Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

DETROIT —  There was no mourning at this funeral.

Hundreds of onlookers cheered Monday afternoon as the NAACP put to rest a long-standing expression of racism by holding a public burial for the N-word during its annual convention.

The ceremony included a march by delegates from across the country from downtown Detroit's Cobo Center to Hart Plaza. Along the way, two Percheron horses pulled a pine box adorned with a bouquet of fake black roses.

The coffin is to be placed at Detroit Memorial Park Cemetery and will have a headstone.

"Today we're not just burying the N-word, we're taking it out of our spirit," said Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. "We gather burying all the things that go with the N-word. We have to bury the 'pimps' and the 'hos' that go with it."

He continued: "Die N-word, and we don't want to see you 'round here no more."

The N-word has been used as a slur against blacks for more than a century. It remains a symbol of racism, but also is used by blacks when referring to other blacks, especially in comedy routines and rap and hip-hop music.
Source : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288649,00.html

And the N Word shall rise from the dead.

You cant stop people from using a word just because you had a symbolic funeral. Niggah please.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Agreed, it won't do a thing. Why they put so much effort into something which will make no difference to anything is beyond me, but a nice thought I suppose.
Interesting that Mayor Whatsit decided to mention 'pimps' and 'hos' because they have nothing to do with the derogatory use of the N Word.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
aLeX
.?
+160|6302|:D

I LOL'd. I don't get it, it's normally black people that say it
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Ty wrote:

Agreed, it won't do a thing. Why they put so much effort into something which will make no difference to anything is beyond me, but a nice thought I suppose.
Interesting that Mayor Whatsit decided to mention 'pimps' and 'hos' because they have nothing to do with the derogatory use of the N Word.
Well its because of thier hidden agenda. Secretly the want to destroy black culture.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Sarrk wrote:

Ty wrote:

Well its because of thier hidden agenda. Secretly the want to destroy black culture.
Actually that's not far off what I was thinking.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

Honestly I hear black people saying it 95% of the time. Or white people who are friends with black people and use it in the same way - ie not as a racist term.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
pj666
+16|6336|Sydney, Australia
I hereby declare racism dead. Oh, and sexism, religious intolerance, etc, etc.

Symbolism ....

The term is only dead when any white person can call a black person nigger and they just shrug and say "Nyeh ..."

And you can't tell me that happened just because the NAACP declared the word dead. I think I can still find it in the dictionary, unless they snuck in during the night and  tore that page out.

EDIT: typo

Last edited by pj666 (2007-07-19 03:14:38)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6497|Milkystania, yurop
Goodbye Necrophilia   wont miss you
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6567|Michigan, USA
Kilpatrick is a dumbass anyways.  I live about 20 mintues outside Detroit, so I got to hear all about their sad sad election not so long ago.  Kilpatrick had been spending Detroits money on himself for cars, a house etc, while the city is already in  massive debt, election time rolls around, public is well aware of this, everyone in the city complaining yet they reelect him, wtf.  Its these same type of people that think they can bury the "N word".  Good luck, racists arent gonna stop using it because you had a silly mock funeral.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
What happened to the First Amendment?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

whats an amnedntman?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

We had 'Negro Kisses', or as we called them 'Neger Zoenen', made by a candy company. Some random group of mental insane Surinam people complained it was a sign of oppression and that the company who made it had to change it name.

Now years later. The name has changed, and every dutchman still calls them Neger Zoenen.

Political correctness fails.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

gene_pool wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

whats an amnedntman?
A change in the constitution etc. What the first amendment is freedom of speech.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51
How the fuck can you ban a fuckin word. Fuckin dipshit politicians.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

whats an amnedntman?
A change in the constitution etc. What the first amendment is freedom of speech.
may i offer you a range of my sarcasm detectors, as it seems your broked.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

So much goofy drama.

When is the funeral for cracker?
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6497|Milkystania, yurop

jsnipy wrote:

So much goofy drama.

When is the funeral for cracker?
Cracker please
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Oh yeah, but according to them "Nigga" is different than "Nigger". Um, it's the same word, just with a ghetto accent. You can say it's not insulting, but you don't go around seeing jews calling each other jesus killers, and you don't see muslims going around calling each other "ragheads". It's fucking ridiculous and the black community (most of it, not all) should be ashamed.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6633|USA

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Thats mainly what they were addressing.
antonik
+0|6103
what is all this i understand nothing
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6701|Michigan
Double standards.
That's all I have to say about that.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6445|Belgium
I think Its more of a symbolic thing :Two races working together to better their past and forgive and forget, which I admire.Srsly
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Poseidon wrote:

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Oh yeah, but according to them "Nigga" is different than "Nigger". Um, it's the same word, just with a ghetto accent. You can say it's not insulting, but you don't go around seeing jews calling each other jesus killers, and you don't see muslims going around calling each other "ragheads". It's fucking ridiculous and the black community (most of it, not all) should be ashamed.
qft

spacebandit72 wrote:

Double standards.
That's all I have to say about that.
it wouldnt be politics without the double standards
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH

antonik wrote:

what is all this i understand nothing
Mod:  inappropriate image removed.

what will the Mayor do next....if you say the N word you go to jail, ban all CDs that contain the N word? It's a futile attempt at best...must be election time.

Last edited by loubot (2007-07-19 07:34:05)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

I wonder how much it cost the city

Mod:  inappropriate image removed
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard