Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

https://Tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/174653780-L.jpg
The murder of a second Russian dissident on British soil was averted last month when police and intelligence agencies intercepted a suspected killer in London, it was confirmed last night.

In a move likely to damage already strained relations between Britain and Russia, Scotland Yard said that officers arrested a man on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on June 21 and held him for two days. He was later handed over to the immigration service and deported back to Russia.

The man arrived in London in mid-June allegedly with orders to murder the billionaire Russian exile Boris Berezovsky, a staunch opponent of President Putin, who has been granted asylum to live in Britain.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 100345.ece
Is anyone surprised?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BVC
+325|6714
The god-damned rooskies are at it again...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

Pubic wrote:

Fuck ya.  All my old training was worth it.

Russia is playing some odd game here lately.
David.P
Banned
+649|6293

usmarine2005 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

You think it might be like that simpsons episode where homer accidentally stumbles into russian waters with a US nuclear submarine and the embassador presses a button and the berlin wall pops up again?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

Kmarion wrote:

The murder of a second Russian dissident on British soil was averted last month when police and intelligence agencies intercepted a suspected killer in London, it was confirmed last night.

In a move likely to damage already strained relations between Britain and Russia, Scotland Yard said that officers arrested a man on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on June 21 and held him for two days. He was later handed over to the immigration service and deported back to Russia.

The man arrived in London in mid-June allegedly with orders to murder the billionaire Russian exile Boris Berezovsky, a staunch opponent of President Putin, who has been granted asylum to live in Britain.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 100345.ece
Is anyone surprised?
A pic of Putin with a gun, there's a political opponent off to the left where we can't see him.
But yes there is something fishy about Russia's recent actions.
Putin's been playing too much WiC.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-19 08:41:35)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6700|Dayton, Ohio

David.P wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Pubic wrote:

You think it might be like that simpsons episode where homer accidentally stumbles into russian waters with a US nuclear submarine and the embassador presses a button and the berlin wall pops up again?
Can you find that on YouTube, I have never seen that one.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

This one

and here's one for comedy measure

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-19 08:48:15)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

MOAB I was posting it 5 secs after you .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

Kmarion wrote:

MOAB I was posting it 5 secs after you .
lol, I was trying to do as quick as possible .
golgoj4
+51|6793|North Hollywood
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon
im telling you, this is right up Putins alley.

that son of a bitch did this shit for a living before the fall.......hes just doing what he was trained to do.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
Yeah btw Russians just told some UK diplomats to Feck off. I guess that's fair since we did the same thing. And I guess you wouldn't expect them to extradite someone, because nobody does. (US doesn't, we don't, why the fuck should they)

Personally, it's all Russian stuff that just happened to happen in the UK (That guy that got poisoned)
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6184

M.O.A.B wrote:

This one

and here's one for comedy measure
Russia (switch) Soviet Union lol
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6357|EsSeX

golgoj4 wrote:

Amd the situation escalates....

http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/af … 32283.html
And don't forget the Bombers

TheTimesonline wrote:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1050000/images/_1050335_plane-head.jpg
RAF scrambles to intercept Russian bombers

RAF fighter jets were scrambled to intercept two Russian strategic bombers heading for British airspace yesterday, as the spirit of the Cold War returned to the North Atlantic once again.

The incident, described as rare by the RAF, served as a telling metaphor for the stand-off between London and Moscow over the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.

While the Kremlin hesitated before responding to Britain’s expulsion of four diplomats, the Russian military engaged in some old-fashioned sabre-rattling.

Two Tu95 “Bear” bombers were dispatched from their base on the Kola Peninsula in the Arctic Circle and headed towards British airspace.
Nice to see the old cold war way of doing things coming back into fashion
samfink
+31|6574
all i can say is that Putin seems to be trying to push us too much. Cold war back on anyone?
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6505|Latvia
It's gonna be Cold when they cut the gas supply..

Can't we just all live in peace? Or at least get independent from Russia and kick their assess if they touch EU's soil.
EVieira
+105|6497|Lutenblaag, Molvania
Berezovsky is no saint. He's a powerful figure, with lots of connections. His billions are know to have come from several corruption schemes involving Russian national companies and Russian political figures, including Boris Yeltsin. He knows allot of bad stuff on a some powerful people in Russia, I'm sure there's people who want him dead even more then Putin.

This has much more to do with Russian politics than with cold war.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

Personally, it's all Russian stuff that just happened to happen in the UK (That guy that got poisoned)
The fact that is happening inside your borders does not concern you? Murder is still illegal in the UK right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England

Kmarion wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

The fact that is happening inside your borders does not concern you? Murder is still illegal in the UK right?
Yeah, but the amount it has escalated is ridiculous. Expelling of embassy staff and diplomats? I mean jeez...
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6194|sverige
russia = cool
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine
One word - provocation .
Either opossition or Putin's western enemies .
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

We'll have a 2nd Col War except this time it'll be UK vs Russia.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon

Mekstizzle wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, but the amount it has escalated is ridiculous. Expelling of embassy staff and diplomats? I mean jeez...
traditionally some embassy staff can be found to work intelligence.

i think there is more to this than some reporter getting zapped.......there is a little back and forth between the intel guys and its escalating now.
hell, russia could have found a spy and found that his handlers were working in the embassy......its all real shady and no one really knows whats going down.

during the cold war the united states and the soviet union had an agreement about what could happen in capitol cities......england never had this agreement and as a result we see things like the assassination of a defector basically in front of MI5 (bertster, help me out with the name....i remember ricin being the poison and the umbrella begin used to transfer but i forget the name and i know you remember).
it looks like putin is still playing by those rules.
CyrusTheVirus
E PLURIBUS UNUM
+36|6492|United States of America
Sounds like resentment for getting their asses handed to them in the Cold War. Losers.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6664
I support Russia but not the assassination attempt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard