genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6676|Middle of nowhere
So, i've always wondered why the USMC Assault guy get's 6 extra ammo clips but the PLA/MEC assaut guys only get 4.... is there a reason for that?  That isn't exactly helping with the Medic > Assault thing.  I'd still use Assault b/c of the GL, but i'd like to have 6 clips

you don't know how many times i've run out of ammo as PLA/MEC b/c of that
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6146|San Antonio, Texas
Wow, they get more?! O_O

They think they're better than everyone else, eh?

I'd have a Support guy run around with you.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Wow, they get more?! O_O

They think they're better than everyone else, eh?

I'd have a Support guy run around with you.
on IO almost everyone is Medic, or if they are Support, they don't know that they have ammo bags

it's really quite annoying
Cyrax-Sektor
^^ Reminds of that video on YouTube.

I always spam ammo bags when I'm support. I mean, come on, get it here! I see someone use a grenade, I toss an ammo bag at them.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
I know what you mean, i mean you get EASY points for it too
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

I always spam ammo bags when I'm support. I mean, come on, get it here! I see someone use a grenade, I toss an ammo bag at them.
Same here, until I temporarily run out of ammo bags that is.
Cyrax-Sektor
And they reload faster for that matter than med packs. Maybe demanding a supply drop here and there, but they're not mobile. It really all comes down to your other players.
Cyrax-Sektor

M.O.A.B wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

They come back quicker than med bags. And it gives everyone else a chance to spam more bullets.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

They come back quicker than med bags. And it gives everyone else a chance to spam more bullets.
i think they come back quicker than med packs because you get 4 ammo bags and only 3 med packs

i HATE THAT about med packs, it should be the other way around, you can't get 4 heal points for 4 heal bags like you can w/ammo bags
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6451|USA
I noticed this a while ago, but didn't realize that the other armies didn't get the extra clips..
David.P
Banned
+649|6271
Because of taking 3 bursts to kill an armored target as compared to the G36e. Lets do the math shall we?

Lets assume that all targets are armored.

And lets also assume that any ammo left over per clip cannot be used for the next target.

G36e: 2 bursts costs 6 rounds, So 30/6=5. 5kills per clip on armored targets. 5 kills times 5 clips = 25 kills.

M16a2: 3 bursts cost 9 rounds, So 30/9=3.33333333335 which rounds out to 3 kills per clip. 3 kills times 7 clips= 21 kills.

Also lets count in the AK101 and AK47.

AK101:5 rounds to kill Armored targets. So again with math. 30/5=6. 6 kills per clip times 5 clips = 30 kills.

AK47: 4 rounds to kill Armored targets. Math time. 4 kills for armored targets. 30/4= 7.5 lets round down to 7. 7 kills per clip times 5 clips = 35 kills.

But thats if all weapons have the same non fire specifics, Also M16 and G36e burst weapon fire 50% faster and are more accurate. I'm not gonna get into the rest because i'm tired night all.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
it takes two bursts from the M16 to kill someone, and sometimes you get by with one, but generally you fire two bursts anyway because you don't react in time

with my reg usually its three bursts anyway, but with good reg it should usually take two
David.P
Banned
+649|6271

Blehm98 wrote:

it takes two bursts from the M16 to kill someone, and sometimes you get by with one, but generally you fire two bursts anyway because you don't react in time

with my reg usually its three bursts anyway, but with good reg it should usually take two
Nope. 20% damage reduction in burst fire with each pull of the trigger. 30+24+19.2=73.2
Armored targets health 150 do the math.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Aaaaaah! Maths!

/headache.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land

David.Podedworny wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

Nope. 20% damage reduction in burst fire with each pull of the trigger. 30+24+19.2=73.2
Armored targets health 150 do the math.
where do you get this '20% damage reduction?'

there is no such thing...  M16 bullets do 30 damage per hit
edit:
oh...

Nonono, its saying that it does 20% as much damage as the AK101/47, so it takes more shots... 
come on, that is the dumbest idea i've ever heard.  Bullets doing less damage as you shoot faster?  please

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-07-17 23:08:35)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6287|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

It's the balancing thing, y'know. What with the M16 doing less damage than the 101 and 47.

(Which is strange, considering the AK-101 uses 5.56 ammo)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
actually, AK74 and RPK74 use smaller bullets than any other rifle/carbine/MG in the game, but they do more damage than any of the other basic weapons in their class
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Blehm98 wrote:

actually, AK74 and RPK74 use smaller bullets than any other rifle/carbine/MG in the game, but they do more damage than any of the other basic weapons in their class
I blame those goddamn Swedes for not doing their research.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land

cowami wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

yeah, it was part of a russian idea to use smaller bullets that wouldn't go through someone, but when they hit the body they would fragment and destroy it.  Of course, it ended up being a total failure, and the M16 and AK47 still ended up being favored...
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Blehm98 wrote:

cowami wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

yeah, it was part of a russian idea to use smaller bullets that wouldn't go through someone, but when they hit the body they would fragment and destroy it.  Of course, it ended up being a total failure, and the M16 and AK47 still ended up being favored...
Wait, but isn't the AK-74 (the standard model) standard issue for Russian/Soviet bloc troops?
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6461|meh-land
i guess, but really it is used because its a working rifle, but the M16 NATO ammunition did a far better job, so really there isn't much of a point...  I mean it worked, but just not as well as it was originally hoped...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK74

tbh actually, the best MEC weapon would have been AK103, which is an AK101 that fires 7.62mm rounds, so it would at least make sense for it to be more powerful than an M16

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-07-17 23:28:17)

agent146
+127|6384|Jesus Land aka Canada

genius_man16 wrote:

So, i've always wondered why the USMC Assault guy get's 6 extra ammo clips but the PLA/MEC assaut guys only get 4.... is there a reason for that?  That isn't exactly helping with the Medic > Assault thing.  I'd still use Assault b/c of the GL, but i'd like to have 6 clips

you don't know how many times i've run out of ammo as PLA/MEC b/c of that
good question i always wondered that. maybe its a "balance issue" because the m16a2 does less damage then the other rifles; they (producers)  gave the USMC more clips. personally i see the m16a2 as a long range contact weapon; there have been numerous times that i actually ran out of ammo as an assault with the m16a2 if i played "smart" and not gung ho and get alot of kills. On a real life military outlook i i though it was because the us do get on standard 6 magazines. but ya i think it balance issue in sense the m16a2 does so little damage for an assault rifle compared to the others.
Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine
actually , armoured targets have 125% health , not 150% .
And I was also always wondering why MEC & PLA assaults ( and unlocks , G3 & F2000 ) get less mags then M16A2 . Would make sence if G3 gad 8+1 mags and F2000 6+1 mags
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6388|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

genius_man16 wrote:

I know what you mean, i mean you get EASY points for it too
That probaly wont get updated.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6351|West NY
How the hell do you run out of ammo? Are you reloading after every kill or what? I think 5 magazines is enough to use before you reach someone as support class. Plus, ak-101 is so accurate you only need a few shots. You have to be spraying or wasting ammo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard