Poll

Would You Support Your Country Conducting Apartheid Policies?

Yes, it's my country and I would support it20%20% - 18
No, I would support human rights79%79% - 68
Total: 86
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6539|the Netherlands
No no no no ... its silly and i hate the fact that its a dutch word also
David.P
Banned
+649|6290

tthf wrote:

i used to like reading your posts and found your opinions interesting, but what you just said is either pretty ignorant or arrogant, imo.

edit: but if you were saying it tongue in cheek, then, my mistake.
Correct.

stef10 wrote:

The bit about Sins of the Father are to be never passed on to the son. It sounds a bit biblical. If you think you have that in the bible then its wrong. if the father make some serious sins. like hating god. then the next generations will be cursed.
It's not biblical it's logical. Why should i be responsible for something that my ancestor has done? Why should 1 man be enslaved because his father killed another mans slave? Why is it that in some african nations what one member of a family does it affects the whole family? I'll tell you why! Selfishness,Egotism,Greed. All the basic human emotions which make us create divisions amongst ourselves and bring war.

I'm glad people have mentally evolved to the point where they dont judge the group for the acts of one individual. But sadly not in all places of the world. Did you know that in the some parts of the mid-east/asia If your Father owes a debt to someone they have a right to take you as a slave until it's paid back? Did you know that if the slave dies before the debt is paid back nothing happens to the enslaver?

Let me ask you one final time. Why should I as a person be discriminated/hated against for the acts of people in the group i was born into? Was it my choice? I may do the same things to Muslims but thats only because they are to afraid to denounce terrorism.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-17 10:26:01)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

No I do not support apartheid, but I refuse to label anyone that wants to live a segragated life as a racist or bigot.
If you don't condemn their attitude you are accomplice.  Silence isn't doing the right thing and much less helping those who are racists or bigots.
I see, then I shale condemn ALL the Italians in"Little Italy", ALL the blacks in "Harlem", ALL the Chinese in "Chinatown", ALL the Cubans in "Little Havanna", ALL the Greeks in "Little Greece" ALL of the Koreans in "Koreatown" etc........ as bigots and racists. Or are you saying your attitude is only reserved for WHITE PEOPLE who want to enjoy living amongst their own as well?

I dunno, sounds kinda racist to me Serge.
Those you mentioned decided to live in "ghettos" by themselves, not forced by others.  The apartheid makes a group of people to live segregated coz of their race.  Who are talking about white people?  Anyway, the ones conducting apartheid policies today are not that white, in fact they are very similar to the people they segregate, so you can keep the white card for now.
l41e
+677|6664

David.Podedworny wrote:

tthf wrote:

i used to like reading your posts and found your opinions interesting, but what you just said is either pretty ignorant or arrogant, imo.

edit: but if you were saying it tongue in cheek, then, my mistake.
Correct.

stef10 wrote:

The bit about Sins of the Father are to be never passed on to the son. It sounds a bit biblical. If you think you have that in the bible then its wrong. if the father make some serious sins. like hating god. then the next generations will be cursed.
It's not biblical it's logical. Why should i be responsible for something that my ancestor has done? Why should 1 man be enslaved because his father killed another mans slave? Why is it that in some african nations what one member of a family does it affects the whole family? I'll tell you why! Selfishness,Egotism,Greed. All the basic human emotions which make us create divisions amongst ourselves and bring war.

I'm glad people have mentally evolved to the point where they dont judge the group for the acts of one individual. But sadly not in all places of the world. Did you know that in the some parts of the mid-east/asia If your Father owes a debt to someone they have a right to take you as a slave until it's paid back? Did you know that if the slave dies before the debt is paid back nothing happens to the enslaver?

Let me ask you one final time. Why should I as a person be discriminated/hated against for the acts of people in the group i was born into? Was it my choice? I may do the same things to Muslims but thats only because they are to afraid to denounce terrorism.
I didn't see you denounce teen pregnancy, child molesting, genocide, Adolf Hitler, or launching nuclear ballistic missiles at Denmark, therefore you must support teen pregnancy, child molesting, genocide, Adolf hitler, and launching nuclear ballistic missiles at Denmark. Furthermore, everyone in your religion and country also supports said acts.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

If you don't condemn their attitude you are accomplice.  Silence isn't doing the right thing and much less helping those who are racists or bigots.
I see, then I shale condemn ALL the Italians in"Little Italy", ALL the blacks in "Harlem", ALL the Chinese in "Chinatown", ALL the Cubans in "Little Havanna", ALL the Greeks in "Little Greece" ALL of the Koreans in "Koreatown" etc........ as bigots and racists. Or are you saying your attitude is only reserved for WHITE PEOPLE who want to enjoy living amongst their own as well?

Those you mentioned decided to live in "ghettos" by themselves, not forced by others.  The apartheid makes a group of people to live segregated coz of their race.  Who are talking about white people?  Anyway, the ones conducting apartheid policies today are not that white, in fact they are very similar to the people they segregate, so you can keep the white card for now.
Sorry serge you may wanna re-read my post, and to how you responded. I already said I do not condone apartheid. So you are preaching to the choir there. You responded to the second part of my post where I said I do not label anyone that CHOSES to live segragated as racist. YOU then said I would be an accomplice to racism by not speaking out against it. My comment had nothing to do with appartheid at that point, yet you still deemed me a racist.

SO now address my response to that and leave appartheid out of it, since we agreed on that long ago.

Also please add to your comment where you think Chinatown, Little Greece, Koreatown etc are all ghettoes. That also could be construde as racist, could it not?
David.P
Banned
+649|6290

k30dxedle wrote:

I didn't see you denounce teen pregnancy, child molesting, genocide, Adolf Hitler, or launching nuclear ballistic missiles at Denmark, therefore you must support teen pregnancy, child molesting, genocide, Adolf hitler, and launching nuclear ballistic missiles at Denmark. Furthermore, everyone in your religion and country also supports said acts.
Teen pregnancy: It never came into the limelight before. You want me to denounce it?

Child molesters: You never asked.

Genocide: You never asked.

Hitler: He's german i'm not i dont blame the german people for him.

Nukes: When did that happen?

I dont support anythng i dont like and those things i dont like.

Atleast my Religion fessed up to it's mistakes.(Cant say the same for others though ) And how about atheism? Did'nt they kill so many people witht heir glorious people's revolts? Ask Lenin,Mao,Pol pot, Etc( Dont tell me they're different atheism is one of the basic tenants of communism) So uh yeah fess up please to killing millions of people for your belief's (or disbelief's)

You still dont get it do you? It's not the group it's the individual person who should be held responsible, And if the group does not want to denounce the individual then the group must be destroyed.(Not killed just disbanded)

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-17 10:45:20)

l41e
+677|6664

David.Podedworny wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

Teen pregnancy: It never came into the limelight before. You want me to denounce it?

Child molesters: You never asked.

Genocide: You never asked.

Hitler: He's german i'm not i dont blame the german people for him.

Nukes: When did that happen?

I dont support anythng i dont like and those things i dont like.

Atleast my Religion fessed up to it's mistakes.(Cant say the same for others though ) And how about atheism? Did'nt they kill so many people witht heir glorious people's revolts? Ask Lenin,Mao,Pol pot, Etc( Dont tell me they're different atheism is one of the basic tenants of communism) So uh yeah fess up please to killing millions of people for your belief's (or disbelief's)

You still dont get it do you? It's not the group it's the individual person who should be held responsible, And if the group does not want to denounce the individual then the group must be destroyed.(Not killed just disbanded)
Fine. On behalf of my religion or lack thereof, I did something wrong and apologize.

There. I don't have to anything else and anyone who thinks otherwise can go fuck themselves. Apologies and confessions by other people are invalid and will not be accepted, because I've already formed my beliefs and can't be bothered to change them.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry serge you may wanna re-read my post, and to how you responded. I already said I do not condone apartheid. So you are preaching to the choir there. You responded to the second part of my post where I said I do not label anyone that CHOSES to live segragated as racist. YOU then said I would be an accomplice to racism by not speaking out against it. My comment had nothing to do with appartheid at that point, yet you still deemed me a racist.

SO now address my response to that and leave appartheid out of it, since we agreed on that long ago.

Also please add to your comment where you think Chinatown, Little Greece, Koreatown etc are all ghettoes. That also could be construde as racist, could it not?
What other part of your post?  That's the whole post, unless I'm wrong.  Btw, I never called you a racist.  I said "you" aka people, should condemn their attitude, not that you didn't condemn it.  Sorry if you felt I was talking specifically of you mate.  And where am I being racist for using the word ghetto.  A ghetto is a place where people from the same race or ethnicity live together voluntarily or not.  Chinese people living in Chinatown constitute a ghetto, am I wrong?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

What other part of your post?  That's the whole post, unless I'm wrong.  Btw, I never called you a racist.  I said "you" aka people, should condemn their attitude, not that you didn't condemn it.  Sorry if you felt I was talking specifically of you mate.  And where am I being racist for using the word ghetto.  A ghetto is a place where people from the same race or ethnicity live together voluntarily or not.  Chinese people living in Chinatown constitute a ghetto, am I wrong?
Serge, you are trying to dodge my post. I do think like I posted, so you DID  call me a racist ( along with everyone else that thinks like me ). I do not take offense nor am a defensive about it. I simply wnat to know why I ( and everyone else that might agree ) am a racist because I condone voluntary segragation and all who choose it should be allowed to do so. Yet, you DO NOT consider the Greeks, Italians, Koreans, Chinese, etc as racist when THEY choose voluntary segragation and live in their own communities.

and no they are not all ghettoes. They are ethic communities filled with business owners that simply choose to live and do business amongst their own.
David.P
Banned
+649|6290

k30dxedle wrote:

Fine. On behalf of my religion or lack thereof, I did something wrong and apologize.

There. I don't have to anything else and anyone who thinks otherwise can go fuck themselves. Apologies and confessions by other people are invalid and will not be accepted, because I've already formed my beliefs and can't be bothered to change them.
I did'nt say apologize i said admit that your religion or lack there-of made mistakes in the past.

Noone has to apologize for another's actions all they have to do is denounce them say they are wrong thats it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Serge, you are trying to dodge my post. I do think like I posted, so you DID  call me a racist ( along with everyone else that thinks like me ). I do not take offense nor am a defensive about it. I simply wnat to know why I ( and everyone else that might agree ) am a racist because I condone voluntary segragation and all who choose it should be allowed to do so. Yet, you DO NOT consider the Greeks, Italians, Koreans, Chinese, etc as racist when THEY choose voluntary segragation and live in their own communities.

and no they are not all ghettoes. They are ethic communities filled with business owners that simply choose to live and do business amongst their own.
I ain't trying to dodge anything.  At this point I don't know what you are talking about.  I called you a racist?  You are not a racist for overlooking voluntary segregation.  When did I say otherwise?  I don't understand your point.  You don't condone voluntary segregation, but you judge me for not considering racist the same thing.  Read your post pls.  Are you sure you wanna use the word condone?  Don't you mean condemn?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-07-17 11:18:23)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA
Ok serge backing up a bit ::

I said:
"No I do not support apartheid, but I refuse to label anyone that wants to live a segragated life as a racist or bigot."

In response to this YOU said :
"If you don't condemn their attitude you are accomplice.  Silence isn't doing the right thing and much less helping those who are racists or bigots."

Assuming that being an accomplice of something means I am guilty as well, in this case racism. I said::
"I see, then I shale condemn ALL the Italians in"Little Italy", ALL the blacks in "Harlem", ALL the Chinese in "Chinatown", ALL the Cubans in "Little Havanna", ALL the Greeks in "Little Greece" ALL of the Koreans in "Koreatown" etc........ as bigots and racists. Or are you saying your attitude is only reserved for WHITE PEOPLE who want to enjoy living amongst their own as well?
I dunno, sounds kinda racist to me Serge."

So, lets take it from there and forget all the rest. Again I condone voluntary segragation and you called people that do not condemn it are accomplices to racism. I then gave you examples of other people that voluntarily live segragated and wonder if they are all racist as well.

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-17 12:09:36)

san4
The Mas
+311|6705|NYC, a place to live
I strongly support racial/ethnic segregation in certain instances, such as where any minority group is threatened and can be protected only by being segregated. Such as blacks in a prison race riot, or Jews in the world.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

san4 wrote:

I strongly support racial/ethnic segregation in certain instances, such as where any minority group is threatened and can be protected only by being segregated. Such as blacks in a prison race riot, or Jews in the world.
Wow. You support the ghettoization of jews!!?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

lowing wrote:

I said:
"No I do not support apartheid, but I refuse to label anyone that wants to live a segragated life as a racist or bigot."

"If you don't condemn their attitude you are accomplice.  Silence isn't doing the right thing and much less helping those who are racists or bigots."

Assuming that being an accomplice of something means I am guilty as well, in this case racism. I said::
"I see, then I shale condemn ALL the Italians in"Little Italy", ALL the blacks in "Harlem", ALL the Chinese in "Chinatown", ALL the Cubans in "Little Havanna", ALL the Greeks in "Little Greece" ALL of the Koreans in "Koreatown" etc........ as bigots and racists. Or are you saying your attitude is only reserved for WHITE PEOPLE who want to enjoy living amongst their own as well?

So, lets take it from there and forget all the rest. Again I condone voluntary segragation and you called people that do not condemn it are accomplices to racism. I then gave you examples of other people that voluntarily live segragated and wonder if they are all racist as well.
I misunderstood the first post.  I thought you were saying you won't condemn a person who segregates others, my fault.  Btw, very American, I mean the colors.  Or French?  Maybe you like the French.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

san4 wrote:

Could you explain a bit more?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

Would you?
You forgot the one option applicable to about 3/4 of the people who post here:

"What is apartheid?"
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Would you?
You forgot the one option applicable to about 3/4 of the people who post here:

"What is apartheid?"
That we'll explain later with real examples.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

I said:

I misunderstood the first post.  I thought you were saying you won't condemn a person who segregates others, my fault.  Btw, very American, I mean the colors.  Or French?  Maybe you like the French.
LOL, yeah, I salute the French!!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

David.Podedworny wrote:

Yes because i'm an asshole.
Yeah, but what if they started segregating all assholes from the rest of the public?  Wouldn't you hate being stuck living amongst all the other assholes?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

I said:

They did help you gain independence.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

They did help you gain independence.
Only after they saw the British were on the ropes and only then, to stick a jab to the British. France couldn't have cared less about our independence, they just hated the British bad enough to help.

Also, a favor ( if you wanna call it that ) that was repaid 2 fold.

P.S. Fuck the French

Last edited by lowing (2007-07-17 16:59:29)

David.P
Banned
+649|6290

Turquoise wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Yeah, but what if they started segregating all assholes from the rest of the public?  Wouldn't you hate being stuck living amongst all the other assholes?
Assholes can change to pussy's.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

David.Podedworny wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

LOL...  That Team America conversation comes to mind....
David.P
Banned
+649|6290

Turquoise wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

LOL...  That Team America conversation comes to mind....
Yep thats where i get most of my sayings from.

EDIT: I dont intend to turn into a pussy maybe a dick.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-17 20:11:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard