kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
As a Christian, I am totally against murder. But I think (for the greater good), I could kill someone under these circumstances.

Hypothetical Situation:
You are standing with a loaded pistol in your hand, with your family members watching you. Could you kill the innocent 10 year old girl (she knows she is going to be killed by you, if you do) if it was to wipe out permanent disease? (eg. not things like general illness and a cold, but like incurable cancer and ebola etc)

I think I could. Could you?

If you answered yes:
Could you kill 10 girls the same age?
Could you kill 100?
What's your limit?

YOU MUST SHOOT HER TO ASSUME THAT THE ABOVE WILL HAPPEN

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-07-18 07:10:27)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas
Sure.  I'll shoot someone in the face for the greater good.

Actually, I'd probably shoot 100 people for the common good.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

Cougar wrote:

thats just cause you hate everybody cougar... you'd probly shoot me for the fun of it.
15 more years! 15 more years!
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
no. i couldn´t. it´s not the fault of the girl. i´d rather die on the same disease, than killing her. there is always hope for a solution.

and if she has a deadly disease, i´m doomed anyway by being in the same room like her... call the WHO, let them set a quarantine and start to pray...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

Cougar wrote:

agreed.

id have to draw the line at no more than a low percent of the earths entire population. i mean, if you could eliminate a fatal disease by destroying 1% of the earth's population, why wouldn't you?

example: no more aids for the price of one city? more people die a year by aids than it would take to end it that way.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2007-07-18 06:59:01)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
I would say yes, but I probably couldn't do it.

id have to draw the line at no more than a low percent of the earths entire population. i mean, if you could eliminate a fatal disease by destroying 1% of the earth's population, why wouldn't you?
1 % are alot of people. +/- 60.000.000 people. Thats alot!

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-18 06:58:52)

l41e
+677|6646

If the probability were 100%, and exactly that (no less) that those diseases would be completely and utterly wiped out with no chance of returning, and - I don't mean to sound cold, but if she was nobody I knew - then I could probably bring myself to. It'd most likely throw me into a depression or something, though.

I don't know. I don't like having the lives of other people in my hands. Most likely I'd put on a gas mask or something, drop the magazine out of the pistol and de-cock it, and call the proper authorities.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
Ok. Heres an even better question. Would you take a bullet to the head for a cure for cancer? I sure as hell wouldn't because i don't care i don't have cancer. I'de much rather live.
Would you guys give you own life?
15 more years! 15 more years!
twiistaaa
+87|6666|mexico
funny thing is, i'd assume as a christian you would believe those diseases would exist for a reason and by the commandments you wouldn't do it?

i wouldn't do it. she has the right to live, and disease is natures way of thinning the numbers. if no one died by anything but accidents and old age the world would be even more populated than it is now. i suppose you could argue that the children you would save out weighs one childs life, but how can you value something like that? one childs life is worth the infinate odds and chances it took to get there. infinity x 1 or infinity x 1 billion is still infinity.

i would however probably kill a convicted pedo or something of that nature..
l41e
+677|6646

twiistaaa wrote:

Exactly. I'd do that. Or someone on Death Row or something.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
I hate everyone too, but this is a bit different. I'd have no problem popping off a ten year old girl if it meant the disease would get destroyed with her. Regardless of whether or not it's the little girl's fault, I'm not letting this shit get passed on to even more innocent people. So it becomes an issue of when to cut your losses. Do you do it now, when the losses would be minuscule, or do you wait until thousands of people have it, and they all have to be quarantined and killed anyway?
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

quarantine instead of shooting.

It's not easy to imagine this, one girl of 10 years will never take all diseases with her when you kill her.
malarkeycoon
+16|6638|Cardiff

leetkyle wrote:

As a Christian, I am totally against murder. .....
What's being a Christian got to do with being against murder? As a Male, I am also against murder.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland

twiistaaa wrote:

funny thing is, i'd assume as a christian you would believe those diseases would exist for a reason and by the commandments you wouldn't do it?

i wouldn't do it. she has the right to live, and disease is natures way of thinning the numbers. if no one died by anything but accidents and old age the world would be even more populated than it is now. i suppose you could argue that the children you would save out weighs one childs life, but how can you value something like that? one childs life is worth the infinate odds and chances it took to get there. infinity x 1 or infinity x 1 billion is still infinity.

I'm sure they are a punishment to some people, but who is to say that is God who is bringing the disease onto innocent people? Although you do make a good point with overpopulation, although I'm sure China's scheme could be adopted elsewhere

malarkeycoon wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

As a Christian, I am totally against murder. .....
What's being a Christian got to do with being against murder? As a Male, I am also against murder.
Stressing the fact that I in no way believe murder is the right way to go.

updated first post, stating that she must be SHOT in order for it to happen

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-07-18 07:10:49)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de

OmniDeath wrote:

agreed.

example: no more aids for the price of one city? more people die a year by aids than it would take to end it that way.
i would kill you, to save 1% of earth population...
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6265|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
My beliefs tell me that everyone is entitled to what they believe in, provided that those beliefs to not stop or inhibit others' beliefs.

For that reason I could only shoot the girl if she understood the situation, and she wanted me to shoot her. Then with a tear in my eye and a heavy heart i'd unload into the infected little bitch.
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

depends... is she Muslim ???

bad joke.
I doubt I would be able. Maybe If I was sick or someone I loved, than for selfish reasons I would consider it. But Im too disappointed in human kind to kill an innocent girl
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6163|California

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

no. i couldn´t. it´s not the fault of the girl. i´d rather die on the same disease, than killing her. there is always hope for a solution.

and if she has a deadly disease, i´m doomed anyway by being in the same room like her... call the WHO, let them set a quarantine and start to pray...
I'm a Catholic and i wouldn't be able to do it either.  And yeah, it's not their fault, survival of the fittest, if you survive the disease, you go on to round 2 (in a weird metaphorical way)...
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm not going to pretend I know what I'd do.

I'd really only know at the time.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
If the government told you too then it'd be okay.

The government tells Christians to murder people every day, and they do it in the name of patriotism...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
Doubt it, would be too personal. Dropping a nuclear bomb tho.. yeah I could do that.

As they say, "1 deaths a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic".
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Easily. Hell, I'd shoot her if it'd prevent someone getting a cold. And then have my wicked way with her corpse.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6521|Little blue planet, milky way
Depends on your definition of "the greater good". curing all disease MIGHT not be for the greater good. There's a damned good reason why disease exists. It's called "culling of the weak". Without it, we'd be TRILLIONS of people on the planet today, not just billions. Then we'd all die of starvation, or canibalism would set in and we'd all die of kuru (!) But THAT'S been cured, so I guess not.

So what IS the greater good in killing a child ? Or 10 , or 100 ? I certainly dont see any greater good in what you propose. Have you ever heard of the term "racial hygene" ? Oh it was VERY popular in the 1920's and up. Forced serilization of the "weak", some countries serilized the crazy, some the handicapped, some started on the gypsies, and ended up with the jews.... Now what part of THAT was for the greater good ?

While I agree that you must sometimes do the WRONG thing to reach the RIGHT goal, then I have to tell you... There IS no "greater good", and EACH wrong thing you do on your way, will put you slightly off course for your goal, and eventually, you'll find that you goal is unattainable, or has shifted.... In which case... Can you TAKE BACK the evil things that you did, now that you find they are no longer a means to an end ?

Another way of putting it would be: If you could save half the worlds population by killing the other half.... Would you be commiting genocide ? Or if you did nothing, would you leave things to chance ? Because chances are that whatever put you in the position to kill half the world, it may not be as bad as what YOU by your own hand will cause.

You are ONLY responsible for your own actions in this life, and as you do not know the future, you do not know that your actions in your hypo WOULD save lives, or cure cancer or save billions of people. In fact, you do not know that what you do wont make things WORSE, so in any given situation you HAVE to make a judgment call, and EACH time you have to make the RIGHT choice. And the right choice in THAT case would be to NOT kill the girl, because your premises are false. Nothing you do to ANY girl will cure cancer.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
agree with you on the disease part... we've been beating the odds for so long with modern medicine that we're going to eventually pay for it, probably with a pandemic...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

ghettoperson wrote:

Easily. Hell, I'd shoot her if it'd prevent someone getting a cold. And then have my wicked way with her corpse.

sick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard