Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6366|uk

I DID SEARCH BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THERE ARE NO RESULTS (lol)

I have just played on a server (24/7 Karkand -[AP]-) (with Sarge (w00t)), and was capping the Hotel.

The UAV was over the middle road, so all spawn points were clearly visable.

The flag went neutral, so i stopped watching the spawns, sat back, and focused on the UAV.

Then this guy randomly spawns. The flag had been neutral for a good 5 seconds.

There was no SL around (as he would have shown up on the UAV as well) - and it was on the spawn point.

I have seen this a few times before, usually just passing it off as me not looking properly, but i was FOCUSING on the UAV and he DEFINATELY SPAWNED AFTER the flag had been neutralised.

So.... It happens... people spawn when the flag is neutral.

Now is this a bug or a hack?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6416|dm_maidenhead
bug
TravisC555
+118|6233|Cox Convention Center, OK
I had something similar happen yesterday or the day before yesterday. I was playing on Wake, a couple of my fellow squad mates were capping beach. We were trying to cap Beach, but the flag wasn't going down (I think we were on USMC). We noticed that enemies were still spawning at the flag, and on the minimap the flag was showing as USMC, strange. Not exactly like yours, but same thing, it was a bug.

Last edited by TravisC555 (2007-07-19 09:49:11)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6421|Somersetshire
welcome to bf2 my friends

i had it at karkand hotel as well, not sure how it works but it is annoying
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
+8|6170|Somplace or Other
Probably a bug,but it could be a hack if he kept doing it.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6493|Trondheim, Norway

Tehremos wrote:

I think titch has been playing bf2 for a lot longer than you actually...

Probably a bug, I guess the uav was bugged, so he had been there all the time, but not shown up. If you're not sure all the player(s) who neutralized it were killed?
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6477|meh-land
i've spawned on enemy flags before, not too often, maybe twice, but it has happened before.

man it was freaky though
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6366|uk

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

Tehremos wrote:

I think titch has been playing bf2 for a lot longer than you actually...
I haven't actually- hes spent about 100 more hours

Probably a bug, I guess the uav was bugged, so he had been there all the time, but not shown up. If you're not sure all the player(s) who neutralized it were killed?
He definately wasn't there all the time, as he spawned in the arch way spawn point- easily visible.

I was the only one capping the hotel, and didn't get killed (I killed the player who spawned there... but was like "wtf?" for a while...)

KamakaziSparow wrote:

This guy did it twice- the other time was at Train Accident.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6350
i have seen it a few times but everyones like u idiot they cant spawn im like they just did an it was neutral

im thinking it was either a lag  or bug

once i spawned in on a usmc flag as china at the beach on wake it was weird i was like how in the heck
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6711

I highly doubt there's a hack that will allow you to spawn at any spawnpoint.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6146|Scotland!
I've spawned at a neutral flag before, I got a connection error as it turned neutral and it spawned me there 3 seconds later before the flag was capped.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6514|so randum
Happend to me once. Love it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6466|Cambridge, UK

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I highly doubt there's a hack that will allow you to spawn at any spawnpoint.
The closest I've heard of is one that allows you to make the server think you on the other side and thus spawn on the enemy's spawns but that wouldn't work for a neutral flag.
Curtor
+6|6163|Canada

Titch2349 wrote:

KamakaziSparow wrote:

Did you happen to notice, was it the same guy both times?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

I've had it a few times on a number of maps, annoys the hell out of me when some guy comes running toward me randomly when the flag has been white for some time and he wasn't on radar before.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6366|uk

Curtor wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

KamakaziSparow wrote:

Did you happen to notice, was it the same guy both times?
Yup, It was 100% sure.

Both times there was a UAV, and both times the flag had been neutral for a good while.

The only reason I haven't posted this in the format "ZOMG _____ IS A H4CKER" is because I share the same thoughts as the other people on the forums- is there a hack for spawning at a neutral flag?.

I was also skeptical because I have seen it a few times before, on rare occurances and just thought of it as a bug. But seeing it by the same guy, in the same round, with no doubts that he spawned at a neutral flag made me rethink my ideas.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

Ive had a very similar thing the other day on the EU server.

I was commander on OCS. My tag on the radar was NOT a star, but a green icon (like a squad member) and spawn screen actually gave me the option to spawn on squad 1's SL. I tried it a few times, but it wouldnt let me spawn on him.
I had full access to the command screen, as I was the commander at all times, but it was odd.

Definitly a glitch for me, but I couldnt actually spawn, whereas this player could.
Evil_Apu
+40|6597|Denmark
I have even seen people in Sharqi spawn places it isn't possible to spawn at all. A guy always spawned a half meter away from the helicopter.. made me so mad. So i stopped play sharqi and started karkand..
{RR}Broccoli
+0|6158
Considering all the OTHER spawn bugs there are:

- wrong player skin
- wrong player color
- can't spawn on squad leader until deselected and selected a bunch of times
- can't spawn on spawn points you have for no apparent reason
- etc.

Add to that lag, and servers that don't get restarted often enough and all sorts of weird stuff can happen.

I'd say it's a bug, unless the same player is doing it all the time.

(Note, some people are starting to wise up and back off on their hacks. Yesterday I was playing on =SF= Tampa (PB streamed ranked server), and one of my team mates kept dropping himself crates (i was commander) to repair or resupply his tank.  Not spam boxes all over, just one when he needed it.  So often the hackers are going to keep getting away with it if they don't be dumb with the abuse.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard