disabled people, Roma's and Soviets. Jewish people were a majority but in no way were they singled out.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-07-23 21:29:38)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

DrunkFace wrote:

Yes he wanted a mater Race and Jewish people did not fit to his ideals. But then either did, black people, gay people, Jehovah's Witnesses, physically and mentally disabled people, Roma's and Soviets. Jewish people were a majority but in no way were they singled out.
Correct but Hitler controlled Germany and the Jews where the largest "non-German" group living in Germany, which is why they where precieved as singled out.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

DrunkFace wrote:

Braddock wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?
No their not. A Jew (or Jewish people) are those that follow Judaism. You can be a black Jew a white Jew a Chinese Jew... Jewish people are not their own fucking race.
Its the same as Muslims, are all people who follow Islam, you can be white, black, Asian, middle eastern, whatever. Its a religion not a race.

Sure many of the Jewish people like to stick together, but the fact is anyone in the world can be Jewish, so long as they follow Judaism.
We had a big argument about this during RaVE class. In the end, the debate was settled by a compromise: However dumbass it may seem, the academic world recognises a Jew as being a specific ethnicity, if not a race seperate from the religion of Judaism. (links: 1 2)

They were singled out. Hitler had a specific 'hierachy' in that certain people were considered to be inherently superior/inferior to others. It went so far as German Jews were treated as superior to POLISH Jews. This DID have a noticable affect on the way they were mistreated.

Last edited by Spark (2007-07-24 04:22:14)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

DrunkFace wrote:

Braddock wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

are Muslims a race?
are Christians a race?

Oxford American definition of 'race':

Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language etc.; an ethnic group

Middle Eastern Jews (and their diaspora) share the same distinct culture & history and and they have their own language (Hebrew). Also, at the risk of offending Jewish people (I apologise in advance) the Jews tend to often have large kooked noses - in the same way that the Romans had a distinctive shaped nose. Many Jews tend to have thick, curly hair too (Hasidic Jews would be an example of this, I don't know whether they are seen as a distinct sub-division of the Jewish world or not? Perhaps someone can clarify).

Obviously anyone in the world can take Judaism as their faith, but it won't make them ethnically Jewish. It's like the difference between being a Muslim and an Arab - the two aren't conjoined.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6734|Cambridge, England
How can creationists argue, "what made the first cells then? why god did." as following on from this is...."so, what made god then" recieving an answer along the lines of "god was always there" or god made himself or similar. Logically it is more likely that in a few billion years enough random combinations of elements and conditions had occured to form the basis for the first life on earth taking a few more billion years to come to any form of intelligent life as opposed to the first "living" thing ever was not a very simple single celled organism but instead a fully formed, self sustaining all knowing sentient being with enough raw energy or at least the means to "create" the universe.

Now for God creating the laws of physics and then following them......how would you even start to consider creating the laws of physics? Say one day god is standing on the earth holding a rock. when he lets go of the rock, why does it fall? because he told it to? does that mean he told every rock to fall in the same way? well that would be quite time consuming so he must have a way of making all that is and all that has yet to be to essentially have intelligence.

The alternative is obviously to say well god created gravity. ah ah ah wait a minute. a thought just hit me.

Due to huge energy emmisions involved in the "theoretical" big bang, we can currently observe a large level of background radiation in the form of shifted microwaves. This allows us to date the universe. Now if Gods creationism happened should we not observe the effect of 6 different high energy releases? one for creating land, one for creating water and a huge one for creating life? now unless god made everything all at once and was in essence just a catalyst for the big bang followed on by the atheist view of evolution.....is that really the view of god that he was nothing more than a catalyst billions of years ago? no. at least not traditionally.

Now why doesnt God make everybody believe in him and stop killing each other and sinning etc, he is after all, all-powerful. Why does he not? supposedly because then life would be boring or we wouldnt have choice or some such. So i ask you what is the difference between doing that and living in heaven? Does God just create people to go straight to hell? he knows they will be evil as he created them so. Why create them in the first place?
Aids
+4|6161|Adelaide, Australia
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

And if we don't believe this, how can we have a morality?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard