Silentkillr69
+6|6197|Chicago
Tell me why does everybody seem to hate Jewish people? i mean come on. i list a couple
-the Holocaust
-the inquisition
-Stalin's persecution
-And now the current Al-Queda and Hezbollah
it just baffles me.
Master*
Banned
+416|6514|United States
Why dont the Jewish people just convert to another religion then they wouldn't be hated anymore.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6466|Chicago, IL

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Tell me why does everybody seem to hate Jewish people? i mean come on. i list a couple
-the Holocaust
-the inquisition
-Stalin's persecution
it just baffles me.
Historically, the jews have excelled at both getting rich and becoming politically powerful, and when the Jews are all rich in a post WWI wasteland, people start pointing fingers...

The inquisition was aimed at all non catholics

Stalin persecuted all religions

Al-Qaida hates the jews for "stealing" palestine, but they hate everyone else too, so we really shouldnt take them seriously.

Unfortunately for the Jews, they always happened to be a wealthy minority in an already angry country.
Silentkillr69
+6|6197|Chicago
ehh that blows. thx. damn. i might go live on mars.
agent146
+127|6405|Jesus Land aka Canada
i appreciate the discussion but why on the bf2 section?
however, i understand what you mean. i ,myself, am sometimes amazed how black, white, yellow supremacist will hate other races ,respectively, and then actually single out jews. ie "we hate ____ and ____ and____ and jews."
edit: israel and middle east wars also does not help the situation.

Last edited by agent146 (2007-07-19 20:18:28)

Ettercrab
+11|6671|Finland

Masterstyle wrote:

Why dont the Jewish people just convert to another religion then they wouldn't be hated anymore.
I always thought that Jew was "race" and Judaism religion
Master*
Banned
+416|6514|United States

Ettercrab wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

I always thought that Jew was "race" and Judaism religion
A Jew is a person of Jewish faith I dont get how a religion could be a race, so I guess since I'm christian I'm part of the Christian race?
tjocka_vita_kisset
The Sweede
+15|6163|Malmö, Sweden

Masterstyle wrote:

LOL karma +1

Topic: why does everybody seem to hate Jewish people?

You could ask the mothers of all the palestinian kids killed by heavely armed Isreali soldiers.
Perhaps it was right to kill them, I mean they were throwing small rocks at them...

Last edited by tjocka_vita_kisset (2007-07-19 20:42:55)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
The fact that Jewish bankers were the first to charge interest didn't help.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

Silentkillr69 wrote:

-the Holocaust
-the inquisition
-Stalin's persecution
it just baffles me.
It has to do with the insular nature of Jewish communities.  Jews generally create their own communities separate from the rest of society (in terms of where they live).  They're more open when it comes to who they do business with, but when it comes to their private lives, they tend to associate only with other Jews -- at least, that's how things used to be.

As a result, people would get suspicious and assume they're up to something.  If things went bad for whatever reason, Jews were an easy scapegoat.  For example, during the Black Plague, some people thought Jews were responsible for spreading the disease through some nefarious means.  Of course, more than just Jews were accused of being responsible for this.

In the years that led up to WW2, Jews were resented in Germany because of their relative wealth compared to the average German.  Not every Jew in Germany was wealthy, but a higher percentage of them than of the general population was.  As you can imagine, it wasn't hard for Hitler to use class envy as a basis for persecuting Jews.

Stereotypes of Jews persisted over the last 2 thousand years mostly because of the remarkable talent that many Jews showed in business.  Many people assumed their success had more to do with the Jews cheating them than with any actual business acumen.  Jews were assumed to be cheap and especially greedy when making loans.

As with any stereotype, some Jews really did fit the selfish image that many people labeled them with.  However, most of them were just easy marks among societies looking for someone to blame for their troubles.

As for prejudice against Jews today, some of it is linked to how Jews have a lot of power in American media.  In addition to this, AIPAC (an Israeli lobby group) has a lot of power in our government.  So, some prejudice toward Jews (or at least Israelis) seems justified.  I would suggest that most Americans don't have a problem with Jews overall, but plenty of Americans have problems with Israel -- as does most of the world.

The focus of most of the prejudice would seem to have shifted from Jews in general to specifically Israelis, and frankly, I can't blame people for that.  I don't trust Israel either.  I don't have a problem with the average Jew, but I do have a problem with extreme Zionists.
san4
The Mas
+311|6707|NYC, a place to live

S.Lythberg wrote:

Silentkillr69 wrote:

-the Holocaust
-the inquisition
-Stalin's persecution
it just baffles me.
Historically, the jews have excelled at both getting rich and becoming politically powerful, and when the Jews are all rich in a post WWI wasteland, people start pointing fingers...
... Unfortunately for the Jews, they always happened to be a wealthy minority in an already angry country.
Politically powerful doesn't seem correct. Jews were legally expelled from half a dozen European countries, and were subject to restrictive laws in dozens of others. That's not the way a politically powerful group is treated.

The fact that Jews have historically tended to be smart and successful has interacted with the fact that Jews have historically separated themselves from non-Jews (in part because orthodox Jewish laws are hard to follow unless you live in a Jewish neighborhood). It's easy to imagine non-Jews thinking, "Jews are smart, successful and they don't associate with us? Fuck 'em." [Edit: I see this paragraph is similar to what Turquoise wrote, which I didn't see until after I posted. Great minds think alike, I guess.]

One factor was Jews' refusal to abandon religious practices that conflicted with the religions of conquerors and the orders of dictators.

Wikipedia wrote:

For most of recorded history, the Jewish people had been the subjects of conquerors, such as the Persians, Greeks, Babylonians, Assyrians, and Romans. Most Jews refused to convert to the religion of their hosts and instead maintained their own religion, rituals and customs, often at great personal sacrifice.
Early Christians and the Catholic church were antagonistic to Judaism because, of course, it conflicted with their religion. The Catholic church was not gentle with blasphemers and others who challenged its authority.

Wikipedia wrote:

Most modern scholars believe that Judaism may have been a missionary religion in the early centuries of the common era,[13] see also Proselyte, and thus competition for the religious loyalties of gentiles drove anti-Judaism.
And of course the belief that Jews killed God's son generated some animosity. This belief may be been promoted by Christians in competition with Judaism for converts.

Wikipedia wrote:

Though not part of Roman Catholic dogma, many Christians, including members of the clergy, held the Jewish people collectively responsible for killing Jesus.[citation needed] According to this interpretation, both the Jews present at Jesus’ death and the Jewish people collectively and for all time had committed the sin of deicide, or God-killing.

Last edited by san4 (2007-07-19 21:05:55)

RECONDO67
+60|6655|miami FL
they are easier to target I don't think it's hate.
and they are as bad as the Muslims themselves look at what they have done to America most holidays and school days off evolve around Jewish holidays and that's plain wrong imposing their holidays on us and then disguising them
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6466|Chicago, IL

RECONDO67 wrote:

and they are as bad as the Muslims themselves look at what they have done to America most holidays and school days off evolve around Jewish holidays and that's plain wrong imposing their holidays on us and then disguising them
I didnt get yom kippur off this year, what are you talikng about?

We get christmas and easter off, both [b]christian[b] holidays.
Smithereener
+138|6335|California
The main reason I thought was because Christian denominations believed that Jews killed Jesus, their saviour, for some silver/money. (Judas I think?) Thus, the stereotype of the greedy Jew. Which kind of lead to the expelling of Jews in various countries. I've also heard of Jews getting kicked out of Spain for supposedly poisoning wells or something.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6664|Camoran's Paradise
-the Holocaust = Hitler needed scapegoat and the Jews were an easy target

-the inquisition = Come on.  Catholics hated everybody equally back then.  The Jews were nothing special.

-Stalin's persecution = Same with Stalin.  He hated everybody equally be it Jew, Gypsy, or the common Red Army soldier.

-And now the current Al-Queda and Hezbollah = And finally, they hate all infidels equally.  The Jews are just within easy reach.

Edit: Lol at the JEWS poster.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-07-19 21:24:57)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

tjocka_vita_kisset wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

LOL karma +1

You could ask the mothers of all the palestinian kids killed by heavely armed Isreali soldiers.
Perhaps it was right to kill them, I mean they were throwing small rocks at them...
Yeah. What about the mothers of Israeli civilian killed by senseless suicide attacks. I mean, they were existing...

(If you don't get the point, essentially what I am trying to say is that the Israelis aren't the only one in the conflicts killing innocent people, and it is unfair to point them out as brutalizers when the same savagery is being forced upon them by their enemies.)
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6665
They killed Jesus?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

They killed Jesus?
Yes, in essense. Jewish leaders were the ones who demanded his death, even after Pilate found no cause to kill him.
fredskov9
a proud father
+29|6175|denmark
because they are jewish,rich and have funny hair.

Last edited by fredskov9 (2007-07-19 22:39:38)

elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6357|EsSeX

nukchebi0 wrote:

tjocka_vita_kisset wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

LOL karma +1

Yeah. What about the mothers of Israeli civilian killed by senseless suicide attacks. I mean, they were existing...

(If you don't get the point, essentially what I am trying to say is that the Israelis aren't the only one in the conflicts killing innocent people, and it is unfair to point them out as brutalizers when the same savagery is being forced upon them by their enemies.)
did you know that there are 1.4million arabs living in Israel ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpAdOxebos
RECONDO67
+60|6655|miami FL

S.Lythberg wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

I didn't get yom kippur off this year, what are you talking about?

We get Christmas and Easter off, both [b]christian[b] holidays.
look at the calendar and compare your school days off to the Jewish holidays and most of them match plus Easter was established by them and that's called passover and Christmas its called Hanuka look it up
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574
Most reasons have been covered above. Not integrating with communities into which they immigrated would be one of the main ones and the fact that the Catholic church banned moneylenders from charging interest, which gave Jewish folk an important and unfair advantage allowing them become rich throughout Europe.

In modern times its mainly about the unjust imposition of the state of Israel on the middle east that draws ire. It's nothing against Jews in particular though, for example 35,000 Jews live normal lives in the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-20 05:16:41)

Master*
Banned
+416|6514|United States

nukchebi0 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

They killed Jesus?
Yes, in essense. Jewish leaders were the ones who demanded his death, even after Pilate found no cause to kill him.
Jesus was a Jew.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574
It's funny. History is actually repeating itself in modern Germany. Much like the manner in which the Jews segregated themselves and refused to integrate into their host countries, Turkish muslim immigrants to Germany (a LOT of people) are attracting more and more discrimination and racism because they refuse to integrate, by and large.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6776|Argentina
Many Christians feel that Jesus died coz of Jews, although Jesus was a Jew himself.  The Inquisition wasn't a persecution of Jews.  All non-Catholic people were persecuted.  Hitler was an asshole and he killed Jews coz they were in Europe.  He would have killed 6 millions of Muslims too if Muslims were there.  Stalin killed everyone.  Al-Qaeda wants press and Hezbollah is from Lebanon, what do you expect?
I don't think normal people hate Jews.  Many people disagree with Israel policies against Palestine.  That's not hating Jews.  That's criticizing a government.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard